What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are the words to the team song...?

eddo

Juniors
Do the Knights have a team song?

Does anyone know the words?

I love the Hoodoo Gurus "Right Time" as a rev up. :)
Does anyone have a song (borrowed or otherwise) that fits the bill.

eddo

Juniors
Thanks Keeney.
I checked it out...
"Go Hard, Go knights" was already so deep in my conscienceness, I didn't even know I knew it. #-o

It works best if you do the Garry Harley voice over at the end....
"40,000 Novocastrians love it!!!!!" :lol:

the_knights_rule

First Grade
the knights also have a "victory" song, i dont know what to call it lol but anyways it goes....
we win we win we win
we got the pionts again today we never give in
the forwards on teh boil
the backs they are a dream
we are the greatest football team that you will ever see HEY!

im fairly sure thats it

CycloneSteve

Juniors
Gidsgal said:
eddo said:
Gidsgal said:
its not Garry Harley, its Ray Warren who says 40,000 Novocastrians love it

Tah GG.
Thanks for putting me straight. :oops:

Not a problem mate!!! :)

I think you'll find to thats it probably closer to 30,000 Novocastrians love it.....(not meaning to be picky) but when have we ever had 40,000 at Energy Australia Stadium??

northey

First Grade
Go Hard, Go Knights

Playin' hard, playin' tough
Just plain good is not good enough
We're gonna show you what league's all about
If there's a lesson to be learned we're handing it out

This game is our game
This town is our town
Turn the heat up and listen to the crowd
Go hard, Go Knights, Go proud

This game is our game
This town is our town
Go hard, go Knights, go proud

northey

First Grade
Go Hard, Go Knights

Playin' hard, playin' tough
Just plain good is not good enough
We're gonna show you what league's all about
If there's a lesson to be learned we're handing it out

This game is our game
This town is our town
Go hard, Go Knights, Go proud

This game is our game
This town is our town
Go hard, go Knights, go proud

It's More Than a Game

It's more than a game
Sometimes it's faith against reason
For reasons you don't try to explain

It's more than a game
It's a spirit that flows through the Hunter
A passion that fuels the flame

It's more than a game
It's the pride in our name
When you feel the crowd roar
Your heart knows for sure that it's more

Than a game that we love
'Cos when push comes to shove
It's a part of the soul of our town
We live the Knights story
Of courage and glory

(SOLO)

It's more than a game
It's the pride in our name
When you feel the crowd roar
Your heart knows for sure, that

It's more than a game
It's the joy and the pain
Win lose or draw
It's all this and
More than a game.

eddo

Juniors
[quote="CycloneSteve
I think you'll find to thats it probably closer to 30,000 Novocastrians love it.....(not meaning to be picky) but when have we ever had 40,000 at Energy Australia Stadium??[/quote]

I always thought it was a reference to the 2001 GF v Parra.

40,000 novocastrians is probably a bit light on. :lol:

**** Hey that's my 100th post *****

CycloneSteve

Juniors
eddo said:
[quote="CycloneSteve
I think you'll find to thats it probably closer to 30,000 Novocastrians love it.....(not meaning to be picky) but when have we ever had 40,000 at Energy Australia Stadium??

I always thought it was a reference to the 2001 GF v Parra.

40,000 novocastrians is probably a bit light on. :lol:

**** Hey that's my 100th post *****[/quote]

Oops I lie again, it was actually 20,000 not 30,000
No it wasnt a reference to the GF actually a game the Channel 9 did I think back in 1998. Newcastle vs Bulldogs and we gave em an absolute towelling. That particular comment came after an awesome try by the Knights scored by Robbie O'Davis after Matthew Johns made the bust. Lets see if I can remember the full dialogue......

"Matthew, making the bust, O'Davis is on his outside, ohhh have a look at em, they've got their hands up all over the park!!!" Then shortly after "20,000 Novocastrians love it!!"

When I originally heard the Go Hard, Go Knights song the audio of that try was inserted into the song during the guitar solo bit.....sounded awesome. If anyone has that version please let me know because due to a computer virus some years ago I lost it. Cheers.

Gidsgal

Juniors
I think that was said in the 1997 GF and I listened to my cd today and i am wrong, he does actually say 20,000 novocastrians love it

CycloneSteve

Juniors
Gidsgal said:
I think that was said in the 1997 GF and I listened to my cd today and i am wrong, he does actually say 20,000 novocastrians love it

Ummmm.....did you actually read my previous post???? I have already said where it came from. It was a game in 1998 im sure of it.

Gidsgal

Juniors
CycloneSteve said:
Gidsgal said:

Ummmm.....did you actually read my previous post???? I have already said where it came from. It was a game in 1998 im sure of it.

yeah, and did u read what i just posted, i am sure it came from the 1997 gf!!

Simplycheeky

Juniors
I am sorry to put a spanner in the works....but I am positive that the "and 20 thousand novocastrians love it" was a game at EAS against the Bronco's. circa 1995? I am sure about the Bronco's part but just cant remember the exact year!

Matt23

Staff member
It was definatly a game against the Dogs, Matty Johns made a break from a scrum win, and put Robbie O? over under the posts, the crowd was going nuts, Rabs then said "ah they've got there hands up all over the park" 20000 novocastrians love it :clap:

Simplycheeky

Juniors
CycloneSteve said:
Oops I lie again, it was actually 20,000 not 30,000
No it wasnt a reference to the GF actually a game the Channel 9 did I think back in 1998. Newcastle vs Bulldogs and we gave em an absolute towelling. That particular comment came after an awesome try by the Knights scored by Robbie O'Davis after Matthew Johns made the bust. Lets see if I can remember the full dialogue......

"Matthew, making the bust, O'Davis is on his outside, ohhh have a look at em, they've got their hands up all over the park!!!" Then shortly after "20,000 Novocastrians love it!!"
You could be right Steve but wasn't that game you are refering to the game where Terry Lamb got a high shot early in the game and either left the field or hardly was capable of passing the ball for the rest of the game?? I remember Jamie Ainscough played in that game....it was defintely 1995...cause the Dogs went on to win the comp that year after the Knight's had toweled them up 52-0.....or something similar!
I am still sure the 20 thousand comment was from a Bronco's game that same year!

the_knights_rule

First Grade
:lol: :lol: seems as though everyone remembers rabs saying it in a different game. i remember him saying it but havent got a clue when it was!oh well

Gidsgal

Juniors
ahh, i don't care about that anymore, we all know he said it, i don't think there is a any need to get into an argument about when he said it!!