What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WestsTigers vs Soufs

The Rosco

Bench
Wow !!!
Didin't get to see the whole replay, was forced to listen to the schmuk radio broadcast... but WHAT A GAME !
I saw Benji doing good things. Dane announced his arrival to the masses .
For Fux Sake, Morris even played well !!
Robbie was brilliant, Heighno as usual, Moltzen, etc, etc, etc.
I don't know if I just got to see the best 30 minutes, but I thought that was amongst our best performances in 08.

What did you guys think ??

Raging Rabbit

juniors
A seriously good win for Wests - well done.

Today was a classic case of a master coach in Sheens dominating the game plan.

And for once we had the rub of the green with that spastic Jason Robinson and it still couldn't help us.

What about the sin binning, wtf was that?????

Best of luck for the rest of the season.

Vicious

Bench
It was a very good win as I don`t think Souths done all that much wrong, we were just more enthusiastic which hasn`t happened very often this season !

N.C.

Juniors
Keeping the Rabbits to six in the first 20 minutes is what won us the game. So much possession on our line and our defense just kept turning up. Up there with round 2, no doubt, although I didn't see that game... A good win for us, I'm not so convinced that Farah at 7 and Morris at 9 is the worst possible thing for us for the time being. Hodgo taking a breather left us a ball player short, and I tend to think that's just what the team needed...

We had 17 contributors today, all our forwards fired up and made plenty of yardage, which laid a platform for Benji and Robbie to create opportunities for our outside men, who took those chances and put plenty of points on the board. Textbook Rugby League, executed to perfection, not many teams would of beaten us today.

matty-ducati

Juniors
congrats to benji! thought he showed form today, as most of u no i give him sh*t, but where respect is due ill praise him. good work son, now to build a platform off this game!

super_coach

First Grade
Souths didnt do a lot wrong it was just a case of the tigers in the second half playing the perfect game plan. They kept it simple, lots of dashes from dummy half,than kick to the corners and a great kick chase game and than good defensive sets with no cheap piggy backs. Worked a treat. What I did like was Farah calling 80% of the plays and Marshall 20%. In weeks gone by we have had Farah hogo marshall morris and head all calling the shots,dosnt work

Spank

Juniors
I think the person that needs the biggest pat on the back was big red, having Galloway back makes SO much of a difference to our club.... bit of go forward and toughness helps lay a platform for the game, Gibbs followed suit as did the rest of the forward pack. Very impressed.

The defense in the first 20 minutes is what won us the game though, so tough and never gave up which allowed Robbie & Benji to work their magic.

Not 1 person can be bagged yesterday. Morris was brilliant as was Kapow, TNT, Lawrence... all of them. Even Payne made a try savign tackle.

PLUS i watched it all from the 'souths legends' corporate box, thanks for the fillet steak, free beer and ass kicking Rabbits much appreciated ;)

Dave Q

Coach
The doctor says I should be right to walk normally again in a week.

Tigers had the better game plan, their players were better prepared.

The league world is now on notice that youse are not surrendering 08 without one hell of a fight.

:cool:

Bench
The doctor says I should be right to walk normally again in a week.

Tigers had the better game plan, their players were better prepared.

The league world is now on notice that youse are not surrendering 08 without one hell of a fight.

:cool:
We generally come good for a few weeks this time of year,give us supporters some finals dream then fade out badly in the last month.
Here is hoping we have learned from the last 2 years and kick on this year.
Souths have plenty to look forward to,they are finding these young players who look like future stars,they should be back in the 8 next year.

macnaz

Staff member
Anyone see Coedi Towney carve them up again in toyota cup, id love to see what the kid could do with a game in 1st's.:cool:

Spank

Juniors
Yeah he was just as good as he has been the whole season.... its like a younger version of Hodgo lol

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Well done Tiges, you deserved your win on the back of some superb defence, followed up by brilliance from Benji and Farah.

Too good for us.

Cheers

macnaz

Staff member
Yeah he was just as good as he has been the whole season.... its like a younger version of Hodgo lol
Yeah thats my mate and i thought, he even walks the same. But seriously everytime he touched the ball he broke the line or else came very close. Sign him up i reckon, a very good prospect.

Spank

Juniors
He got pace, he knows how to find a gap.... needs to add some size then yeah for sure top prospect !