What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What footy team does Gus Gould support??

JayFS

Juniors
Ok ive asked this question in other NRL forums, and after getting heaps of replies, im still none the wiser. I have a hunch that he supports the Dragons.....

Yea i know he starts with the Penrith then moved to the Blue bages then Canterbury. And someone told me he finished off at Souths. then coached Penrith, then Canterbury finishing off with Roosters.

So who does he support. Every bigtime supporter has one team.

gregstar

Referee
as a youngster he was a saints supporter.
he was a good player at newtown & the dogs, got a really bad eye injury which virtually hampered him into retirement.

murraymob

Coach
the roosters .He still has a say in what happens there.He still likes Penrith as well but is not a fan of Elliott judging by his call of Penrith last game

I'd say he's still a Roosters man, although he does love watching us play (mainly due to the fact one of his mates coaches us).

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
He was a saints fan as a kid, and has of course had a hand in Roosters, Dogs and Penrith.

But the reality is that Gus supports people, not teams.

He loves Freddy, and will support him. He likes Brian Smith, and hates the way that the Telegraph treats him. And then he has other coaches who he respects and those he doesn't (eg he continually criticised Parra while Hagan was there because he has never liked the ill-disciplined nonsense that goes on at Hagan's clubs).

OVP

Coach
the roosters .He still has a say in what happens there.He still likes Penrith as well but is not a fan of Elliott judging by his call of Penrith last game

lol totally wrong. He hasnt had any say at the Roosters since him and Stuart had the bust-up after the 2004 GF. Stuart demanded he wanted to be free of Gus for good in 2005 and won. Contrary to popular belief, he has had nothing to do with the Roosters since and I doubt will ever again (which is unfortunate in my opinion).

He is a Dragons fan.

nomarg

Are you living under a rock- He is a Roosters man through and through- him and politis are always pissing in each others pockets. That is why he hates souths so much...

nomarg

lol totally wrong. He hasnt had any say at the Roosters since him and Stuart had the bust-up after the 2004 GF. Stuart demanded he wanted to be free of Gus for good in 2005 and won. Contrary to popular belief, he has had nothing to do with the Roosters since and I doubt will ever again (which is unfortunate in my opinion).

He is a Dragons fan.

Nope

Nothing official but still a roosters fan- politis had a hand in organizing the luncheon woth Ricky where they kissed and hugged..

I'd say dragons would be his "2nd team"...

bartman

Immortal
On a more serious note, why wouldn't Gould be a Panthers or Eels "fan" deep down?

Penrith was his first club as a player, one he went on to captain. And he grew up in the Parramatta region, playing junior footy with Wenty.

For most people, those factors would be enough to decide which team you follow for life...

DubaiSaint

Juniors
On a more serious note, why wouldn't Gould be a Panthers or Eels "fan" deep down?

Penrith was his first club as a player, one he went on to captain. And he grew up in the Parramatta region, playing junior footy with Wenty.

For most people, those factors would be enough to decide which team you follow for life...

I grew up in the Parramatta area (Greystanes) and I hate Parramatta. Always have.

I then bought my first house in the lower Blue Mountains and lived there for 12yrs and never developed a soft spot for Penrith either.

Hence, Gould may not be a Parra fan but I too have heard him talk about his childhood going to Kogarah and supporting the Dragons.

natheel

Coach

well didnt gould grow up in merrylands???

was in merrylands for first time since i moved from greystanes down sth coast and sh*t has that mall changed.....lol thought id throw that in haha

bartman

Immortal
I grew up in the Parramatta area (Greystanes) and I hate Parramatta. Always have.

I then bought my first house in the lower Blue Mountains and lived there for 12yrs and never developed a soft spot for Penrith either.

Hence, Gould may not be a Parra fan but I too have heard him talk about his childhood going to Kogarah and supporting the Dragons.
Fair enough. He may have had strong family ties to a club like the Dragons, and so may have been one of those guys who didn't become a fan of his local (and underperforming) teams.

well didnt gould grow up in merrylands???

was in merrylands for first time since i moved from greystanes down sth coast and sh*t has that mall changed.....lol thought id throw that in haha
Yep, it's getting bigger and bigger :crazy:

easily roosters. even after his fight with ricky in 04, he was going nuts about the possibility of the roosters making the finals in 05 at the end of the season. I remember him imploring all roosters fans to get out to the ground and get behind the roosters in an attempt to grab 8th in the last round.

Latest posts