What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are Saints Chances Of Keeping Barrett after 2004

Petebix

Juniors
Age said:
Is it actually confirmed that Fittler will be hanging up his boots at the end of 2004? What if he decides to play another season? If so, then Baz won't have a real go there...
If Fittler decides to go around another season after 2004 he'll need a wheelchair

Petebix

Juniors
Acka said:
All I have to say is if Barrett does join the Roosters he will not win a premiership but be part of a premiership winning side.

Also a note you hear of Steve Waugh talking abot the baggy green cap as a special power. Well he was there during the bad days of the mid 1980's and he didn't turn his back on the cap, In my opinion the mighty Red V of St George is rugby Leagues version of the baggy green and if Barrett were to turn his back on it, a lot of people would think he is a coward.
What was ol Steve supposed to do? Go play for England??? :?

sfuzzwaa

Juniors
Dragon Fanatic said:
The chances on keeping baz for 2004 and beyond will depend on how we go in 2004. But if he goes to easts the Dragon Army will give it to him something shocking. And dont forget if he does leave Timmo can play 5/8.

Good thinking Dragon Fanatic. NOT! Let's give it to him, that'd be great. Then, should he leave, he'll be fired up to give it to us just like Tallis has on many occasions.

Give the guy a break. Let's support him instead of sending him negative messages like yours and maybe he'll want to stay at the Dragons, instead of leaving.

georgef3895

Benny

First Grade
If i had to put up with a whole year of Timmins permantly at 5/8 i reckon you'd have to sign me up to a home- it'd send me insane!

ozzie

Bench
the most overrated player besides Anasta in the comp - what a joke - you keep him...

Stranger

Coach
Barret isnt that over-rated he just needs a good halfback to cover

But i agree get rid of him he does 1 good thing every 10 games and does 10 bad things

Dragon Fanatic

Juniors
sfuzzwaa said:
Dragon Fanatic said:
The chances on keeping baz for 2004 and beyond will depend on how we go in 2004. But if he goes to easts the Dragon Army will give it to him something shocking. And dont forget if he does leave Timmo can play 5/8.

Good thinking Dragon Fanatic. NOT! Let's give it to him, that'd be great. Then, should he leave, he'll be fired up to give it to us just like Tallis has on many occasions.

Give the guy a break. Let's support him instead of sending him negative messages like yours and maybe he'll want to stay at the Dragons, instead of leaving.

georgef3895
Are you an idiot. I never said that you tool, i said if Barret leaves he will cop it. I hope he doesnt but i dont think saints will miss him that much.

sfuzzwaa

Juniors
Dragon Fanatic said:
sfuzzwaa said:
Dragon Fanatic said:

Are you an idiot. I never said that you tool, i said if Barret leaves he will cop it. I hope he doesnt but i dont think saints will miss him that much.

Have a look at your earlier post Dragon Fanatic you TOOL. Think about your response before you start writing and put your foot in it.

What else did you mean when you said, "... if he goes to easts the Dragon Army will give it to him something shocking." What's this mean you galoot?

If the Dragons aren't going to miss him that much, who are they going to replace him with? Timmins is an unbelievable player and can fill in at five eighth should he be required but what would happen if he suffers a serious injury?

We wouldn't miss Barret :D that much would we now? We didn't miss him much during 2003 did we?

Also, ozzie we'll do our best to keep him as long as you're mob leave him alone. Do you think they will be able to resist? I think not fluffy chooks.

georgef3895

Jabs

Juniors
Our number one priority should be Riddell not Barrett. Riddell plays with alot of passion and lifts the team.
I will be pissed off to see Riddell squeezed out of the team cause of an overpaid player.
Barrett on the other hand only cares about his Origin and Kangaroos jersey (I dare someone to prove me wrong) and has been playing crap since 2000.
He either takes a pay cut or he leaves, its simple.

This is just my opinion.

DJ1

Juniors
You may as well throw the cash at Barrett, cause Riddell may be going back home to the dogs to fill the gap of Hughes and Perry. That's a big gap to fill but I'm sure "Pig" could fill it.

Macca

Coach
If Fittler retires, say goodbye to Barrett.

1 year is a long time in RL, so anything can happen. The Roosters will sign whoever they want, even if they don't need him. They'll probably still finish 2nd or lower too.

Anonymous

Juniors
For whats its worth, here's a Telegraph article which someone posted on Jubilee Ave forum:

Barrett's lifetime pledge
By ADAM HAWSE
November 9, 2003
ST GEORGE Illawarra captain Trent Barrett has given the strongest hint yet that he will see out his career as a Dragon.
One of the biggest names to come off contract next year, alongside Andrew Johns, Gorden Tallis and Brad Fittler, Barrett's future has been the subject of speculation for months.
The most popular theory is Barrett will leave the Dragons to replace Fittler at the Sydney Roosters in his quest to win an elusive premiership.
But with his manager Wayne Beavis and Dragons chief executive Peter Doust to meet tomorrow and step up negotiations, Barrett is confident he does not have to leave the joint venture to win a grand final.
He said he was embarrassed by a recent article that stated he would only play at a club with the best players.
"I obviously want to win a comp and I think with the players we've got here we can," said Barrett. "It would be nice to have everyone healthy (and available) and the way things are going it looks like we're all going to be right.
"All things going well I see no reason why I can't stay here for a long time."
In another clue that he will stay in the red and white, Barrett said he would settle his future as soon as possible and not wait until next season was underway.
If he wanted to join a rival club, without permission from the Dragons, Barrett would have to wait until July 1 to negotiate.
"You don't like these things hanging over your head for too long," said Barrett, just short of his 26th birthday.
"You like to know what's going on. We'll just have to wait and see how they (Beavis and Doust) go.
"The next contract is going to be my last one, so it's not a decision to be made lightly."

Roosterphin

Juniors
McSharkie said:
If Fittler retires, say goodbye to Barrett.

1 year is a long time in RL, so anything can happen. The Roosters will sign whoever they want, even if they don't need him. They'll probably still finish 2nd or lower too.

Yeah good on ya

Latest posts