What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What convinced me about today.

Stagger eel

Staff member
We're a top 8 side, the only thing that would kill us at this stage are injuries and brain explosions and we're not imune to both.

If we keep the same lot on the park this year with possible improvements in some areas we'll be there , at the very least bottom half of the 8.

Avenger

Immortal
You are spot on eela. All we need is Fa'aso to step up and we are set.

I reckon we are missing Chad Robinson in defence. Riddell would have also been good today.

Glenn

First Grade
Had the chance to win the game, but some poor execution put paid to that.
Cut out the poor execution and the to 4-6 is a very real possibility IMHO.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Is it just me or i thought we played better today than we have all year, after today's performance i think we are a top 8 side. Our forwards more than held there own against the dogs pack. Just some silly mistakes cost us.

COACH STERLING

Juniors
I thought we actually out muscled the dogs pack, something that hasn't been acheived for years. At times they lacked that extra bit of composure that's required to put teams to the sword. Pushing passes and trying to score of every tackle killed us.

Avenger

Immortal
What convinced me today ?

Tim Smith and Brett Finch are not the combination we are looking for.

Avenger

Immortal
and another thing

Hodkinson is already a better halfback then Maloney and just as good in goal kicking.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Avenger said:
and another thing

Hodkinson is already a better halfback then Maloney and just as good in goal kicking.

I thought Trent was quiet today..;-)

jayjayselmes

Juniors
what i noitced about today is that Feleti Mateo needs to have a good hard think about his defence. 2 poor tackles resulted in 2 tries to the dogs today and he likes to throw arms at tackles ?????

jayjayselmes

Juniors
Avenger said:
Mateo had his most quiet game today.

to be honest Matero was poor in all areas.

Missed tackle to cause patten to run 60 metres.
Missed tackles to cause try.

Maybe a week back in prems might wake him up

jayjayselmes

Juniors
Avenger said:
6. Green

7. Tim Smith

later in the year I would even tempt to go for:

6. Keating

7. Tim Smith

maybe, but we are seeing Bett finch running the ball and busting the line. Finch even busted big bobcat ryan and reni matua.

We need a ball runnng half back. I agree Tm Smith had a good kicking game but the rest was sh*t. Intercepts, floating poor passes and passing the ball to no one on our line in the first 5 mins WTF????

Avenger

Immortal
jayjay

unfortunately Timmy is a bit like that. Brilliant one minute. a heartattack the next.

He will learn, he is just obsessed with the big play. .

Kris Keating is the best running half in our club. He is the best I have seen in a long long time.

jayjayselmes

Juniors
Avenger said:
jayjay

unfortunately Timmy is a bit like that. Brilliant one minute. a heartattack the next.

He will learn, he is just obsessed with the big play. .

Kris Keating is the best running half in our club. He is the best I have seen in a long long time.

to be honest these young blokes must really be nipping at the heels of finch and smith at the moment. Keating and hodkinson have been great.

Avenger

Immortal
jayjayselmes said:
to be honest these young blokes must really be nipping at the heels of finch and smith at the moment. Keating and Hodkinson have been great.

and have played together since they were 14

fish eel

Immortal
if we are to be a top 8 side this year, and today definately reinforced in my mind we should be aiming for the top half of the top 8, I dont think our half combination should become a revolving door for rookies....as much as we all want to see them play

eel4life

Juniors
Today we were up until the 73rd Minute against a team that can beat any team in the NRL.

We made some stupid mistakes and it cost us at the end of the game, if we play to our potential and 2 of our better players did not play today in Robinson and Piggy we lacked some of that experience and hard running and defence that these guys provide.

We will make the 8 and to tell you the truth id rather loose to the dogs today and beat them later on in the year we have a whole heap of improvement left in us.

What convinced me about today are we have the talent and if we keep the core of our players on the field for longer periods we will be fine.

MoiMoi was great today against a pack that is the bench mark of the league. Cannings is getting better with each game and Finch is showing signs of life, today was his best game and i hope it gives him some confidence for next week.

Latest posts