What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are some good kicking strategies?

Do you like this game?

• I hate it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It could of been better

• I like it

• I liked it alot, good first version, bring on next version

• I loved it, its my favorite game, bring on next version

• Total voters

Paullyboy

Coach
yeh, i normally just run on the last though. Last 2 or 3 times i got a good bomb into the in goal my guy got held up and it was a turnover so i gave the kicking away.

Jack_The_Viking

Juniors
Best thing to do on last is get it to your fastest winger, the centre and wigner should be very far back on the opposition team so it's up to you whether or not you run or grubber it. But when I use Aaron Moule for Widnes, using the grubber to get past the last man works a treat.

ReplicatedGod

Juniors
problem sometimes with kicking to wingers is that wingers arent where they're supposed to be... best kick probably getting to wingers and centres is using drop kick. works great

anyone perfected 40/20s, if so can you help me or give me some advice on kicking a good 40/20

NZtiger

Juniors
For 40/20s I just usually aim it high and towards the corner flag...seems to work 70% of the time :) .....with a good kicker that is. :roll:

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Once i was actually just trying to find the line i was about 40m out went to find the line around the 20m mark and i nearly actually pulled off a brillaint try i chipped across and my centre was flying down the sideline unmarked with a clear path to the line and he just missed it before it went into touch so now i'm attempting to pull that off.

bulldog

Bench
After some practice I've found 40/20's to be a little too easy , even Big Willie has managed to kick some for me . Usually I try on the fourth and try to kick from abut 10-15mtrs. in from touch . Pass to the flat footed player (hold pass down from dummy half) and press kick just before/as soon as the ball is recieved and aim for sideline about 10 mtrs. out from opponents line , try and release kick quickly esp. in God mode as they can rush your kicker pretty easily . Also from penalties ( this is very very easy with some practice) , find touch a couple of metres short of your 40mtr line and kick the ball straight from the tap , yeehaa scrum feed 20,15 or even 10 metres out . Have Fun . Merry Xmas everyone .

HBG

Juniors
I have a couple of times fudged a drop kick, and managed to kick across the goalline. Got close.

Jack_The_Viking

Juniors
I managed a 40-20 with Shane Webcke so that says how easy it becomes with practice. :lol: Make sure you do one on fourth tackle though as you have almost zero chance of getting them on last tackle.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Oh i wouldn't say their impossible on the 5th, that's really only when i've attempted them and i've pulled off a handfull.

Yeah if i'm going nowhere up until the 3rd tackle i kick on the 4th aswell.

sharkboy

Juniors
I've got quite a few, I've tried a 2 with phill baily and twice the ball has landed right in the ccorner of the ingoal and the winger has scored :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

Changa

Juniors
How do you score a try off a kick in your own goal?!!Ive blown so many tries sliding over the in-goal line after pressing square...its an absolute rort, it has to be changed in the next version-have a normal putdown as well as a slide depending on the situation...

TripleM

Juniors
I don't know why everyone has a problem with diving over the dead ball line.. I've never had that happen, I press score well before the line and dive over easy..