What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What has happened to the Peach?

He used to have great hands.
He used to set up trys.
He used to do great one on one tackles. (I reckon Carl Webb is a bully)
He used to run with confidence.
He used to be able to have opposition players in two minds.
He used to smile.

Will it be a year that we say he used to?

Jono Russell

Bench
only a few weeks back he was doing all of that and most of the shark fans were praising him and saying how good his form is again this year. when we start getting back on top of things you will see the peach smile again and be himself.

meh
he didnt play well. but he didnt have that un interested look about him thats dogged him in previous seasons. and anyway when the team gets beaten what is there to smile about. particularly by that score. would you be smiling if youd just been thrashed by 50
his defence was poor yes, but it shouldnt b up to him to make defencive tackles in the line.

gavin_miller

Juniors
I hate the fact that a lot of the tries scored this year against us, and for example last night,on replays etc we see Peach lunging towards or over the opposition tryscorer and it give the naked impression that he is at fault because he couldn't stop them...he in many cases, is the last line of defence...or coming across the goal line etc...
You can't polish a turd...
He looked fine in attack for a lot of last night...
Same goes with BK...sure his confidence is down...the world can see that...but the guy is a champion.And I was one of the poor saps who hated him when he arrived because of lil Presto.To that end of the 'dont slit your wrists,sharks fans' thoughts, i agree.these guys...peach/bk/stevens are all class

wattsy32

Juniors
I thought peach was one of the best attacking for us on saturday,he looked to break some tackles and find some gaps, something what a five eight should be doing. Defensively was not too bad compared to some lack luster performances that have already been mentioned. He is such a better player when dykes kimmorley are both firing and he can play his own game,from dummy half and where ever he wants to be, when players are out he naturally has more pressure on him and doesn't play to his potential

Booyah

Bench
Peach looked dangerous at times on the weekend, but he really needs Dykes and Noddy to be firing for him to be as effective as we want.

We really missed Dykes on the weekend, he's a great foil for Peach to work off.

carcharias

Immortal
That webb is a f**kin monster and Peach is not the first or will he be the last to miss him in that situation.
Webb has done it in S.O.O and against the Bulldogs.
Peach did everything right , he went up quick to try to nullify
him building up too much speed , he went low.
Webb was just too powerful.At least Peach got into a position to attempt a tackle. More than we can say for Bird.
I thought he ran the ball back hard and the intercept was when
the horse had bolted.
He's better than most.

Frenzy.

Immortal
carcharias said:
That webb is a f**kin monster and Peach is not the first or will he be the last to miss him in that situation.
Webb has done it in S.O.O and against the Bulldogs.
Peach did everything right , he went up quick to try to nullify
him building up too much speed , he went low.
Webb was just too powerful.At least Peach got into a position to attempt a tackle. More than we can say for Bird.
I thought he ran the ball back hard and the intercept was when
the horse had bolted.
He's better than most.

Or Simmons who once again stood off and pretended to chase Webb.

carinashark

First Grade
Jeez Saab u idiot ! He is playing near his all time best now that he is fit. Good post Gav Millar
Carinashark

Alan Shore

First Grade
It's well known that DS has an agenda to ostracise Peachey out of the club all the way to Dubbo, and his "arguments" make about as much sense as the Covell fan club putting forward the "case" for Covell to be Test captain.

Don't re-sign Peachey for 2006 and we won't be Premeirship-capable for another decade.

Craigshark

First Grade
What has Peachey done to some people on this forum? Seriously, the guy couldn't be playing much better.. He was the only one on the weekend that looked like creating a try, which he almost did with Vagana, and his defence was mostly pretty good.. Ofcourse you are going to see alot more of him when the front line can't tackle..

Alan Shore

First Grade
Fine words craigshark, DS just doesn't quite understand how things interlock on the footy field. Or he's Simmons/Covell's manager.

PJ

First Grade
lol at reefy for blaming simmons for webbs try

I was thinking the same thing. It was what 30 m out, Simmons is out marking his player, sees Webb who is at full pelt whilst Simmons is close enough to standing still and he is meant to turn and run him down in that short a space.

pogo

Juniors
come on fellas dont get excited , i have been told backflips labrador has been off colour this week!!

warren

Juniors
its tough to be the fullback in a team where no-one wants to tackle. though peach handled the job well, he was one of our best players on saturday night. he made double the tackles his meant to make, really what did you expect dragon slayer?