What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What position do we need to strengthen in 2014?

What positions do we need to strengthen in 2014?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just reading the Rumour thread and gustarny's posts - and he was asked what his opinion was in terms of what positions we need to recruit for (and which this person in the know agreed with him on).

So, in your opinion, what positions do we need to look to strengthen in 2013?

FOR SOME STUPID REASON I PUT UTILITY INSTEAD OF HOOKER. VOTE UTILITY IF YOU THINK WE NEED TO STRENGTHEN THE HOOKING ROLE.

Sorry.

AAARGGGH!!!! I really am an idiot. Thanks, Noise - it's for 2013, people. I guess I'm just having one of those days...

Last edited:

Noise

Coach
Um, have i missed something? Why are we talking about 2014? Have we already written off 2013? Surely we could do with some signings for next year?

Bazal

Post Whore
A hole running backrower, if we're not going to give Horo another chance then maybe two. And a hooker would be nice

DeanPay98

Juniors
We definitely need a new coach. A hooker and a backrower or two would be useful too. I'm happy with MK. But I'd rather see a high quality 60 mins rather than a great first 60 mins and then a patchy last 20. Hindy needs a replacement for 2013. Lasalo needs to be shown the door. It would be good to see Horo return to first grade and Shack too.

Where the backrowers are concerned I think we need about six in the squad. We have Matua, Matt Ryan, Pat O'Hanlon. Hopefully we keep Horo. I think we'll lose Shack (sadly). Hindy will retire and Ben Smith might (?!). Not sure about Lasalo's contract.

Esi, Atkins aren't any good. Morgan might be a useful winger when Burt retires. Loko might be a winger too but he seems injury prone. So a reserve winger/fullback would be great for a season or two.

TheParraboy

Staff member
isnt it funny
last year all we needed to be a gun side was a top hallback, and a couple of quality outside backs
We got them, yet are going severely backwards

Next year?

Hindys retirement, Shack and Smith might not be around, then like Haynzy get a couple of gun backrowers, ideally one workhorse one gun runner. If Poore doesnt resign, then gun for someone like Aaron woods up front

I think we have the cattle this year to be a decent side, for some reason we cant get it together

Someone

Bench
depends who retires/leaves, but definately IMO

-1 good prop
-2 Backrowers (one tackle machine, one ball runner)
-1 hooker please (matt ballin ffs yeah?)
- 1 Winger, tough position this one because the year after (2014) hoppo comes into play, so your looking at a one yearer here, and i dont like the ryan morgan idea. And even if Morgan is the winger still would need to look into someone for this role because of lack of depth.

1. Hayne
2. Sio
3. Blair
4. Tonga
5. **

6. Roberts
7. Sandow

8. Mannah
9. Keating/Ballin
10. *
11. Ryan/paulo?
12. *
13. Maitua

14.Keating/Barba?
15. Lasolo (at this stage will be there, lets deal with it)
16. Moi Moi
17. * ryan/paulo

Please comment or edit this team if im missing anyone..

so imo a 5,10 and 12 are nessecary, a 9 is optimal.

Eels Dude

Coach
It depends what players we retain from our current squad. Definitely need at least two decent backrowers, a hooker or someone who can at least play hooker. We don't have any backup in positions 6,7 9 at all.

Looking at our squad from this year, you'd have to say we'd be resigned to losing 6 to 7 members of our top squad, all very experienced, so ideally you'd want to replace them with players of some experience, rather than just promoting more youngsters, otherwise we'd have far too inexperienced a side.

boxhead

First Grade
Second-row is currently one of our weaker positions, we are doing pretty well in the props even if Poore leaves and I'm happy enough with Roberts and confident that Sandow can find form.
We need another hooker to partner Keating.

Someone

Bench
If Poore leaves how are we 'good' in the props department?

-Mannah, Moi Moi, Allgood and..?

If you've got the money..

Allgood is our junior, Moi Moi the senior, we need another mannah (3-4 years of experience, 25 yo etc) imo.

lingard

Coach
A coach, a five-eight and a hooker is what we need - in that order. I can see Roberts as a very good 14, but he`s not the style of 6 we need. We need someone like Campese or Anasta.

Someone

Bench
campese is injury ravaged and i think his career is over.

Anasta is too old.

But young players of their style? Keiron Foran is there style but better imo. obvs not gonna happen though. I cant think of anyone else atm..