What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do news readers do when they aren't reading the news??

Hallatia

Referee
they research, but the newsreaders, depending on what time they are reading the news generally come in a fair bit later than the other reporters. They also sit in front of their computers practicing their voices and faces for the newscast, they practice for about an hour before they go on air

bartman

Immortal
Apparently Ian Ross commutes to Sydney from Brisbane just to read the news? No wonder he's retiring...

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Wonder what the biggest newsreader meltdown ever was. I witnessed one on xmas day on ABC tv early that morning about 14 years ago. The poor guy just froze and some fella who I think was the director or something took over.

I have wondered what the new weather girl on Ch9 does with her pointy stick when she's not reading the weather.

IanG

Coach
Also is it true that they may look like they're wearing a suit but from the waist down they wear jeans or shorts?

JoeD

First Grade
In NZ some have other media jobs like being on the radio, doing voiceovers ,etc.

simmo1

First Grade
Also is it true that they may look like they're wearing a suit but from the waist down they wear jeans or shorts?

I've seen once or twice the guys on FSN stand up and they're wearing jeans, rather than suit pants.

Hallatia

Referee
jeans, pretty much all of them. Some of the reporters wear full suits but that is because they go out and their whole bodies get in shot in their peices to camera. I never saw anyone in the newsroom wearing shorts (maybe cameramen =|), but I was there in Winter

Latest posts