What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wests Tigers v Melbourne Storm *Live Updates*

shadow grinder

First Grade
foxsports

The crowd started chanting, "Slater's a wanker" and jeered each time he touched the ball.

Slater, who scored two runaway tries, apologised to Skandalis on the field after the game.

"He had my leg after I passed the ball and I tried to break free and unfortunately I kicked him in the head," Slater said.

"He didn't take too kindly to that but I found him after the game and he was sweet.

"He's a good fellow and I wanted him to know it was an accident.

"It was one of those things that happen in a game. I don't think there will be any drama."

Skandalis said he had accepted Slater's apology.

"It's all over and finished," Skandalis said. "He apologised after the game on the field and I accepted it. I hope nothing more comes of it. I don't want him suspended. It happened in the heat of the moment.

"I don't mind leaving things like that on the field. It just stunned me."

Asked about the crowd reaction, Skandalis said: "They must have seen it. They stuck with me which was good.

"We got away with the win. That's enough for me."

willvillain

Juniors
shadow grinder said:
:lol: so because he got 3 easy kicks....he is now regarded a really good kicker? :lol::lol:

Three easy kicks? He nailed two from the sideline! Obviously Orford isn't the best kicker in the comp, but he kicked well enough on Sat night to suggest to me that he is far from the worst.

tiger_nick said:
Do you even know what a 50/50 call is?

Of course 90/10 calls would go in one teams favour, 90% of the time.

Thanks for the maths lesson Einstein...how about I rephrase it to "getting screwed over by the ref" to make my point that the refs need to wake up to the home crowd bias and start looking at the antics of both teams.

I am not blaming the ref for Storm's loss but the inconcistent performances put in by refs will cost a team a game every week.

tiger_nick

Bench
kia ora storm said:
Thanks for the maths lesson Einstein...how about I rephrase it to "getting screwed over by the ref" to make my point that the refs need to wake up to the home crowd bias and start looking at the antics of both teams.

I am not blaming the ref for Storm's loss but the inconcistent performances put in by refs will cost a team a game every week.

Well maybe if you guys actually got some people to your games your would experience this aswell.

fulltime

Juniors
dodge said:
I'm sorry, and why should Slater be penalised? Because his foot connected with poor widdle Johnny's face? Give me a break, Skando shouldn't have been holding on and I'm sure if Billy meant to kick him the face he would've done a bit more damage than that.

good call you have NFI

Latest posts