What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What has actually happened to Jake Trbojevic?

mave

Coach
This!

His attack from day one has been very much on the overrated side of things. On the other side of the ball, when you consider all of the qualities of defence, he is the best defender in rugby league.

Which is great, until Lord V'Landys decides that he wants to channel his inner big bash, mid season...and makes good defensive plays essentially redundant.

T-Boon

Coach
Which is great, until Lord V'Landys decides that he wants to channel his inner big bash, mid season...and makes good defensive plays essentially redundant.

Rubbish, no team is going to win anything without being a great defensive team compaired to the average team.
What PVL wants to get away from is hearing players admit they spend 80% of their practice working on defense (wrestling). I hear that a lot.
If clubs are only spending 20% of their time working on attack it explains why attacks are so crap, boring and dependent on decoys. That is a disaster for the game.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think it has a lot to do with the players around him. Having a good hooker to help roll the forwards along makes a world of difference. Korisau and Fainu could do that, give him time and then combining with his brother he looked near unstoppable.
Also taking his carries after AFB rather than the current crop of plodders

Canard

Immortal
Rubbish, no team is going to win anything without being a great defensive team compaired to the average team.
What PVL wants to get away from is hearing players admit they spend 80% of their practice working on defense (wrestling). I hear that a lot.
If clubs are only spending 20% of their time working on attack it explains why attacks are so crap, boring and dependent on decoys. That is a disaster for the game.

I mean this is just complete and utter bullshit.

It's as poor as your understanding of the physics related to a forward pass

Corner_Post

Juniors
I think in the St George vs Manly game a commentator (think it may have been Gus) noting that teams have kind of figured him out eg. he will try and hit the defensive line and turn his back and look a pass etc. Kind or reminds me of Trent Merrin - he was a really good and NSW player at one stage and then teams figured him out (even as a St George fan you would be able to guess when he was going to spin/step, etc.).

some11

Referee
He's always been a bit of a one-trick pony - inside ball to a support player (usually his brother)

Not a shock a forward looks bad in a bad team. He's not athletic so he can't really pull a rabbit out of a hat either.

reanimate

Bench
Plenty of people in the past have compared the Turbo brothers to the Stewart brothers, but Jake is nowhere near as inventive or skilled with the ball as Glenn Stewart was.

Last edited:

aqua_duck

Coach
Still a good player but he's become abit of a battering ram which isn't really the type of player he is because manly have one of the worst prop rotations in the NRL. Defensively he's still right up there

MugaB

Coach
Needs Tom playing by the looks of it...
I heard the younger 3rd brother is better than both, i just know freddy will still pick jurbo for origin, even if its for a bench spot, regardless of his form

Latest posts