What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We've been given the breaks, let's take advantage of it

cadburys

Juniors
In the lead up to this game it seems everything has fallen into place for us.

We have had the bye to freshen up.

The broncos were dusted up by the dogs (Although this could be dangerous as brisbane have'nt lost back to back games this year)

As a courtesy of this game, they have been weakened through injury and
suspension.

Our competitors for the finals fell over their own feet on the same weekend, and are playing leading finals contenders in the coming weeks.

Not to mention that barring minor miracles, Brisbane will finish no worse than 3rd, even if they lose all their remaining matches.

They are already there, we're not.

Hence, we have far more to play for.

All that is now needed is to close the deal by taking advantage of the cards
we've been dealt.

As long as we don't fall into the trap of looking at Brisbane's missing pieces, and assume victory is already ours, im sure this is attainable.

Time to finish the job

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Our fate is in our own hands and it would take us to choke for us not to make the top 8 for the first time this season!

Wrighty79

Juniors
Mighty Tiger said:
Our fate is in our own hands and it would take us to choke for us not to make the top 8 for the first time this season!

I hope we're not the Port Adelaide of the NRL :(

HOT028

Juniors
all we need will be GOOD BALL RETENTION and a good attitude and the game will be ours for the taking.

Wrighty79

Juniors
HOT028 said:
all we need will be GOOD BALL RETENTION and a good attitude and the game will be ours for the taking.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Are you the guy from the 7's who keptr shouting out BALL RETENTION! BALL RETENTION!

Tigerpete

Juniors
After reading a the Scott Prince article, FOCUS is what i noticed about him, he's primed for this game. After hearing Scott Sattler on sunday arvo on 2GB, when askeed about the results , he wasnt getting carried away either, FOCUS again. Last night Sports Tonight ran a story on Darren Senter and on his determination to finish off on a high.

So to me the boys look motivated, they look hungry and if the performances of the last month are anything to go by, we'll give the broncs a real good shake on saturday night.

Wobbygong

First Grade
Fair dinkum if you lot don't put this busted up tragic Broncos side to the sword on the weekend then you guys are wasting your time even making 8th spot.

West Tigers 24

Broncos 16

ozcrusader

Bench
I don't know about others here, but I am getting really edgy with all this waiting. We have a real chance at making the 8 but it seems I want it to happen NOW rather than in 3 weeks.

Cadbury you are completely right - EVERYTHING is going our way. It could not be setup any more easier than us for us to win. In hidnsight, our mid season slump was timed rather well because we are hitting our straps at the right time and not falling over like the Knights/Sharks and Raiders.

The only concern I have is quality - do we have the cattle to challenge the Broncos or even other top teams?

This is a golden opportunity for the club and I hope the boys grab it with two hands!
(even Darren Senter) :D

Wrighty79

Juniors
Wobbygong said:
Fair dinkum if you lot don't put this busted up tragic Broncos side to the sword on the weekend then you guys are wasting your time even making 8th spot.

West Tigers 24

Broncos 16

That's rich coming from a guy who supports a team who got touched up by.....

PARRAMATTATTA!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

HOT028

Juniors
Wrighty79 said:
HOT028 said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Are you the guy from the 7's who keptr shouting out BALL RETENTION! BALL RETENTION!

Yes that would be I, and thats why we won.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

steven_tiger

Juniors
i will miss half the game because im at work :evil:

i told the boss the radio will be on from 5pm though :lol: while i clean the dishes :|

Wrighty79

Juniors
steven_tiger said:

i told the boss the radio will be on from 5pm though :lol: while i clean the dishes :|

I'll be thinking of you whilst I'm at Suncorp smshing p..s!!!!!!! :music1: :alcho:

HOT028

Juniors
Wrighty79 said:
steven_tiger said:

I'll be thinking of you whilst I'm at Suncorp smshing p..s!!!!!!! :music1: :alcho:

who are you going to the game with?

Wrighty79

Juniors
HOT028 said:
Wrighty79 said:
steven_tiger said:

who are you going to the game with?

My wife, her sister, and the WTF's that are making the trip. Are you going to the game Hottie? Or are you a fakey fan?

Wobbygong

First Grade
Buddy I'm first to admit it, ie that the Sharks are an absolute joke. They have massive problems if they beat the Roosters one week and get smashed by the eels the next. It's not rich, I've already given up a top eight hope with the attitude displayed by my team on the weekend.

I hope the Tigers win and give it to the Broncos, but fair dinkum if you can't beat them with the team they are likley to trot out, then you're kidding yourselves.

I think you guys deserve to make the eight, but unfortunately you won't survive past the first week of the semis - the top 5 sides all have you covered pretty easily.