What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What CD Are You Listening to #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
EddieVedder-IntoTheWildcover.jpg

Evil_Mush

Juniors
I've had Kiwi band Decortica's three albums (A New Aesthetic, Love Hotel, 11811) on high rotation recently.

Had never heard of them until seeing them live at a NYE festival in Wellington 2011/12, and have loved them since (and seen them two more times live, very energetic). They're kinda like a NZ version of Karnivool, for a point of reference.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
My hats off to you, mate!
Just out of curiousity what is your favorite Hank song?

I'm pretty new to him mate, I just enjoy his style. PBS did a broadcast of his radio show from 1949 a while back and it was fabulous, and I was hooked.

Bondi Cigars - 32 Premium Quality Cuts.

LESStar58

Referee
I'm pretty new to him mate, I just enjoy his style. PBS did a broadcast of his radio show from 1949 a while back and it was fabulous, and I was hooked.

Bondi Cigars - 32 Premium Quality Cuts.

Mate, if you can get a copy watch Honky Tonk Blues which is a doco on his life. I was on the verge of tears when Ray Price started talking about what happened when Hank's first wife left him. f**king haunting. And all the while my favorite ever Hank song, Weary Blues From Waiting, was playing in the background. Those songs of his kick my arse and make me cry like no other artist can!

Outside of Merle Haggard and Slim Duaty, Hank is my favorite country singer.

Have you heard Hank III? He is the spitting image of his grandfather and sounds like him too! Not a massive fan of Hank Jnr. Aka Boscepus though.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Yeah cheers, I will keep an eye out for it.

It is very obvious Slim was heavily influenced by Williams. I can listen to Slim for hours and hours, and the truth is no other country artist comes close in my eyes, mainly because of his incredible ability to get into the psyche of Australian life away from the big cities.

The American stuff is good no doubt, but at the end of the day Aussie stories will always be more appealing to me.

Also, I prefer Transcendental Blues over El Corazon. Steve Earle is swiftly becoming my favourite at the moment, just can't get enough of him. Have you heard his latest - The Low Highway?

LESStar58

Referee
Yeah cheers, I will keep an eye out for it.

It is very obvious Slim was heavily influenced by Williams. I can listen to Slim for hours and hours, and the truth is no other country artist comes close in my eyes, mainly because of his incredible ability to get into the psyche of Australian life away from the big cities.

The American stuff is good no doubt, but at the end of the day Aussie stories will always be more appealing to me.

Also, I prefer Transcendental Blues over El Corazon. Steve Earle is swiftly becoming my favourite at the moment, just can't get enough of him. Have you heard his latest - The Low Highway?

See.. I disagree. I liken Hank Snr. To Tex Morton more than Slim.

Slim to me is more the polar opposite to Johnny Cash. Slim sang more about country life and Cash more about contemporary society but in terms of the years their careers really took off as well as their longevity makes me liken Cash to Slim

Not heard that new Earle although my favorite of his will always be The Mountain with The Del Mccoury. Band. At the same time I love I Still Carry You Around of El Corazon. Reminds of a lassie from Belfast I met a few years back.

Status
Not open for further replies.