What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are the Clubs Requests for the Draw?

nqboy

First Grade
Can everyone list their clubs' likely requests for the draw? Things like Roosters v Dragons on Anzac Day, byes during Origin and so on.

Langers

Juniors
I can't really say but I presume Manly will be asking for plenty of their home games to be on a Sunday arvo. Hopefully we will get rd1 at Brookie for once as well.

Kurt Angle

First Grade
Broncos will request that any player wearing a Maroon and Yellow Jersey be exempt from judiciary decisions.

t-ba

Post Whore
Kurt Angle said:
Broncos will request that any player wearing a Maroon and Yellow Jersey be exempt from judiciary decisions.

:lol: .

Manly will request for Sunday Arvo games. Brookie has terrible lighting, and doesn't exist in a marginal seat, so we won't be promised an extra grandstand and some lights by a snivelling weasel...

Raider_69

Post Whore
Canberra request that their home games dont conflict on the same weekend as the brumbies, just to keep our crowds at a semi respectable level, thats about it thou

OVP

Coach
thuganomics said:
Knights Broncos Roosters usually have their byes around Origin Time.

unfortunately i cant see the knights getting their two byes in origin this year, especially since you've lost Kennedy and Tahu. I would say the Bulldogs will join the Broncos and Roosters at getting their two byes then.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Knights Broncos Roosters usually have their byes around Origin Time.

Knights may get 1 bye if they are lucky around Origin time! I mean if all players are fit the only players in Origin are Johns and Buderus :roll: . Other clubs that may be in contention for byes around taht time are the Dragons, Cowboys, and definately the Bulldogs! :clap:

Grantwhy

Juniors
Aren't the Byes determined on how many players a Club provided to Origin in the previous season? Teams that provided the most tend to get one or both Byes during Origin.

As for Draw requests.

For the Cowboys it will be for as many 7.30 Saturday night home games as possible (they really do make a difference in the ability of people to travel from outside of Townsville/Thuringowa [some as far away as Mount Isa, Mackay and all those that travel down from Cairns and even further north.).

Personally, I'd also ask for LESS home games in the first 5/6 weeks - please drop it down to only 3 this time :roll:.

Close to 30 degress with +80% humidity is not a great time to be playing 4-5 home games in the first 6-7 weeks ..... and heaven help the players if a day game is scheduled :shock:.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
It's more of a venue request for Canterbury -
F*CK THE SHOWGROUND OFF!!!!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Bulldogs to win 10 games straight then only lose two more before claiming the Telstra Premiership.

Oh wait, that's 2004, and it's not a request. Hold on, I'll get the crystal ball out...

Yep, same deal in 05 :D

is it possible to have an even spread of home and away matches instead of a stretch being lumped at some point in the season? so you don't get something like 4 of first 6 games away or 6 of last 8 home.

Latest posts