What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What team will improve from 2004?

There are a few sides which need vast improvement on last year.
Souths.Manly,Tigers,Warriors and even though they made the eight,the Raiders.
of course the other teams which didn't make the top eight and didn't win the comp.
the raiders for mine will be very interesting as they have a few young and older players,the fact that they dont have Davico and Bulgareli will improve there handling errors.Monaghhan,Drew and Mclindon which were good attacking players but missed plenty of tackles makes it very interesting to see how they'll go.
Souths may not make the eight but they need to improve as a team all over and they just might scrape off the bottom.
Warriors have Wiki and Price,they will improve.
Parra are chokers and the coach is too predictable.
The tigers and Manly are the sides who haven't bought well so can there coaches improve on what they got.

Stranger

Coach
Bunnies cant get worse so thell improve...

Thugs the knights players wont improve alot as indivduals but in the ladder they will, because you would have watched every game like me and know the knights generally play solid. They will go up the ladder and joey will create more scoreing oppertunites but they were a good team during most of last season. If you understand what im saying.

Tommy Smith

Referee
I believe there will be a number of improvers next year which bodes well for an exciting season.

The Warriors have the potential to be the biggest improvers on the basis that they were the biggest underachievers...in other words we all know they have the talent to turn it on especially with the new additions to their forward pack. You can never underestimate what the addition of one experienced, hard-head can do to a team. And the Warriors have gone out and bought two of the best in the business in that regard. Wiki and Price will lead the way very well with the likes of Iafeta Palaeasomething, Villasanti and Faumina making up a skillful and powerful pack. Latu and the young Andseron fella who looks the goods will also provide alot out of dummy half which they seriously lacked last year. Obviously alot will come down to the halves for the Warriors. Jones needs to stay fit and regain the form of 2002 because i dont rate Leuluai. If he does then i wouldnt be surprised to see the Warriors make the GF. Toddy Byrne will help provide the attacking edge they need as well. :p :lol:

Parra have the potential to improve a hell of a lot as well. They bought really well (FOR ONCE!) and have the potential to make the top 6. The only question mark is over their halves. They bought enough hookers over the off-season to open a brothel, but didn't invest in a seasoned half back. So while i've no doubt they will improve, their level of improvement will depend on how the no.7, and 6 for that matter, perform for them. Unless you've got Reg Gasnier there's no good going out and buying centres/wingers (Tahu) if they aren't going to get quality ball.

It goes without saying that the Knights will improve if Joey stays fit. With him they can win the comp but i dont think that's a big secret to many (although it would appear that not too many on here rate the Knights at all for this year). Manly may also surprise a few this year. If they add some consistency to their game and turn up committed to play every week instead of every second week, then they will go close to making the 8. The Sharks as usual are abit of an enigma. They are an outside chance to make the 8 although they are just as likely to finish as wooden spooners.

I dont see any of the other non-top 8 sides making big strides this year.

AzzA84

Juniors
I'd say bulldogs will improve!! hahaha ;)

well hopefully this is the case, and if this is so, watch out it could be back-to-back for the bulldogs.

:D GO THE MIGHTY BULLDOGS

The Colonel

Immortal
IMO the Knights will improve but not to the point where Johns will make them a premiership threat. They don't have the depth in any position (this year at least) to challenge for the top four but a fit Johns will get them in the eight.

Parramatta should improve to 5th, 6th or 7th.

The Tigers and Manly will improve overall as their young team gains experience but they won't improve on the ladder until next year.

spacemanspiff

Juniors
I reckon TS summed it up pretty comprehensively.
I think the Sharks will benefit enourmously from having a full pre-season with Raper at the helm and are sure things to improve this year.
I like the knights recruits of Reynoldson and Cooper - Cooper was pretty impressive last season when filling in for King. I hope he goes well for the Knights.
I dont think the Faiders will go as badly as everyone is predicting - but they wont move forward on last years 8th.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
It's a scary thought but I can see our Doggies improving. Some of the training they've been doing and opinion gathered from it only suggests a bigger and better Bulldogs to go back 2 back for 2005.

Other improvers - Parra, Saints, Warriors & Manly.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Based of recruitment Parramatta, New Zealand should be big improvers, id expect both to climb into the 8 dog fight, with Tigers, Manly and Souths (cause they cant do worse) making small improvements, tigers improvement might not be enough to see them in the 8 and souths and manly should provide more of a contest than last year, no really easy games this year IMO.

my sleeper is the Raiders, im not quite sure how this season will pan out, they could be anything from great to disgraceful. One thing i do know is that our team has too much raw talent to flounder near the spoon as so many have predicted for us.

Broncodroid

Juniors
A quick reply off the top of my head, I would have to say the Warriors will be the big improvers from 2004. Coming in 14th last season from 15 teams, the Warriors will easily be the big improvers in 2005...I believe they will return to the 8 which will see them jump 6 places up the ladder at least.

innsaneink

Referee
Broncodroid said:
A quick reply off the top of my head, I would have to say the Warriors will be the big improvers from 2004. Coming in 14th last season from 15 teams, the Warriors will easily be the big improvers in 2005...I believe they will return to the 8 which will see them jump 6 places up the ladder at least.

Equal last actually.

The only answer though, all the pressures on them & Parra to improve largely.

Stagger eel

Staff member
has anyone stopped to think that even the teams coming 14th or 15th may in some way improve??..I predicting it'll be the closest comp on record and i also believe by June/July there will still be about 12 to 13 teams still vying for the top 8.
the NRL wanted this and it looks like they'll get it this year.