What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What a disgrace!

OmniShark

Juniors
fizman said:
I am refering to the comments that the Coach made at the press conference about some of Parramatta's tries being and I quote "assy".
Agree, truly pathetic

fizman said:
He also noted to Sponsors and Supporters that the players are hurting. BIG DEAL you imbecile, at this level of competition we don't care if the players are hurting we want results. Its as if giving a 100% effort is good enough.
The sad thing is almost all the players are giving 100%.
But it's not enough when the handbrakes H1 & H2 are on.

carcharias

Immortal
Actually ...I thought he said "I wouldn't call them arsey"..
he then crapped on about the bounce of the ball and things sticking etc etc ..
Doesn't make a pinch of piss difference now though.

bornadragon

Juniors
I lived in North central Cronulla for the past 7 years. i have a friend whom I've known for at least half a life time (so far). He is as Cronulla as any man could possibly be. At was until not so long ago. He has every version of the sharks playing strip since their foundation... That was until now ! ! !

He truely is done with dreaming. He cannot see the day then the Cronulla - Sutherland side can ever win a comp. From Barry Pierce right through to the trainer should be hearded into the mall for a public stoneing, then hang the bastards. Yes my allegiance is elsewhere, yet I've stood on the nulla hill week in - week out, (including the driving rain) watching your boy in 10 fold more games then my lot.

Both players and coaches - John Lang came and went, Anderson too have all left with their dreams in tatters because the pigheads that ARE the Cronulla - Sutherland board cannot run that football club and refuse to let sway so someone (like Stuart Raper) can win a premiership.

It is time to seriously look at the WHOLE Cronulla - Sutherland football club STRUCTURE and bring in someone that knows how to win the shire a damn competition. The guys who have put themselves in place should not be in place any longer... It is nothing short of a travesty of justice.

For the sake of the game, and more importantly the sanity of every Cronulla - Sutherland supporter something needs to be done and done now. Not later, but NOW - a genuine up heavel

My friend has lost genuine interest and all desire for the sharks... And that my friends IS REAL

coolumsharkie

Referee
Thats a bit harsh carch.

I thought that was a good geniune post from someone who at least spends part of his hard earns on a team he doesn't even support (maybe he's a closet Sharkie, I known a few of them over the years).

Good post bornadragonscum :)

Since 73 said:
Good point KOH.
you have to put yourself in the position to score any try, assy or otherwise.

I'll take an assy try any day of the week.
But our guys just aren't being put in the position to take advantage of any opponents mistake.

Also, at the end of the day, not only are we taking advantage of our opponents' mistakes, at the end of the day, we're just not mopping up our own knock backs, mis-hit kicks and wayward passes.

If at the end of the day, they are leading to tries by the opposition, at the end of the day our skill levels and ultimately our commitment levels have to be seriously questioned.

And at the end of the day, I'd say that's primarily a coaching issue.

At the end of the day if all Stuart Raper can do is say "I'm ignoring stats, I'm looking forward not back and at the end of the day they only won because they were assy", he needs to be punted.

Kiwishark

Juniors
um....Question:

Who sacks the board?

and who sacks the CEO?

Can the CEO sack the board and the board sack the CEO?

Do members have the ability to sack the board/CEO in a vote kinda thing?

What's the happs on this one?

7 losses in a row and 40 years of premiership-less-ness is enough of a warning bell for me, surely, SURELY someone at the club can look past the good of themselves for the good of the Club and the fans...

Bringing in a whole upheavel from the top (except Lam imo) would bring turmoil at first, maybe a season or two, but in the long run we would see the benefits

spider

Coach
Kiwishark said:
um....Question:

Who sacks the board? We do

and who sacks the CEO? The board does

Can the CEO sack the board and the board sack the CEO?

Do members have the ability to sack the board/CEO in a vote kinda thing? the power too do so if a candidate runs and has the backing.

What's the happs on this one? Via the clubs AGM

7 losses in a row and 40 years of premiership-less-ness is enough of a warning bell for me, surely, SURELY someone at the club can look past the good of themselves for the good of the Club and the fans...

Bringing in a whole upheavel from the top (except Lam imo) would bring turmoil at first, maybe a season or two, but in the long run we would see the benefits

PJ

First Grade
It is time to seriously look at the WHOLE Cronulla - Sutherland football club STRUCTURE and bring in someone that knows how to win the shire a damn competition. The guys who have put themselves in place should not be in place any longer... It is nothing short of a travesty of justice.

THanks for the appraisal.

Do you think we can Doust and Brown. That seems to be working well.

Kiwishark

Juniors
Thanks for that Spider-Shark.

Hopefully we see an overhaul come AGM time. They can assess what they have done this year and see that that is not much at all:( .
Their job is based on results and they haven't had any.

Logic must previal:crazy: ....

I hope... but not holding my breath

Frenzy.

Post Whore
King of the Hill said:
Also, at the end of the day, not only are we taking advantage of our opponents' mistakes, at the end of the day, we're just not mopping up our own knock backs, mis-hit kicks and wayward passes.

If at the end of the day, they are leading to tries by the opposition, at the end of the day our skill levels and ultimately our commitment levels have to be seriously questioned.

And at the end of the day, I'd say that's primarily a coaching issue.

At the end of the day if all Stuart Raper can do is say "I'm ignoring stats, I'm looking forward not back and at the end of the day they only won because they were assy", he needs to be punted.

Dousty? Is that you Pete?

Thanks Bornadragon and I'm not being sarcastic. The appraisal that you've just given is so much in line with Sharky supporters that I suspect that have a soft spot for us.

We the supporters see it. Supporters from other clubs see it. The media can see it. Yet the fools in control of our club cannot, or more than likely don't want to see it.

Oh for a set of those rose coloured glasses.

Latest posts