What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you like about kurt gidley

Jobdog

Live Update Team
I'm one of many who constantly bags him out. But in saying that, there is no doubt that he is a sensation with the kick chase. There is no doubt that he's probably one of our best defenders as well. Always the first one down there, and 98% of the time, he makes the tackle. Enthusiasm is also another of his strong points, and his short kicking game is ok. He would make a very good centre, because he has a bit of pace, which is what we're lacking a bit of out wide.

Boxer

Juniors
I also have bagged him for his play, but I do agree with just about all the previous posts.
He's a great player ,but not a playMAKER.
In the near future when Midley slows up or retires I would love to see Kidley & Tigh together in the centres. I think they would make a great combination.

Master Vippo

Juniors
i really like Kidley. Great kick chase-duh. Great defense. I also think he has a good running game, a good short kicking game and could be a great player if used better. Either way i like him.

aqua_duck

Coach
His short kicking game is OK, but nothing to go on about, also he's got abit of pace but he's no Tahu

antonius

Coach
My only beef with him is the position he continues to be selected at, so really my beef is with Hagan. I think he's one of the clubs best defenders, he has a great kick chase, he is enthusiastic, runs the ball well, and is a very good footballer, he just isn't being used to the best of his ability IMO.

~bedsy~

First Grade
I agree with everything that has been said about him. I'm a big fan of Kurt's and I really hope he stays with Newcastle. But as a centre or Lock.
I haven't liked to get into these debates, because I felt that he would improve, but it has been yrs now and his still not a playmaker, so I have to bite my tounge and accept that what you all have been saying is correct.

Big Tim

First Grade
northey said:
haha if he wants to be a better quarterback, 3m isn't good enough lol

All QB's have to start somewhere... If he cant throw a short curl how is he gonna throw a hail mary????

In all seriousness, we should all write personal letters to the Knights Att: Brian Smith, to plead with him to play Kurt in the centres.

Ben

Bench
He had one objective - find a way over the tryline.
Supercoach has basically drilled that right out of him and turned him into a 'team' player - meaning he doesn't look to score, but tries to set up other players mostly.
Well said Roopy. That reminds me of when he was playing in season 2004. He would run the ball at least one time every set and his runs were the most crucial part of our team. He would hit the at speed and just use his strength or agility to get him over the line. He was very good at this when Joey wasn't there. Now, Kidley rarely hits the line and is just trying to throw the long cut-out balls that he is hopeless at. I seriously wouldn't mind Kidley playing five-eigth over Mullen if Hages decides to give Kidley the responsibility of being a support player/ball runner instead of a playmaker.

Master Vippo

Juniors
Thats pretty right. When Johns plays with other non ball playing 5/8s like Timmins for NSW and Lowrie, They just run, Johns can do the rest. Kidley could do that really well.

Pretty much just agreeing with everyone else here... Kidley has a heart like Phar Lap, a great kick chase, and an appetite for tackling that is close to unmatched across the NRL, let alone at the Knights. However, he will never be considered a top player while he is playing in the number 6.

It worries me slightly (and should worry Parramatta fans a whole lot more!) that we can all see this, and yet one M.Hagan can't.

Latest posts