What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Our Team Needs....

PrideKnight

Bench
IS US!!!

It was really disheartening when getting back from a 5 hour round trip drive, and a 5 hour day at the game, to see "Fans" turning on the team and one another.

As Knights fans we have always prided ourselves on being a cohesive unit who love and support our boys no matter what. Some of the crud that i read, especially in the "Joey Should Retire" Thread made me feel physically ill.

Anyone who was at the game today cannot tell me that every single player on that field gave 110% to give the home crowd the win they came to see. Thier hearts, bodies and minds were in it, right up until Joey went down.

Unfortunately, once the heads lopped off an animal it kinda doesnt function as well anymore. And that is what happened today. Yes He's injured for 6-8 weeks, and yes we have a spate of other injuries aswell.

But we have played and won without him before, and we are going to have to get used to not having him in the future.

A Fan isnt supposed to be like a fairweather friend, only showing support when things are going in your favour. If there was ever a time when they need us to get behind them and lift them up its now.

The way people are talking you kinda get the feeling that no one is going to show up for the dogs next week. WRONG WRONG WRONG

We have fielded a weak side against a strong side before and thier arrogance and self assurance cost them, and lets not forget, 5 Bulldogs players are backing up (or hopefully injured) from the Anzac test on Friday, in a disguised blessing we dont have any players currently fit for Rep Selection.

Yes, there is a good chance we won't win. But we beat them last year when they had a similar line up didnt we, and it wasnt Joey leading us then.

RABK and I were not planning on going to the game next weekend, but if we can throw our weight behind the team to give them that little bit more of a lift, we are gunna do it.

I implore everyone who is a true Knights fan to make it next week.

Show them that Win, Lose or Draw, they are still the ones we Love, and that we are Proud, Passionate and part of the team!!![/u]

PrideKnight

Bench
i_love_matt_gidley said:
i really really want to go next week but i'm not allowed to go to bulldogs games...

No excuse....Tell your parents your going to the movies...and then just make sure ur not on camera...

pegson

Juniors
i will be there to support the knights.
I will support a little harder next to make up for ya.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Well said prideknight :clap: , i will be there next week, dont you worry about that. As yet i hav not read the "joey should retire" thread and after what u hav said im not sure if i do want to. What i will say is those IMBECILES and yes, thats all they are, who booed the boys off the park today all i can say is hav a good hard long look at yourself, i bet if the boys turn it around they will be the first to cheer them on, all i hav to say is if you support the team only when they are winning ............... :arrow:

PrideKnight

Bench
Someone booed them off the park? I thought only eels supporters did that...
I wouldnt have been able to hear, we had real smart ass Warriors supporters...if there is one thing i hate more than a sore loser, its a sore winner.

deedles

Juniors
if i could go i'd be there in a heartbeat, but it's my nana's 80th birthday celebration and i'll be shot by both my parents if i don't go and don't even try and use the excuse that i can go for a bit then go to the footy, i can't...it's in sydney. but i'll be oproud in red and blue at the raiders game the next week with my crew of 20.

PrideKnight

Bench
Only in the first hour...then its one every hour after that...although if its as hot next sunday as today...maybe i should stick with coke...

PrideKnight

Bench
deedles said:
if i could go i'd be there in a heartbeat, but it's my nana's 80th birthday celebration and i'll be shot by both my parents if i don't go and don't even try and use the excuse that i can go for a bit then go to the footy, i can't...it's in sydney. but i'll be oproud in red and blue at the raiders game the next week with my crew of 20.

That is a (barely) acceptable reason Jks...have fun at the party and see u the week after...

look out for a big assed banner, RABK and i have made one thats easily adaptable each week with a new message LOL

Todays was "The return of the King, Welcome Home Joey Johns" was an absolute prick to make too....

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Yeah prideknight, there were actually a fair few that booed them off, cos i was walking back to the car. I was in my shattered state, and that was what snapped me out of it was the fact that "fans" were booing their team. It made me very embarrassed to be a Knights fan after those minority acting in a disgusting manner like that. Yes,sure i was disappointed but i also knew that the boys put in 110% today, and the wheels just fell off when joey went off. I just get the feeling a win is just around the corner. And as i said, i assure u that those who booed them off today will be the ones giving the boys a standing ovation. People like that really annoy me. :evil: :evil:

PrideKnight

Bench
"Annoy" isnt quite strong enough for how i feel about them.
I know how you feel about your shattered state though...at least ur local but. The drive home seems a lot longer when ur miserable (well that and the fact there was an accident or something on the F3 and the last 40k's took an hour :D) I felt worse today than after the eels game up there last yr though...and i thought that was a long drive home...

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Yeah well annoy is the only word that will be allowed thru the filters :lol: :lol: so it doesnt hav the same effect, but i presume u know what i mean. Some fans can be so fickle .........

PrideKnight

Bench
Tell me about it....they just dont understand that every single team has thier rough spots...obviously we are in ours...judging by the past 3 yrs id say we should assume we are almost through it. LOL

Jobdog

Live Update Team
:lol: :lol: Well common sense tells me that the team u support just cannot keep in the top 4 clubs for every single year they're in the comp,it just doesnt work that way. U hav ur experienced players moving on and younger kids coming thru, give the kids some experience, they will be better for it. I will be there for every home game this year and as many away games as i can poss get to. That is cos i am a SUPPORTER of the Knights and not just a fan. Hope u know the difference btwn the two??? :?:

PrideKnight

Bench
Definately...as you say, a supporter, SUPPORTS through thick and thin, more like being married to the team instead of just engaged like a fan is LOL

Id definately say im a supporter, i come to as many home games as i can, but its not always possible living in Syd, i go to the away games i can down here, but again not always poss, but wherever i am, i get somewhere to watch/listen..every week, regardless of how disheartened i get by things

Misanthrope

Staff member
I didn't leave today until the game was well and truly over (as Jones lined up the conversion). I'll be at every single game I can reach this year, even if in round twenty six we're playing for our first and only win.

The fairweather fans can come back when we're contesting a grand final. It'll be all the sweeter for those of us who endured seasons like this.

Latest posts