What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

what a f*cking stupid decision

jimmythehand

Juniors
whoever said to go for the two points needs their head checked. Manly on the ropes, chance to put the game to bed with 15 mins to go. The Bulldogs deserved to lose with decision making like that.

voltron

Juniors
yeah, but wat advantage does taking a penalty give them?
theyre still within a converted try range.
and anything can happen in 15minutes

jimmythehand

Juniors
wasn't hind sight, i said it as soon as the penalty was given. if you've got a chance to kill the game off you simply have to take it.

effnic

Bench
Andrew Ryan (Your el capitano) chose that option. Folkes said take the tap. From a manly fan point of view i was very happy to see Ryan point to the posts, the dogs had manly on the back foot big time.

jimmythehand

Juniors
manly weren't even able to get back the 10 metres at the time they were that tired. 2 points gave them a chance to regroup as well. &*#@$^&#$^&#%^#%^#%Q#% idiot.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Woeful decision. Ryan should second the captaincy to Mason or we should have a leadership group like other clubs. The decision was one of the stupidest things I've seen happen.

Ryan is an awesome player and has been a good captain but we can't have decisions like that cost us games.

willvillain

Juniors
Every Manly fan in the stadium was shouting 'GO FOR THE 2!' and Ryan obliged. There was an obvious momentum shift after that. It didn't change the score much - Manly still needed to score a try. But it did say that the Dogs weren't confident of crossing for a third try and gave Manly the confidence to finish the game stronger.

willvillain

Juniors
I wouldn't say the match-winner was 'handed' to Manly. Monas still played a fair hand in it...

Unless you're talking about Hicks try. That was a gift from El Masri!

Dutchy

Immortal
Best decision ever..

Credit has to be paid to manlys defence though..Ryan was obviously sick of trying to break it

da_greekbulldog

Juniors
i new it from the start that those 2 points were gonna bite us back in the asss later on in the match, veryyyyyy bad move hopefully ryan can learn from it

Rutager

Juniors
willvillain said:
I wouldn't say the match-winner was 'handed' to Manly. Monas still played a fair hand in it...

Unless you're talking about Hicks try. That was a gift from El Masri!

Yes, I was refering to the Hicks try.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
scottyj said:
Best decision ever..

Credit has to be paid to manlys defence though..Ryan was obviously sick of trying to break it

Considering at one point we led 12-4 and were defending better than you for most of the game (our error rate was the issue, not your defence), breaking your defence was a piece of piss.

But we fell away when it mattered and dickhead bobcat shot us in the foot with the goal decision. :(

Dogs Of War

Coach
Same stupid decision happened in the Penrith game. Early on in the match we were leading 2-0 and for some reason when we got a penalty we took another 2 points. El Masri is a great kicker and all, but you have to press your advantage.

Azkatro

First Grade
Dodger said:
Woeful decision. Ryan should second the captaincy to Mason or we should have a leadership group like other clubs. The decision was one of the stupidest things I've seen happen.

Ryan is an awesome player and has been a good captain but we can't have decisions like that cost us games.
He captained them to a grand final win.. he can't be too bad.

jimmythehand

Juniors
wow didn't parramatta screw up today. it's funny this week at 14-6 I was screaming "take the 2 take the 2". Eels would have been odds on to score a try at that stage and it would have been a long way back. When you've got a 2 or 8 or 14 point lead these days you're crazy to take the 2 points - it could be your last attacking opportunity for a long time the way momentum shifts.

Latest posts