What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Happened To Michael Witt?

Parraren

Bench
I think all this talk about Michael being unhappy and having a whinge because he's in reserves is rubbish. He seems like the sort of kid who's got a sensible head on his shoulders and the fact that Smith put so much faith in him last year and he was offerred a very long term contract would indicate to him very clearly that the club has big plans ahead for him. He's got no reason to be concerned or be unhappy. I've never heard of a player of his age complaining about being in reserves, I mean he's hardly played any Premier League football at all. He went virtually straight from Jersey Flegg to First Grade. He may be carrying a slight injury and hence the reason for his (alleged) less than spectacular form. He's just gotta work hard and he'll find himself back in First Grade in no time.

The Colonel

Immortal
Sappo said:
Hi,
All this talk about Witt is rubbish. I've never posted on this forum before and the only reason i am today is that after hearing all the made-up assumptions some journo's are prepared to write i felt it only fair to let the fan's know the truth. I am not an eel's fan, i have alot of freinds in footy and the media so i know how all this work's. With the loss on Saturday and Lyon's leaving the club it has given certain people a earlier than expected reason to get stuck into your club. Their main targets are Brian and Dennis, two people alot of media types don't like and love to critise.1) In today's press there are reports about Witt. These are totally false. Witt has been told there are some deficancy's in his game which he need's to work on and he is doing that work. He will play Firsts again, regulary, but with the help of JT he is getting a few thing's right. 2) The so called "crisis" meeting of player's with Dennis was a planned set of meetings between Management and Players to iron out any issues the players may have. These will continue troughout the year. Seem's like the club is being pro-active in communicating with their players, something they should be commended for. 3) An E-mail was sent to every news organisation in Sydney by some Dingbat claiming to be a player making all sorts of allergations regarding a player revolt and club disharmony. I have read this and if you could read it you to would realise this is all aload of crap.I don't know why any newspaper would wish to air this other than to discredit the club. Don't beleive everything you read in the paper or hear on T.V. It is hard these days to decifier what's true and whats not as so many people have hidden agendas. I have nothing at all to do with the club. I make my decisions on what is true or false by talking to different peolpe and then forming my own opinion. Enjoy your footy this year and good luck.

Who it is I don't know however he maes a fair deal of sense.

Parraren

Bench
Don't beleive everything you read in the paper or hear on T.V. It is hard these days to decifier what's true and whats not as so many people have hidden agendas.

Good advice.

Parraren

Bench
What I really hate are people that make up rumours. There is a Knights fan in the NRL forum stating that the whole Witt asking for a release story is true and that he is unhappy at the Eels. Hard to know what the truth is and what's not. Could just be trying to stir up rumours to get him over to the Knights after Joey retires... :?:

heity84

Juniors
I grew up with michael and know his family. Brian smith actually asked him to play under 20's not reserves before michael put his foot down. He did not play any grade last week or even go to the game. He has a right to be upset after signing a deal with the presumption of NRL being a big reason to stay. He had other offers and stayed for that opportunity which has been taken away for no apparent reason.

Chipmunk

Coach
heity84 said:
I grew up with michael and know his family. Brian smith actually asked him to play under 20's not reserves before michael put his foot down. He did not play any grade last week or even go to the game. He has a right to be upset after signing a deal with the presumption of NRL being a big reason to stay. He had other offers and stayed for that opportunity which has been taken away for no apparent reason.

Well if he didnt play any grade last week some imposter must have played under his name in jumper number 7 in Premier League

Nikki

Coach
Yes he did infact play last week in the #7 in divy. I know, coz I was there. He played in the #14 this week but mainly slotted in at the hooker position (????)

heity84

Juniors
I never saw any team lineups but was talking to his uncle and he said that he stayed at home. Sorry.

eelman03

Juniors
heity84 said:

gee.....you must know him real well............cause he 'played' both rounds in prem lge. Round 1 about 45 minutes and 55 minutes last Sat against St George.

Certaintly didnt look upset on the weekend. Was very upbeat and when he came on scored a try while playing hooker then moved to half for about 35 min when Thorman went off. Tried hard, but at this stage his kicking game is still a little shabby. He will come good with time.

Glenn

First Grade
Nothing like bringing posts back from the dead, at least he has turned around his form since the first post :lol:

Freak

Juniors
Do people believe this was the game plan all along??

EG: Keep Wittout of trouble until the business end of the season!

I'm not sure but lets hope he kills it and really shows Smithy he was wrong to leave him out of 1st grade at the start of the season!!

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I wish him luck in the remaining games. He is a player with a great attitude to the game. I still feel he isn't as talented as Chris Thorman but he certainly is trying hard and that is all you can ask of the kid.

Sweet Angel

Juniors
well he was a grade under me so i dont have school photos but my brother does.. i can tell u that he useto get the shits in junior league when he got sent off he useto spit out his mouth guard and kick it on the ground i should know i useto watch him every weekend playing... ohh and also get the shits when he useto miss a goal ( but all players r like that)... :lol: