What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WHAT IF

CronullaSaint

Juniors
There are many teams that finished around or below our MIGHTY SAINTS & have coaches that we would consider to be better than ours & playing rosters that would be similar or better. Souths, Roosters, Titans.etc.
What if McGregor isn't as shit as we think he is & he is able to turn it around !!!
Very hopeful thinking & realistically I hope we had JD as coach instead of Mary, but what if he isn't as bad as the results have shown so far & thing do turn around.
The 2017 season has yet to start so we can hope.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
I'd love to agree with that line of thinking mate, but unfortunately it really is bad coaching. Look at our attacking structures, the way that the players have been taught to play. Nobody knows what they're doing, everyone is stagnant and unsure. The players aren't working for each other in defence, there's no fight. Most of all, the players aren't playing to the best of their ability. For example, I've watched two games Widdop has played for England in this current 4 nations series and those two games alone were better than anything i've seen him in do since he arrived at our club.
Mary isn't inspiring the players, there's no purpose behind our drive as a club right now.
Believe me i'm as hopeful and optimistic as I can be, but I truly believe McGregor is so amateur it's untrue. You don't get to coach a First Grade side after your first year of coaching a reserve grade team, it doesn't work like that.

Maybe in a few years time with experience overseas or assisting a successful club, sure, he could be something. But right now he's not cutting it.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
It was telling when our halves said that McGregor had said to them to execute their own
moves as his were not working. This was after the season was only a couple of months old. McGregor had a preseason of four months to
refine attacking and defensive moves and to pick the best fullback, wingers and centres, halves and hooker but instead he stuffed around most of the year and in the last eight games of the season only won 25% of the games when it would be expected that at least a 50%
winning ratio was possible.

Mary has not got enough experience to coach at this level, and he is not the only problem in our club. We need a total staff clean out starting with Peter doust, untill this happens I don't see any improvements for next year unless Paul McGregor pulls a miracle out of his ass.

There are many teams that finished around or below our MIGHTY SAINTS & have coaches that we would consider to be better than ours & playing rosters that would be similar or better. Souths, Roosters, Titans.etc.
What if McGregor isn't as shit as we think he is & he is able to turn it around !!!
Very hopeful thinking & realistically I hope we had JD as coach instead of Mary, but what if he isn't as bad as the results have shown so far & thing do turn around.

If I provided the response your post genuinely deserves, I'd be accused of arrogance and abusive conduct. So I'll restrict it to this - logic fail.

Straight Shooter

CronullaSaint

Juniors
OV it's Friday afternoon and I'm only dreaming. Unfortunately you are correct, there is no logic to what I originally posted. Only hope.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
And I thought it was safe to go back in the water.

The Doc

Juniors
OV it's Friday afternoon and I'm only dreaming. Unfortunately you are correct, there is no logic to what I originally posted. Only hope.
CronullaSaint why are you explaining urself? And no he isnt correct!
What you posted is 100% true, and add to that Ricky Stuart, he was regarded as one of the worst coaches of the last 5 years, look what the raiders did this year!
Mate stay positive, anything can happen in rugby league, Robinson and Macguire were seen as coaching gods, look at 2016 for them.
Like i said, anything is possible, dont let the negativity of this place suck ur positivity dry!
We have as much chance of succeeding as we do of failing.
Stay positive champ, 2017 will be a very good year for the mighty red V

SaintHarry

Juniors

Love the positivity mate but its black and white. Woeful attack and low morale mixed with some very poor decision making wreaks of McGregor.

St Georgio

Juniors
The brand of football they played was extremely boring to watch, they couldn't manufacturer an ounce of attacking flair what so ever, the Titans were odds on For the spoon, but with a smart coach not only were they entertaining they made the top 8, thumb down to McGregor, I don't expect the Dragons to make the eight under McGregor, I have written off 2017 already, unfortunately for Dragons fans it will be a matter of patients until these muppets appoint a decent coach again!

Old Timer

Coach
The brand of football they played was extremely boring to watch, they couldn't manufacturer an ounce of attacking flair what so ever, the Titans were odds on For the spoon, but with a smart coach not only were they entertaining they made the top 8, thumb down to McGregor, I don't expect the Dragons to make the eight under McGregor, I have written off 2017 already, unfortunately for Dragons fans it will be a matter of patients until these muppets appoint a decent coach again!
Yes the patients need to have patience

Mr Red

First Grade
CronullaSaint why are you explaining urself? And no he isnt correct!
What you posted is 100% true, and add to that Ricky Stuart, he was regarded as one of the worst coaches of the last 5 years, look what the raiders did this year!
Mate stay positive, anything can happen in rugby league, Robinson and Macguire were seen as coaching gods, look at 2016 for them.
Like i said, anything is possible, dont let the negativity of this place suck ur positivity dry!
We have as much chance of succeeding as we do of failing.
Stay positive champ, 2017 will be a very good year for the mighty red V

Robinson and the roosters made the mistake of allowing two of their 4 key spine players to leave and not replacing them with anyone as good or better.....this caused them to tumble down the ladder and it wasn't until late in the season the new combinations started to gel..

It's not like the dragons have lost 2 of their spine players since seasons end and chose to replace them with players no better or worse.......oh wait a minute...

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
"If" is the most powerful word in the English lexicon.

Given its perilous state, the Dragons desperately require a vastly experienced coach, who has a track record of turning things around.

If only.

Gareth67

First Grade
What if ?Bruce Gordon does come onboard , and as a result provides the finances to sign , shall we say Des Hasler .
Just the individual to completely turn the clubs fortunes around , from 2018 .

Players from other clubs who are on the open market , will at least view the Dragons as a viable option , knowing that they would be coached by some one of Haslers pedigree , compared to that of Mary's , er , qualifications .

If he , Hasler , could attract 2 or possibly 3 top line players , that would be enough to get our team back to the end of season matches , and the Dragons would improve each year that he was there .

What if ?

Last edited: