What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What makes you feel old?

horrie hastings

First Grade
So, just before this strays too far away . . . we are all on the same page, yeah ?
While JLC and EMP are both beautiful in their own right . . . I was talking about their jubblies, more than them as people. Yeah yeah, I'm shallow and all that. But they do have magnificent boobies.
. . . and I'm looking at BBJF's pic of Samantha Fox again.
The whole package for Jamie Lee Curtis for me, stunning.

I was never a Para fan but his footy cards were the ones I coveted.
I remember the day he announced his retirement and I was gutted. But he’s been a good commentator and analyst.
I loved his Sterlo show on Fox.
I don’t watch 9 now but today I watched Footy Show for first time in yonks. Still honest and analytical.
And of course he had his zeitgeist moment in entertainment with ‘Yeah, Yeah’ in 1995 ( which feels like a heartbeat ago too).

At the 27m40s mark

Last edited:

horrie hastings

First Grade
I was never a Para fan but his footy cards were the ones I coveted.
I remember the day he announced his retirement and I was gutted. But he’s been a good commentator and analyst.
I loved his Sterlo show on Fox.
I don’t watch 9 now but today I watched Footy Show for first time in yonks. Still honest and analytical.
And of course he had his zeitgeist moment in entertainment with ‘Yeah, Yeah’ in 1995 ( which feels like a heartbeat ago too).

I remember being out at Parramatta Stadium in 1987 and Parra lapped the Roosters 32-2 and Sterling had a blinder, he got a 10 in the Rugby League Week players ratings.

I remember being out at Parramatta Stadium in 1987 and Parra lapped the Roosters 32-2 and Sterling had a blinder, he got a 10 in the Rugby League Week players ratings.
I remember going to Kogarah - first game back in years after the dragons had played seasons as nomads at the SCG, Belmore etc etc. Against Peter Sterling & Parra.

First game I saw him play live. He carved us up in front of a packed house. Only when you see a player live can you really appreciate what they are truly like as a player.... He was awesome.

Now he's retiring after 27 years of commentary... FFS - yes this does make me feel old.

Incorrect

Coach
I was at that game too - my first season as a Parra season ticket holder, jumping on the bandwagon after the 86 premiership...little did I know we were just starting the mother of all droughts - but I digress....

I remember that day him incessantly exploiting that rule that had been introduced (and was quickly scrapped and rightly so) whereby if you kicked before the 5th and last from inside your own half and found touch inside your own half, you were awarded the scrum feed. So whenever Parra were rolling up to their own 40 metre line, on tackle 4 Sterlo would just dribble it over the sideline and make sure it didn't go over the halfway and voila, another set of 6... Never saw anyone else exploit like that until Sterlo that day...

horrie hastings

First Grade
I was at that game too - my first season as a Parra season ticket holder, jumping on the bandwagon after the 86 premiership...little did I know we were just starting the mother of all droughts - but I digress....

I remember that day him incessantly exploiting that rule that had been introduced (and was quickly scrapped and rightly so) whereby if you kicked before the 5th and last from inside your own half and found touch inside your own half, you were awarded the scrum feed. So whenever Parra were rolling up to their own 40 metre line, on tackle 4 Sterlo would just dribble it over the sideline and make sure it didn't go over the halfway and voila, another set of 6... Never saw anyone else exploit like that until Sterlo that day...

Everything Sterlo touched that day turned to gold, from memory i think he scored 3 tries also.

I was bored so a joke thing with my wife the other day.

I said it was Matt Trakker’s 75th birthday.

She said she felt old.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Just watched a bit of the Amco Cup final from 1978 between Easts and St George and Frank Hyde was talking about the aging Easts side with Fulton, Mark Harris and Bob O Reilly.

horrie hastings

First Grade
The Towering Inferno and Earthquake, both were the big event movies at the cinema when i was growing up, before Jaws and Star Wars.
Inferno and Earthquake ran at the theatres in the CBD for over a year before going for a run at suburban theatres after that, i still watch both now 47 years on and feel old but young at the same time.

image.jpg

MV5BN2MzYTFiOTUtNTE3Mi00MTlkLWJmMjctZWU3N2Y5OGMwY2JhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg

anniversaries of things, especially from the 80s
i keep seeing "40th anniversary of..." and just saying WHAT? NO WAY!!
surely that was only twenty..... *googles it* ...damn

Latest posts