What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What happend to the $8Million that the NRL Gave?

izzo

Juniors
Isnt it true that the $8 Million giving to the Western Suburbs Magpies and The Balmain Tigers to merge by the NRL was spent on Board Members and other useless non Team Related things?.

hence why West are going to leave the deal in 2005.

Anonymous

Juniors
It went to the same place the extra 30 000 souths "fans" went after the charity shield.

See, everyone can take cheaps hots mate, but it's decidedly unproductive.

tigger

Juniors
The $8,000,000 was put into the pokies out a Campbelltown so the Leagues Club could pay its share of the JV funding!!!!

Magpie Nick

Juniors
izzo said:
Isnt it true that the $8 Million giving to the Western Suburbs Magpies and The Balmain Tigers to merge by the NRL was spent on Board Members and other useless non Team Related things?.

I heard we signed till 2008.

izzo

Juniors
Magpie Nick said:
izzo said:

I heard we signed till 2008.

you get an Extra three years to put up with the tigers

King Tigerman

Juniors
& were pleased about that too

also tugger as always you make sure you keep your nose in where its not welcome do you know how much wests campbelltown made at the bar saturday night seeing you know everything else about them

MAFIA

Juniors
hey izzo why dont you run off back to your little squat in redfern and let us worry about our team, because from what i have seen so far the team who ha thrown money away is your club, the pride of the league my arse
look in your own back yard 1st buddy before you come in here and bag either wests tigers,western suburbs ,or balmain !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im mafia go and get stuffed

I actually thought it was a fair question.

Wasn't the $8 mil supposed to bring a premiership to the merged team? And that was the reason for merging?

So, what did you get for your $8 mill? From where I sit, bugger all! Oh yeah, you did lose half the Balmain and Wests fans. Gee good deal!

How about answering the question rather than slagging off the poster?

vlad

juniors
"Henson Park Hornets" wrote

well that's no surprise since you asked it .

Wasn't the $8 mil supposed to bring a premiership to the merged team? And that was the reason for merging?

can you make up your mind ? In the first post in this thread you wrote that the $8M ... "was spent on Board Members and other useless non Team Related things"... which of course was total shyte.

So, what did you get for your $8 mill?

sadly poor management/recruitment flushed most of it. But I don't think they were the first or will be the last to do that .

From where I sit, bugger all! Oh yeah, you did lose half the Balmain and Wests fans. Gee good deal!

well at least it's better than what the bears fans got .

how about you just fekk off ! ;-)

izzo

Juniors
MAFIA said:
hey izzo why dont you run off back to your little squat in redfern and let us worry about our team, because from what i have seen so far the team who ha thrown money away is your club, the pride of the league my arse
look in your own back yard 1st buddy before you come in here and bag either wests tigers,western suburbs ,or balmain !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im mafia go and get stuffed

Better than a Fibro hole in Westyville and your little Waterside Apartments at Balmain

vlad said:
"Henson Park Hornets" wrote

well that's no surprise since you asked it .

can you make up your mind ? In the first post in this thread you wrote that the $8M ... "was spent on Board Members and other useless non Team Related things"... which of course was total shyte.

So, what did you get for your $8 mill?

sadly poor management/recruitment flushed most of it. But I don't think they were the first or will be the last to do that .

From where I sit, bugger all! Oh yeah, you did lose half the Balmain and Wests fans. Gee good deal!

well at least it's better than what the bears fans got .

how about you just fekk off ! ;-)

Vlad,
Now you seem like a decent kinda bloke, but how about looking at who actually posted the message... It's someone called "Izzo", I am Henson Park Hornets... Is there something that you are not picking up on?? Two different people....

How about finding out what happend to your $8mill then?

And yes the Bears got screwed, but they had no choice.... Balmain made the magical 14 teams.... That's the difference.