What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What happened to the crowds

Tidus_Raider

Bench
Suncorp stadium is 52 500 capacity. Telstra dome is 55 000 capacity. The Australia game at suncorp got a crowd of just over 41 000. This by the way was refered to as near capacity by Bruce Wilson in the Telegraph this morning.

The NZ-SA game, arguably the biggest game of the tournament so far, got just over 40 000 people.

This begs the question where have the crowds gone?

eastsrule

Bench
Maybe cos you can't afford it?

League games are like $8 for children, compared with the few hundred for Union. YET Union gets bigger attendances when you guys think RL is sooooo much better.

incredible_holc

Juniors
easts whatever!!!!

$8 at suburban grounds

but at SOO and the GF the prices are up there in that range.

How much does it cost to get into RU club games or do they pay you to go?

thomo

Juniors
incredible_holc said:
easts whatever!!!!

$8 at suburban grounds

but at SOO and the GF the prices are up there in that range.

How much does it cost to get into RU club games or do they pay you to go?
Southern Districts games are $12 (or $6 concession/student) - or if you ever look at the Shop-a-docket coupons you can get 2 in for the price of 1. :D

incredible_holc

Juniors
lol good old southern districts, used to play golf on the swamp they call a course next to it.

the whole place is a hole!!!! it smells

dimitri

First Grade
lol good old southern districts, used to play golf on the swamp they call a course next to it.

the whole place is a hole!!!! it smells

haha

are you describing the course or the whole of the shire

thomo

Juniors
incredible_holc said:
no just the foreshaw park area. The shires a great place.
This is true - although Toyota Park stinks too (especially in the car park).

ali

Bench
Lookss less than 30000 in Melb tonight. I think the ARU must have seriously over priced the tickets. Maybe they were expecting to attract people to these games on the basis of exciting Rugby Union earlier in the tournament.

Moffo

Referee
another poor crowd in the first game tonight, lucky to be 35,000

surely the prices should be lower, especially in a city that doesn't give a rats about rugby

Thoughts?

Moffo

ball boy

Bench
i cant see why they are playing these games in Melbourne that dosent have a ra ra side but they arent playing them in Canberra that does have a Union side and allways gets good crowds

Mango

Juniors
All the tickets were sold. I wanted to go but was advised no tickets left. If the people that bought tickets were unable to attend then that's not the RUGBY UNION"S fault. Bloody annoyed that we had to watch from afar when we wanted a weekend in Melbourne watching Heavens Game.

iggy plop

First Grade
Mango said:
All the tickets were sold. I wanted to go but was advised no tickets left. If the people that bought tickets were unable to attend then that's not the RUGBY UNION"S fault. Bloody annoyed that we had to watch from afar when we wanted a weekend in Melbourne watching Heavens Game.

No. All the tickets weren't sold. This FACT was well reported by the media in the lead-up.

Poor crowds. Thank god for the Irish supporters who will watch their side play marbles if it means singing a few songs and sinking piss for a couple of hours.

AuckMel

Bench
Mango said:
All the tickets were sold. I wanted to go but was advised no tickets left. If the people that bought tickets were unable to attend then that's not the RUGBY UNION"S fault.

You can't squirm your way out of this one. As iggy said, there was plenty of advertising about how many tickets were left unsold.

14,000 odd for the AB game, and by the looks of things, about 20,000 for the France v Ireland game.

The games should never have been held in Melbourne, during Cup week.

Tidus_Raider

Bench
eastsrule said:
Maybe cos you can't afford it?

League games are like $8 for children, compared with the few hundred for Union. YET Union gets bigger attendances when you guys think RL is sooooo much better.

Sorry I can afford it. It's just that paying $10 dollars to put myself to sleep is a bit expensive when I can use my bed for free.

Latest posts