What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

what are the chances of us getting the wooden spoon this year?

Akkerz

Juniors
Hope its a good old fashioned one like my Ma's got. I still rememer those cracks across the back of my legs.

Blair

Coach
Hope its a good old fashioned one like my Ma's got. I still rememer those cracks across the back of my legs.

My mum was more indiscriminate with the spoon, when she did connect it was often with bone - elbows, knuckles...

She baked yummy stuff though, just had to watch those fingers in the icing bowl.

Last edited:

MKEB...

Staff member
I got the jug cord...mum made great hot chocolate though. lol

Seriously though the spoon is looking more and more realistic.

ozbash

Referee
I got the jug cord...mum made great hot chocolate though. lol

Seriously though the spoon is looking more and more realistic.

Same and it bloody well hurt. give me the wooden spoon anytime.

Sue Bradford would have had my dear old mum burnt at the stake !

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Couple of weeks ago I would've said that our F/A would save us from any spoon calculations. Even though we've got a 100 point gap on Eels/Panthers still, that's no sure thing anymore. We should still be Ok though.

Warriors
vs Penrith (H)
vs Dragons (A)
vs Raiders (H)

Penrith
vs Raiders (today)
vs Warriors (A)
vs Titans (H)
vs Broncos (A)

Eels
vs Titans (A)
vs Rabbits (A)
vs Dragons (H)

Roosters
vs Canberra (A)
vs Tigers (H)
vs Bulldogs (A)

Micistm

Bench
Would it be the end of the world to get the spoon? Might give the whole club the kick up the arse it needs to get its act together.
We've fought for it a couple of times haven't we, and avoided it. Maybe actually getting it might make some heads roll, and a fresh start. And hard to accept, but all the good work is gone in the space of a season. The up side is with the right approach and people it shouldn't be hard to rebuild it

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Would it be the end of the world to get the spoon? Might give the whole club the kick up the arse it needs to get its act together.
We've fought for it a couple of times haven't we, and avoided it. Maybe actually getting it might make some heads roll, and a fresh start. And hard to accept, but all the good work is gone in the space of a season. The up side is with the right approach and people it shouldn't be hard to rebuild it

Wouldn't be the worst thing at all. From a fan POV though it's always nice when opposition fans get into us we're able to say "at least we've never gotten the spoon."

Blair

Coach
Wouldn't be the worst thing at all. From a fan POV though it's always nice when opposition fans get into us we're able to say "at least we've never gotten the spoon."

Since our arrival in 1995 (and no, for any lurkers from other clubs, I don't use this as the 'start' of Sydney rugby league) has any team achieved the GF one year and then the spoon the next? These aren't the records we want to achieve.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Since our arrival in 1995 (and no, for any lurkers from other clubs, I don't use this as the 'start' of Sydney rugby league) has any team achieved the GF one year and then the spoon the next? These aren't the records we want to achieve.

Technically Melbourne has, but no I can't think of anyone doing it on performance only.

A few teams have made the GF and then flopped the following year, pretty sure none of them got the spoon though.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
The Roosters went close last year, did they not?

The odds of us getting the spoon are astronomical. It's not going to happen, but hopefully the fact we're having the conversation leads to change.

Aragorn

First Grade
With the Panthers and Roosters tasting sweet victory this weekend, only the Eels are denying us an award this season!!!

Maybe Kearney will help us next year?

Latest posts