What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What a game!!!

ledzep

Bench
fabulous game
when senior was running away to score i was jumping up and down in the lounge room
hopefully the final is like that too
:clap: :clap: :clap:

gaterooze

Bench
Yeah, the entire match was pretty damn intense. Awesome game. Really looking forward to the final!

Also interested to see what GB do next week, and whether the Kiwis will fire up to regain some pride after their great start to the series.

Man, what a success this Tri-nations has been! Fantastic competition.

DIEHARD

----
I was on the edge of my seat for the entire game. I couldn't take it.

I don't know how I'm going to be able to stand the intensity of the Final. :?

JasonE

Bench
Very intense, very tough game.
If i was Brian Noble I would rest as many players as possible next week.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Very good game but certian players for Australia were pathetic.

Still GB deserved their win

they wouldn't have won if Bennet didn't take Hindmarsh off soo much tho

Hindy goes off GB score it happened each time.

Rambo

Juniors
Best players for Aus

Minichiello
Wing

The rest did nothing. The pack was poor tonight.
What is Carroll doing in the squad? Players like Sing / Berrigan / Tonga have been average at best in the whole series.

Hill is good in the NRl but is a bit one dimensional. Just a sidestep and inside ball is all he is capable of like he shown against Brisbane but his passing game is poor and kicking average.
Why Orford isn't in the squad defies logic.

Bazal

Post Whore
Rambo....you have to admit, Hindmarsh and Firzgibbon were good, but were used poorly. They both played less than 50 or 60 mins. O'Meley was good and Webcke had his moments. Orford should be there for sure, Kimmorley :arrow:

dont forget civonoceva was invisible

the fact o'meley didnt get a gig until this match is a scandal

it's too much to expect that bennett will get rid of the political selections, bennett is a political selection himself!

salivor

First Grade
How good is Brian Carney? Along with Rooney he's probably the best winger in the game at the moment and playing out of his skin for a guy that is not even close to being 100% fit.

Bazal

Post Whore
Carney has been IMO the best winger around for a few years. He's Irish too :D

miccle

Bench
"Webcke had his moments"

36 tackles, 16 hitups. Outstanding display, and still the games premier front rower.

Well done GB though - I don't think it was a case of anyone playing very poorly from the Roos. We were just outsmarted and outmuscled by a very hot British side who really surprised me. It was so good to see such an intense and close game actually go the way of the Brits. I'm aussie through and through, but this will be good for the game. The final will be a sell-out (sooooo easily) and I can't wait for it.

The Observer

Staff member
Phillips said:
Webcke is past his use by date :arrow:

Erm, Webcke was the best Kangaroo by a country mile. 36 tackles, 137m in attack, 2nd only to Sculthorpe. Wing and Noddy were good too.

Rambo

Juniors
The Observer said:
Phillips said:
Webcke is past his use by date :arrow:

Erm, Webcke was the best Kangaroo by a country mile. 36 tackles, 137m in attack, 2nd only to Sculthorpe. Wing and Noddy were good too.

Yes, only problem is Aus need another prop to support him. Civoniceva was anonymous and Ryles has been average when he's played so I would start O'Meley for sure. I would drop Civoniceva and just use Mason as the interchange.

On the Hill thing, I would start him at lock. To be he is a bit one dimensional and maybe best suited to that position. Main reason being that would be an improvement over Carroll surely?
I would get rid of Kimmorley, get Gower & Lockyer back in (if fit), replace Berrigan with Tate.

The Observer

Staff member
You make a fair call about starting O'Meley alongside Webcke. If you have Mason on the bench, you'd need another prop too, so either Ryles or Civoniceva would have to be there. Agree with Hill at lock too - IMO Carroll could be OK at right centre, unfortunately Berrigan hasn't done much and Tate is overrated.

However if we bring Gower back we might as well give GB the trophy. :oops:

Latest posts