What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What a win, What a game, 80 minutes of excitement

d-a-z-z-a

Juniors
How good was that effort, best 80mins of the season. Anyone else agree the Raiders we know they can be are back?? Lets party hard into the night:)

GO YOU GOOD THINGS!!!!!

Macko8

Juniors
yes wat a game aye....best 80 min i seen for quite a while in the NRL.And the raiders geeeez wat happened 2nite...completely diff side from last weekends clash...smithys back yew,played well as usual.

legend

Coach
Kris Kahler is the anti-christ!

Great win but we made it much harder on ourselves and hopefully a few players will start returning at the crucial time of year. We need to get a good win over the Panthers next weekend.

sydraider

First Grade
Yeah we did give ourselves some palpatations.

Its a good boost for morale beating the cowboys, hopefully we will own penrith next week!

eelaholic

First Grade
good win
did i see thurston pack down in your front row just b4 half time??
he was trying to stop you guys from forming the scrum??

Macko8

Juniors
very dissapointing to see Josh Miller leave the field in wat....the first few minutes.....anyone got any news about his condition????

Macko8

Juniors
very dissapointing to see Josh Miller leave the field in the first few minutes.looked like he sustained a knock to the head(not another one)....anyone got any news about his condition????

MIA

Juniors
eelaholic said:
good win
did i see thurston pack down in your front row just b4 half time??
he was trying to stop you guys from forming the scrum??

Saw that as well, just before he got a talking to by the ref.

hrundi99

First Grade
MIA said:
Saw that as well, just before he got a talking to by the ref.

Should have received 5 in the bin for a professional foul.

He can be a little sh*t when he wants to...

SOULS 04

Juniors
was great to see a win after what seems forever

great to have smith back he was the difference

We still only scored 1 point in the second half. That's alarming. And the amount of pressure we placed on ourselves was attrocious. Hopefully we can put in for the full 80 next week....and yeah, Jason Smith is the real coach of our team.

Chachi

Bench
Yeah, good to finally have a win against a top 4 contender. Smitty again proved why he's in the top few players in the league - making those around him look 100% better and giving the team the confidence and control they've lacked. We HAVE to sign him for next year RIGHT NOW!! Goal line defence was great, however I'd suggest the win had a lot to do with the weather and playing against a team whose backs probably played their poorest game of the year.

Losing Miller early was tragic and it proved the policy that we used to have in the early 90's of not letting a concussed player back up the following week.

jed

First Grade
Chachi said:
Losing Miller early was tragic and it proved the policy that we used to have in the early 90's of not letting a concussed player back up the following week.

Having only 3 men on the bench for essentially the whole game, the boys also played with a hell of a lot more heart than they have recently. Against Souths they coped well with a lack of fresh reserves, but last week they went to pieces. Last night they did a good job, and clawed out a well earned win.

Mal Meninga

Bench
Top top performance. Smith was brilliant, the forwards took the ball up hard and without fear. Withers looked good but I suppose playing outside of Smith makes it alot easier. Signing Lomu looks like a golden move too.

ausraider

Juniors
Chachi said:
Yeah, good to finally have a win against a top 4 contender. Smitty again proved why he's in the top few players in the league - making those around him look 100% better and giving the team the confidence and control they've lacked. We HAVE to sign him for next year RIGHT NOW!! Goal line defence was great, however I'd suggest the win had a lot to do with the weather and playing against a team whose backs probably played their poorest game of the year.

I thought Fox reported last night that it is a formality in Smith signing for one more season.Smith said his manager is finalising the deal and it should be completed soon.But Anyway how valueble is the vetran.i thought we were gone after 10 minutes.The boys showed lot of courage and determination to win this one and we really needed it bad.We could blame weather or bad game by the backs but credits due to our mob.We have been in the same situation for last few weeks with lack of enthusiasm and bad game from some senior players and I thought the weather played big part in our loss to Broncos but thats the way it goes but I am delighted.thought we had a slightest of chance but when Smith was named that grew and suddenly we were with a real chance.He proved it.:D

d-a-z-z-a

Juniors
In the Telegraph it either said Smith signed or he was just about to. Also think we didnt score many points in the second half, a, because it was such a wet game, b, the Raiders seem to switch off when in the lead..hence we can never demolish teams and c, Elliot took Smith off to have a break knowing if we needed the points he'd bring him back on.