What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Ever Happened To....

Ozzwald

Juniors
HI ya'll,

My name is Cam. I am new to this board but have been a Dragons fan since before I can remember. I am talking back in the days of the late 70's. I am 32 now. I remember very well the great St. George teams of the 70's & 80's (& 90's for that matter). I bleed red & white.

I have an idea for a new thread that will in essence be part history, part trivia & part curiosity satisfier. There have been many great players come & go through the St. George ranks over the years & I often wonder what became of these guys. I'll start with a guy I loved back in '85, "The Bomb Diffuser" as the media came to call him, GLENN BURGESS. What ever happened to him? Shoot, he was one of, if not THE most awesome fullbacks under pressure under the high ball. I'm so glad the League changed that stupid goal-line drop-out rule after Canterbury's 7-6 win in the '85 Grand Final. That's the only reason they won that damn game...a loop hole in the rule. I mean honestly....who's gonna be able to repel a billion sets of 6 in a row? HATE THE DOGS!!!! LOL!!!

Anyways, I'll look forward to your replies!

GO YOU MIGHTY DRAGONS!!!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Welcome aboard Ozzwald.
Not sure what became of Glenn Burgess. Will try and find out though.
Cheers.

Latest posts