What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you want to see from F7's in 2013?

Monk

Referee
Isn't that just what happens now anyway, but without the "coach" title? A captain isn't expected to play every club game for they're team. I've played games before where I haven't been in the lineup but I still name the team and sub players in and out.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Essentially; that's correct Monk. I guess I was just classing the position itself.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
I think getting F7s spread around the forums and LU in general more is one that needs to go forward without a doubt. The more exposure it gets the better for all of us and not just with player numbers and teams but for the recognition of those of us who love what we do, as a real job or just for the fun of it. Let's make it that writing about your favourite team or league in general as an enjoyment and not a shore that we do because a team needs numbers.

As for writing about other sports, I'm a mass advocator for that. Look sure there is lots of write about rugby league but there are times when we can only circulate the same things now and again. We are all fans of different sports too. I just think maybe instead of just writing about another sport in general we can find a way to weave league and another sport together. It's not an easy thing but I've attempted it a couple of times as with two pieces I did, one was the 'Lockout' article and another, forget the name comparing sports stars from the NHL and League.

Maybe things like how league differs to Union, what is it's appeal...stuff like that.

To respond:

Bubbles
Yes, it's a definite. A seasoned referee will join me in refereeing the Willow Cup final, Forum Sevens final, ANZAC, Origin and the International final. All results counted and tallied together.

CobyDelaney
Agreed, very open to having a non-League exhibition game, but this is a League contest.

Drew-Sta
I would actually change the idea of Coach to make that person sort of responsible for double checking articles. It's always a bonus when your article scores well, and when someone like Willow or Bubbles would check my work, those bonus points would always be earned by them.

It would also help newcomers blend into the competition.

byrne_rovelli_fan82
When done well, those articles score well. They must have League content, that's the major key.