What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What NRL club develops their juniors the BEST ??

yobbo84

Coach
It depends on how you look at it... in terms of junior players Souths do very well considering Souths Jnrs is nowhere near as big as Penrith/Parra/Illawarra/etc... each year will generally produce a couple of first graders... in terms of junior teams however Souths are (with a few exceptions) generally hopeless.

Y2Eel

First Grade
St Geaorge Illawarra has the best Junior Development for their area...

Parra has a great Junior Development though...

Firstgrade this weekend

*1 Luke burt
*2 Jarryd Hayne
*3 Ben Smith
*4 Krisnan INU
*5 Eric Grothe
6 Brett Finch
*7 Tim Smith
*8 Nathan Cayless
*9 PJ Marsh
10 Aaron Cannings
*11 Nathan Hindmarsh
*12 Feleti Mateo
13 Daniel Wagon

14 Mark Riddell
*15 Josh Cordoba
*16 Chad Robinson
17 Fuifui Moimoi

*Through the junior system

Raider_69

Post Whore
Zillman, Purtell, Chalk, Goodwin, Dobson, Campese, Withers, Thompson, Tongue, Miller, Weyman are all products of our development system and will play this week. We're doing alright in that respect

mongoose

Coach
Southernsaint said:
Juniors are a myth.

I'd rather win the comp with 13 imports than run mid-table with 13 local juniors...

Buying marquee players is a myth. Look at the roosters for gods sake. Even manly's marquee signings are not the reason they are on top. I would rather buy a few promising premier league players and develop them than waste $400,000 a year on a brent tate.

Balmain Bug

Juniors
Johnny Bravo said:
I can think of one other team to match it.

1. Hornby (Junior)
2. Brett Morris (Junior)
6. Mark Gasnier (Junior)
4. Matt Cooper (Junior)
5. Josh Morris (Junior)
6. Richie Williams
7. Matthew Head
8. Justin Poore (Junior)
9. Simon Woolford
10. Jason Ryles (Junior)
11. Ashton Sims (Junior)
12. Ben Creagh (Junior)
13. Dean Young (Junior)

The fact that their junior base is probably ten times the size of any other club in the NRL doesn't matter :D

The Illawarra contingent is brilliant. But Wollongong is a big city and so to are its surrounding areas. But is is great to see the Dragons developing so much talent not only for themselves, but for other clubs as well.

yobbo84

Coach
Here's a side little thing... name the best team running around in the competition today made up of players from your team's junior system!

I don't think I can quite get to 13 from Souths, sadly. Best I can come up with is:

1. Beau Champion
2. Nathan Merritt
3. Yileen Gordon
4. Fetuli Talanoa
5. Paul Mellor
6. Richie Williams
7. ?
8. ?
9. Craig Wing
10. Manase Manuokafoa
11. John Sutton
12. Reni Maitua
13. Braith Anasta

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
12/17 from parra this weekend lining up against 9.5 from the Joint Venture... Parra > WT

LOL @ Wheelsy's 'or something like that', yeha its Roman Ochinikov or something... good to see Sheens recruiting more Russians though, good for the Intl Game.

Balmain Bug

Juniors
Y2Eel said:
St Geaorge Illawarra has the best Junior Development for their area...

Parra has a great Junior Development though...

Firstgrade this weekend

*1 Luke burt
*2 Jarryd Hayne
*3 Ben Smith
*4 Krisnan INU
*5 Eric Grothe
6 Brett Finch
*7 Tim Smith
*8 Nathan Cayless
*9 PJ Marsh
10 Aaron Cannings
*11 Nathan Hindmarsh
*12 Feleti Mateo
13 Daniel Wagon

14 Mark Riddell
*15 Josh Cordoba
*16 Chad Robinson
17 Fuifui Moimoi

*Through the junior system

MATE OFF THE BAT I CAN TELL YOU CORDOBA, BURT, TIM SMITH, BEN SMITH, ARE NOT JUNIORS AND YOU ARE PUSHING IT TO SAY GROTHE IS A PARRA JUNIOUR. I'LL GIVE YOU HALF A POINT FOR HIM AS HE PLAYED FOR WESTS AS A KID.

Balmain Bug

Juniors
Mr. Fahrenheit said:
12/17 from parra this weekend lining up against 9.5 from the Joint Venture... Parra > WT

LOL @ Wheelsy's 'or something like that', yeha its Roman Ochinikov or something... good to see Sheens recruiting more Russians though, good for the Intl Game.

Show me the 12 buddy ?? I mean real juniours !!! Blokes you got from the country to play Premier League and from NZ don't count. I mean real kids born and bred.

Grothe was a Juniour Magpie BEFORE he went to the Eels. Parra's list is impressive mate but you can half what you nominated !!

The Centre

Juniors
yobbo84 said:
Here's a side little thing... name the best team running around in the competition today made up of players from your team's junior system!

I don't think I can quite get to 13 from Souths, sadly. Best I can come up with is:

1. Beau Champion
2. Nathan Merritt
3. Yileen Gordon
4. Fetuli Talanoa
5. Paul Mellor
6. Richie Williams
7. ?
8. ?
9. Craig Wing
10. Manase Manuokafoa
11. John Sutton
12. Reni Maitua
13. Braith Anasta

You forgot to include.

Todd Byrne
Daniel Fitzhenry
Justin Smith
Mark Meredith (Currently playing for the Panthers PL side i think)

Im not sure,but i think that Richie Williams came to Souths from Cronulla.

LeagueLegend

Juniors
Balmain Bug said:
. . . APART FROM ONE CITY AND ONE COUNTRY NRL TEAMS THE ANSWER IS . . . .

THE MIGHTY WESTS TIGERS !!!!

No other metropolitan club in the NRL can match that. Not even the Penny Panfers !

Panthers have 10 this week. Jennings, Lewis, Daniela, Wallace, Gower, Clinton, T Puletua, F Puletua, Moors, Grant.

Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story BB.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Balmain Bug said:
MATE OFF THE BAT I CAN TELL YOU CORDOBA, BURT, TIM SMITH, BEN SMITH, ARE NOT JUNIORS AND YOU ARE PUSHING IT TO SAY GROTHE IS A PARRA JUNIOUR. I'LL GIVE YOU HALF A POINT FOR HIM AS HE PLAYED FOR WESTS AS A KID.

I said Junior development didnt you notice??

St George/Illawarra and Penrith Smash whatever Juniors you have... Name them BTW...

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Balmain Bug said:

capslock.jpg

mxlegend99

Referee
Penrith and Parra are by far the 2 most dominant Sydney junior teams IMO.

Last year, Panthers won SG Ball, Harold Matthews and Jersey Flegg, Parra won Premier League.
This year, Panthers made the grand finals in SG Ball and Harold Matthews, Parra beat them in one grand final, Dogs the other. Jersey Flegg is all Parra and Panthers.