What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weyman's long-awaited return giant leap forward

nickraider

Juniors
Timbo said:
Fair go-Frawley was in origin consideration his last year at Brisbane.

Agree totally Timbo. Think he should be in the centres though. He came to the Raiders hoping to play centre and Elliott hasn't given him the chance. I know he's been injured, but I think putting Mogg and Howell ahead of him in that position is a kick in the guts.

ed bbay

Juniors
weyman = CROCK this bloke owes the club big time he should stay 4 nothing hes on alot more than u blokes think if you can trust the rumors down on the coast & he s not worth a bumper . if he makes it through this weeks p/l game id be surprised .

again here we go signing players up well before june 30 why did nt we wait till weyman played some games before signing him up if he played every game with out injury up till june 30 then sign him up but not now , what happens if he gets hurt again on the weekend & is out 4 the rest of the year & we ve signed him already .

VERY POOR JUDGRMENT FROM OUR BOARD ...SHAME SHAME SHAME .

Mal Meninga

Bench
Mate i'd rather us sign Weyman to a two year deal and prove us wrong, than him signing a deal with another club and proving us wrong.
The fact is the blokes had a horrid run with injurys, hes young but looks top class when on the field. Age will help his bones become more mature, I expect him to kill it once he can keep himself injury free cause we all kow how good he can be.

Management has made some really poor decisions in past years such as signing a winger in Frawley with a torrid injury history to such a big deal but he was never really all that much of a player. Weyman has shown calibre that I haven't seen in a Raiders prop in a LONG time.

FullySick

Juniors
I agree that signing Weyman is an EXCELLENT move by managment. In the limitied time ive seen him, you can tell the guy is a class player. You cant pick your injuries, and unfortunately hes had his fair share over the past couple of years.....but when fit, id rather Weyman play for us rather than against us.

dubby

Bench
I have a question to ask Sully and R69; do you know the details of Weymans contract? Do you know how much he is being paid, his incentives etc? I bet you have no idea guys, all you have are assumptions.
If we didn't sign horse, you guys would be screaming bloody murder.
Give management a bit of slack!
As nobody here knows the truth, lets all just be glad we have signed a very good young player. Having said that tho, if he remains injured for the next two years, i will be very annoyed!

Chachi

Bench
IMO he's definitely worth the risk. The guy is only 21 years old for heavens sake! He'll play Origin one day soon.

Sully

Juniors
YOUR PASSION IS COMMENDABLE!!!

BUT..

Surely you guys must admit we are in CRISIS!!!

F**K, Remember 89-97 WE where the KINGS!

Now we are sh*te.

Weyman, YES potentially GOOD but worth wasting another 2 seasons on... NOT A CHANGE.

Raider_69

Post Whore
dubby said:
I have a question to ask Sully and R69; do you know the details of Weymans contract? Do you know how much he is being paid, his incentives etc? I bet you have no idea guys, all you have are assumptions.
If we didn't sign horse, you guys would be screaming bloody murder.
Give management a bit of slack!
As nobody here knows the truth, lets all just be glad we have signed a very good young player. Having said that tho, if he remains injured for the next two years, i will be very annoyed!

i can garentee you the clowns in HQ didnt have the f**king foresight to throw him on incentives, when they do its generally made public to the media ALA Learoyd-Lahrs

f**k me, they are paying 220k to see Frawley pull out and sit on the sidelines with a sore knee, imagine the tag they've given horse!!

Raider_69

Post Whore
Mal Meninga said:
Learoyd Lahrs was a top deal by management.
Hopefully Weyman is on something similar.

indeed
but the odds are not in the favour of the clowns in HQ
as i said, all our incentive based deals have been reported as such in the media, ive seen no such thing in the media regarding Weyman

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Horse is worth every cent we throw at him.
Once he strings a season together he is in the same company as SBW and Marshall.

sydraider

First Grade
I hope Horse takes his time coming back. I would rather be patient and have him come back with sound fitness. Honestly there is no rush, its not like we are goin to be setting foot at the top half of the table for a while.
I'd prefer a weyman who actually will set the league world on fire and not the myth thats currently bandied about now.

ed bbay

Juniors
look everybody here wants him to play his pants off & make rep teams put the fact is his injury prone . i think he s great i saw alot of him when he & cross where playing p/l & won the title .

BUT HOW COME NO ONE ELSE HERE IS PISSED OFF WITH US SIGNING PLAYERS EARLY .

there s no need to panic NO ONE ELSE CAN GET THEM BEFORE JUNE 30 so why not wait till they play a month of footy .

if they are giving him 150.00 & next week he breaks his wrist again it was a bad move but if you sign him after he breaks his wrist you d get him for 100.00 . worst case scenario if he plays well you might have to pay him 250.00 but a fit weyman is worth that sort of money but would nt you like to know which one your getting & youd only know that a month after soild foot ball has been played .

edabomb

First Grade
I'm pissed off at them signing players like Howell early who are going to attract little to no attention on the open market.

However, someone like Weyman would have 3 or 4 clubs after him IMO. He is exactly the type of player you'd want to tie up early.

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
thickos said:
The big question.... did he survive the game?
I was wondering the same thing. I guess we probably would have heard by now about any injury that may have been sustained. I think another week or 2 is what he needs in PL so he has some proper match fitness under his belt.

Raider_69

Post Whore
not only survived by from all reports was a few classes above the level of Premier league, made some massive inroads into the defence, will be in FG as soon as he is match fit

aussies1st

Staff member
Thats the Weyman we love and know. Can't wait to see the beast back on the FG paddock.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Yeah watched PL and was absolutley amazed at his influence on the game. We scored very few points without him on the field which I figure was half the game. Seeing Weyman and Tilse annihilate the cougars defensive line was a highlight of the night. I don't know if Tilse could handle the pace of first grade yet but we've gotta get Weyman in there ASAP.

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
not only survived by from all reports was a few classes above the level of Premier league, made some massive inroads into the defence, will be in FG as soon as he is match fit
Let's hope so. I just think match fit will take him that little bit longer considering his form in that regard.

Latest posts