What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wests Tigers v Melbourne Storm *Live Updates*

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Wests v Melbourne
Leichhardt Oval, 2.30pm Sunday 2 April

Tigers: Brett Hodgson (c), Daniel Fitzhenry, Dean Collis, Paul Whatuira, Shane Elford, Benji Marshall, Scott Prince, Bryce Gibbs, Stuart Flanagan, Todd Payten, Anthony Laffranchi, Ben Galea, Jamaal Lolesi.
Interchange: Isaac De Gois, Chris Heighington, John Skandalis, Ryan O'Hara, Ben Reynolds (one to be omitted).

Storm: Billy Slater, Matt Geyer, Matt King, Greg Inglis, Steve Turner, Scott Hill, Cooper Cronk, Garret Crossman, Cameron Smith, Brett White, David Kidwell (c), Ryan Hoffman, Dallas Johnson.
Interchange: Ian Donnelly, Jamie Feeney, Jeremy Smith, Chris Walker, Adam Blair, Nathan Friend (one to be omitted).

Referee: Jason Robinson.

2005 Matches
MELBOURNE 34 Wests 22 at OP Melbourne
MELBOURNE 30 Wests 14 at Leichhardt

Opening Prices on TAB Sportsbet (Wednesday 29 Mar)
Wests 1.65
Melbourne 2.15

innsaneink

Referee
First Grade game No.-500 for Wests Tigers coach Tim Sheens, fittingly as current premiers coach...hopefully the boys can make it a celebration.

DeeGan

Bench
To Tigers fans..

Is there a reason behind playing John Skandalis from the bench for the second game in a row? I thought he was simply under a injury cloud last week vs New Zealand?

What is your opinion on Stuart Flanaghan? By no means will he be a Robbie Farrah for you and it seems he was behind Isaac De Gois only last week - is he any good? I have heard mixed reports.

innsaneink

Referee
I think Skando would be starting if he was 100%...though Im not certain on why hes off the bench, I dont think Sheens has made mention of it.

Flanagan went OK last week, Id only seen him a few times prior...I dont think there was much between him & deGois, easier to stand out the back end of the half...he seems slow to me, but he has a few tricks up his sleeve.

Timmah

Staff member
Storm putting all the early pressure on the Tigers. Inglis try, Smith misses.

Storm 4-0.

Laffranchi puts a dangerous tackle on a Storm attacker, Storm penalty - again on the attack now.

6 mins gone.

Timmah

Staff member
Laffranchi pushes over, Hodgson converts. Tigers 6-4.

Timmah

Staff member
Tigers (Elford) try out wide, Hodgson misses.

10-4 big buddy, Tigers way.

Mal Meninga

Bench
What the f**k was doing there?
Lolesi puts in an elbow to Johnsons face that Hoppa would've been proud of yet Inglis is penalised??

Lolesi should be atleast in the bin.
Simpkins or whoever the f**k that ref is has given some soft penalties for little infringements but when it involves someones head and abit of blood nothing happened.

What a joke some refs are.

Kidwell is a joke of a player aswell, deadset always takes the wrong options.

Mr Saab

Referee
Mal Meninga said:
What the f**k was doing there?
Lolesi puts in an elbow to Johnsons face that Hoppa would've been proud of yet Inglis is penalised??

Lolesi should be atleast in the bin.
Simpkins or whoever the f**k that ref is has given some soft penalties for little infringements but when it involves someones head and abit of blood nothing happened.

What a joke some refs are.

Kidwell is a joke of a player aswell, deadset always takes the wrong options.

jason robinson is the worst ref in the comp. disgraceful decision

Latest posts