What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is the best player at each club worth?

lolesi

First Grade
Maroubra Shark said:
lolesi said:
Im pretty sure Stevens is ahead of Kimmorley in the $$ at Cronulla.
You cant be serious? Talk about not thinking things through :lol: :lol: :lol:

Contract per year sponsers etc.
I think you will find i am serious. :roll:

rugged

Juniors
SpaceMonkey said:
rugged said:
What must players be on a the Rabbitohs. Surely not comparable to other clubs players?
Fletcher and Harrison would be on a bit. The others would on the same amount a player of their ability would earn anywhere else (ie fringe first grader salary)

So do you mean Souths don't spend to the salary cap?

They should let them use more the next year if that is the case!

Mr Saab

Referee
rugged

that is the case...souths will be able to spend the extra 300k they didnt spend in 2005. You cant spent what you cant afford...otherwise you go broke.

rugged

Juniors
Charlie Saab said:
rugged

that is the case...souths will be able to spend the extra 300k they didnt spend in 2005. You cant spent what you cant afford...otherwise you go broke.

But the hollywood guy says he'll pay for players.

How do you know they don't pay out to their salary cap?

simostorm

Bench
For the Storm Robbie Kearns I beleive is on 300k a season
and I think Orford is on somewhere around the 350k-400k.
Scott Hill is on 300k also.

RABK

Referee
Bulldogs- Sonny Bill Williams- $400,000 is the hottest property in league and has enourmous talent. The only thing stopping his value increasing his that he his still so young and subject to a possible breakdown. (shoulder)

Broncos- Lockyer- $500,000- The broncos are twice the team with him on the paddock and can't win the premiership without him. Worth every cent they pay him.

Canberra- Woolford- There aren't any real superstars in their team but Woolford would have to be there best player. To Canberra he's worth $300,000 but to other clubs he's worth $200,000.

Cronulla- Kimmorley- $450,000- Many call him overated but he is far from it. On his day he is the best player in the world and can lead a side to a victory against huge odds. Worth every cent.

Manly- Michael Monaghan- $300,000- A darkhorse for the dally m. He's is still only 24 but is manly captain and leads them well. Great future for Manly with this bloke as captain.

Melbourne- Billy Slater and Matt Orford- $350,000- Both are awesome attacking weapons who any NRL club would love to have.

Newcastle- Andrew Johns- $500,000- There is no doubt that in the past Andrew has been worth a million a season to the Knights but with his latest contract many will doubt that he's worth $500,000. Andrew's influence over our younger and senior guys is amazing. He will prove his worth just give him a couple of weeks, never doubt a champion.

Nth Qld- Luke O'donnell- $300,000- You may question why i put him here but i believe he could be a bolter for the Blues. His workrate and strength are awesome but because he ain't a big name....yet, he doesn't get the accolades of Hindmarsh, Fitzgibbon etc.

Parramatta- Nathan Hindmarsh- $400,000- The type of player you can build a club around. Just an awesome athlete who gives his all week in, week out.

Panthers- Craig Gower- $400,000- One of the worlds best players who is so versatile and tough as nails. A player that penrith have built their club around, and it has payed off.

Stg Ill- Trent Barrett- $400,000- When on the field he can match it with any one. Just knows the game like the back of his hand but sadly he has an injury riddled career thus far. If he can stop the flow of injury's he is worth $400,000 but it seems the dragons are over paying him for the amount of time he is on the field.

Souths- Bryan Flecther- $350,000- Their most valuable player and they are a much better side with him on the field. One of the worlds top forwards when fit.

Roosters- Craig Fitzgibbon and Craig Wing- $350,000- Fitzgibbon is another player you can build a club around. He is a great workhorse and kicks goals at 80%. Wing can play anywhere and will play well there. Probally the roosters best now freddy's retired.

Warriors- Ruben Wiki- $350,000- Strikes the fear of god into opposing forwards, something that not many players do. On his day is the worlds premier forward.

Tigers- Hodgson- $300,000- The tigers best player by far. They are twice the team with him at the back. So much guts and is lightning in attack.

Please note that the players i picked for each side are the players who i think are their respective clubs best. Their worth is what i think they should be getting payed by their current club.

chunk

Juniors
I think the Tigers signed Hodgson for 150k for two years after he had an ordinary year at Parra. That will defeinately be upgraded next year.

Galea around the same.

Prince might be on a bit more than that.

So the Tigers go Ok with the money they spend. All up about 2.8m

A lot of the Tigers funds are going into keeping the younger guys such as harrison, Fulton, Marshall.

I might be wrong

RABK

Referee
That may be all well and true but i as i said above, i put down what i think their club should be paying them. Tigers are getting great value out of hodgson if he is only on $150,000 a year.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Anyone know what Galea is on? He deserves to be on way more then Half the side. His work rate is out of control and the Tigers look lost without him on the paddock.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Parra offered Hodgson 130-150k after his poor year in 2003 and the end of 2002 but he wanted 200-220k a year as he was the NSW fullback in 2002 and the Tigers paid him that.

But even with him on 220k I'd still say he would get an upgrade.

ByRd

First Grade
Warriors highest paid player would be Price, his contract was worth 1.2 million over 3yrs- $400 000

hitman82

Bench
sonny bill, Iwould rather eat sh*t than pay for that nice person
:lol: Did he steal your girlfriend or something?

I would be rapt if my club signed him, but only if he makes it through this season with no major injuries - I'm slightly concerned about how durable he is... an injury prone 19 year old would not be a good way to spend half a mil.

I get sick of people saying league players don't earn enough... I think 100k + to play a game you love and be adored by millions of fans (unless you're chris walker) is a pretty sweet deal.
So what if you risk getting hurt? I always get injured at work and don't get that kinda money!
They earn enough for the job they do.

RABK

Referee
Geez mate, you sure do hate Sonny. Are you Karmichael Hunt, showing your jealousy over Sonny grabbing all the headlines?

slava

Juniors
Red and Blue Knight said:
Geez mate, you sure do hate Sonny. Are you Karmichael Hunt, showing your jealousy over Sonny grabbing all the headlines?

not really. I just think he is an over rated overhyped player

C.P

Juniors
I think slava really has the hots for sonny and he thinks he's playing hard to get :lol: in 37 posts he's had nothing to say about anything else other than sonny he's obviously in looooooooooooooooovvvveee :kiss: :kiss:

McLovin

Staff member
Lolesi is right. Stevens is on a higher contract at the Sharks than Kimmorley. Stevens is on roughly about $450,000 per year (give or take, im not to sure but i know its huge). When Stevo and the Peach retires at the end of the year you can expect us to make a big run at the player market...

Stormin Norman

Juniors
slava its fair to say u dislike him but have no idea of his talent i hate the bulldogs and nearly n e one who puts a bulldogs jersey each week but he is the best young player since brad fittler came on the scene he had 6 off loads in the 1st 12 min las week and 2 line breaks (i think give or take 1 or 2 either way), i dont mind if u dont like him cause he is good but there is no way he is overated

ozzie

Bench
hmmm who really cares I don't - if x gets so much money and y gets more so what - we are all guessing - none of you have the foggiest...if you do you will tell me the date the contract was signed...

come on Friday night - 8.30pm