What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Happened to France RL??

TinghaExpress

Juniors
On this forum i hear a lot of great to see France RL getting out of the shit they were in. Could some1 tell me wat happened in France. They were one of RLs best nations and use to beat Australia all the time. Wat happened. Did the game stop or something??Id like to no the full story if any1 knows?/

Dogboy

Juniors
When France was under the Vichy regime during WW2, some senior officials of the French rugby union were mates with some big shots in the regime, and managed to have the 13 man game banned. All of FFR13's property and assets were confiscated. They've never really recovered.

The whole nasty episode was the subject of a government inquiry a couple of years ago, which recognised the evil deeds, but alas has not led to any compensation for the FFR13.

That's how I understand it anyway. There's an group called Treize Actif (13 Active) in France which has been fighting for rugby league's rights for the last few years. Here's a link with a bit of the history. It's a bit out of date, but it's the best I could find while I'm meant to be doing my work!

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/devilledidier/XIIIACTIF/english.htm

PARRA_FAN

Coach
France has beaten Australia in 4 series victorys, and hasnt beaten Australia since 1978. They were good back then.

I hope for the good of game they come back from all the sh*tt they were in that shouldntve happened.

I hope we see close scorelines and crowds of over 10,000 in France.

If Australia doesnt beat France by more than 20 points then we've definatley seen an improvement to 1994.f

carlnz

Bench
A 4 point loss to the Kiwis
8,000 people turn out to the test
School Boys toured Australia with good results
Team in the Super League in 06
Test against Australia

Great year for France Rugby League