What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are we hoping to see in week 7?

possm

Coach
Peter Doust to step down after admitting it was his call and an error in judgement concerning the present coaching structure. He is replaced by the great Mark Coyne whom will begin the new era and restructure, starting with a real head coach.

Best news I have heard for a long time however, I would rather see Coyne as football manager. We need a good, smart CEO from the commercial world to look after all things but football.

possm

Coach
Doust won't step aside and all those other idiots on the board will not force him out they are all yes men stuck in the past with absolute no vision.

What does it take reduced membership, drop in merchandise sales or fans just saying bugger it meaning with no bums on seats, taking away games from your traditional homes reeks of financial strain.

On the field 2 years of zero improvement with a coach out of his depth and players looking less and less interested every year how hard is it for him to see everyone in the league community does.

The real kicker is Gaz a Dragon through and through basically telling everyone the club will not make the 8 and he is dead right they won't the way things are going.

What does it take? Well if there was a buyer for our footy club, someone who had heaps of cash and wanted to cash in on the Club's current situation. The price of our Club would have to be a bargin at the moment and so a sale at the right price could leave a buyer plenty of room to spend up big to put the right people in charge.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Mark Coyne or Brian Johnstone or John Borrgetti from Virgin, I don't care who as long as there is change at the top. I know it won't happen but I and many others need hope.

saints4me

Juniors
FMD!
Last night we played a team that will probably win this years GF. No doubt. They've been together for the best part of 2 years. A team that has more expectation on them than any other team in the last 30 years and some of you blokes are calling for Price's head before Round 1? FFS!
Even based on last nights game our 2014 side is a 30 point better side than our 2013 side. Give 'em a go! We'll win far more than we lose when they click.
Which team would have beaten the bunnies last night??

getsmarty

Immortal
FMD!
Last night we played a team that will probably win this years GF. No doubt. They've been together for the best part of 2 years. A team that has more expectation on them than any other team in the last 30 years and some of you blokes are calling for Price's head before Round 1? FFS!
Even based on last nights game our 2014 side is a 30 point better side than our 2013 side. Give 'em a go! We'll win far more than we lose when they click.

You are kidding yourself....If Souths didn't take their best players off in the 2nd half we would not have broken into double figures and they would more than likely scored more than 50 and that's without Reynolds and Keary. Its a rerun of the last 2 years...if you are happy with mediocrity then so be it. Most people are sick of the laughing stock we have become.
We have heard the same comments during last years pre season...NOTHINGS CHANGED.

dragonreddy

Juniors
FMD!

Do you mean 30 points better in aggregate for the season cause if you mean per game i doubt we will score 30 in any game this season.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
The day Price leaves or gets sacked will be like a grand final win for alot of Dragons supporters including me. This is poor, poor management.

Well said Slippery....after looking at the Roosters and The Warriors on the weekend (Broncos aside) Its not hard to work out just how far we are behind some of these sides....at least in years gone by (not the last few) we competed for the 80 mins win or lose.....now I'm afraid we are dead set embarrassing....I know winning creates a healthy environment on the field, but we look disinterested and flat and its been that way for quite a while now....

BrissyRedV

Bench
Well said Slippery....after looking at the Roosters and The Warriors on the weekend (Broncos aside) Its not hard to work out just how far we are behind some of these sides....at least in years gone by (not the last few) we competed for the 80 mins win or lose.....now I'm afraid we are dead set embarrassing....I know winning creates a healthy environment on the field, but we look disinterested and flat and its been that way for quite a while now....

It won't be just Price that needs to go. Doust and co. have basically driven the club into the ground. We can blame Price for the teams performance but Doust and his cronies are the ones to blame for the poor recruitment and poor Prices poor support staff. Look at Noyce and the Roosters. They gave the team to Trent Robinson and gave him Jason Taylor as an assistant. They also recruited SBW, Jennings and Maloney.

Price got dicked. We just simply need a cleanout. If we have no improvement over the first few weeks I say sack the lot and throw a shit load of money at a decent coach and support act to go with it

FMD!

FMD you are living in dream world. Whatever you're on please go easy. Wouldn't want you to sleep through the season.

emack

Juniors
You are kidding yourself....If Souths didn't take their best players off in the 2nd half we would not have broken into double figures and they would more than likely scored more than 50 and that's without Reynolds and Keary. Its a rerun of the last 2 years...if you are happy with mediocrity then so be it. Most people are sick of the laughing stock we have become.
We have heard the same comments during last years pre season...NOTHINGS CHANGED.
right on !!!!!!!!!!!

Minh

First Grade
I remember last year we lost the CS and he also said it's just a trial, whatta loser mentality.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
FMD!

Don't let me confuse you.........I was calling for Prices head before Round 1 .........the year was 2013........nothing's changed

I remember last year we lost the CS and he also said it's just a trial, whatta loser mentality.

But didn't we at least make a game of it last year...competitive even?

We were down by 38-4 with half an hour to go?

I want us to be competitive after week 7. And if we are not, then for the board to have the courage to change things.

Minh

First Grade
But didn't we at least make a game of it last year...competitive even?

We were down by 38-4 with half an hour to go?

I want us to be competitive after week 7. And if we are not, then for the board to have the courage to change things.

We didn't get belted last year, and to think we have a better roster this year too with motivated halves.