What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What a game from The Dragons

TheMightyRedV

Juniors
^ yeah true...good to see us holding out teams for 80 minutes..that was a very tough game of football.

And dead set, hats off to the red and white army, and the rest of the dragon faithful in the crowd. Was an absolute buzz watching and hearing the army and the sea of red and white this arvo!

Ulysseus

Bench
I don't think the Roosters were too bad in parts.
Considering they are only 7 games into a new coach, I'd say that great things beckon on their horizon once again, if not this year, then definitely within the next few, youngish forward pack, good halves, all the right ingredients.

All in all I think it was great to watch two clubs go at it who have not been involved in a great sh*t fight in recent seasons and due to playing within the rules will never be backed into a corner like the mexicans in purple.

The Roosters showed enough today to raise a thought that if we play them again then it might be a split result, for the bounce of a ball and bit more mongrel they might have had a few more points before half time, if they could have done that then anything is possible.

On the Saints, its never pretty lately, but by god it works.
If Saints can contain a quality outfit like the roosters, I don't think the sharks pose much of a threat next week.
In any case 6 from the first 10 games is a good sign, if Saints can take 8 from their first 10 then they will simply need to jog into the 8, with origin coming up and the probability they may provide a few players to that campaign then every win now is important.

BigNormProvan

Juniors
Cooper and Beau Scott were very impressive for me. No one put in an average performance really.

That cat with the double-bunger name Hargraves or whatever - gee he fancies himself as a bit of a tough guy, but all he was doing was cunning little cheapshots. The dangerous flop into Sowards back/side was dirt cheap. I did see Beau Scott introduce himself to him at one point, in his naturally abrassive manner.

Any injuries???

Big Norm

St. Benny

Juniors
the funny thing with hargraves was when scott showed him who's boss he didn't do any more cheap shots. the whole team played good, cooper had his best game for a while and scott is a machine nothing gets past that bloke

SilverSteeler

Juniors
Cooper and Beau Scott were very impressive for me. No one put in an average performance really.

That cat with the double-bunger name Hargraves or whatever - gee he fancies himself as a bit of a tough guy, but all he was doing was cunning little cheapshots. The dangerous flop into Sowards back/side was dirt cheap. I did see Beau Scott introduce himself to him at one point, in his naturally abrassive manner.

Any injuries???

Big Norm

Yeah it was good to see Beau Scott give Warea-Hargreaves a go. He's pretty cocky for a guy whos only played under 10 first grade games. Being a Kiwi myself though he has a lot of potential but would be good to see him focus on his game rather tham trying to be a tough guy enforcer.

God-King Dean

Immortal
IMO it was very much a case of Saints being more experienced at that kind of game. Roosters were in it in the first half ; they were winning at half time. But I suspect they were pretty buggered in the 2nd.

That was their first finals style this year. I think they'll be better for it.

Not much to add for the Dragons, just the same clinical style.

It's no wonder Soward seems quite when he has Boyd carving up. Boyd & Carney have been the best fullbacks this year, butBoyd is just ahead in terms of consistency. <3 Beau Scott. Loved Merrin's try.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Another thing: Weyman really needs to watch his forearms/elbows when he takes a hit-up. Yesterday he hit a Roosters player around the neck region. He'll be f**ked if he gets done for it again.

mightydragon

Juniors

Any injuries???

Big Norm
He is a grub in the same mould as Matai, Watmough, Gallen and O'Donnell.

MattYg1

Bench
Hargraves is a total grub... real rebel without a cause...

See the way he looked at Morris after his try? what a mug... I hope somebody knocks him on his arse like omealy did gibbs...

Rocket

Juniors
Long time reader first time poster.

Managed to get up to the game on Sunday with my 6yo son and boy was it great. The atmosphere was electric sitting just near the Dragon Army.

I've been following the Dragons since I was a wee lad in the 70s even though I grew up in Brisbane (a good friend of the family is related to Rod Reddy).

Moved to Canberra nearly 15 years ago but usually only get to one or two games a year. Made a promise to get to more games this year and have now been to four already (including the Titans while on holidays, good to see we still have lots of support in Qld).

Definitely won't be my last ANZAC day game and as returned soldier it was definitely special to combine the two events.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Good on you Rocket. The ANZAC game is special. My fourth straight game this year after I moved up from down your way.

The boys are looking good. Playing within themselves. Chooks will be better for the run too & are on the rise again.

Can't wait til Saturday....