What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What the ---Burt/Graham

Delboy

First Grade
I would welcome comments , but I be;leive we saw the worst 2 wingers in the NRL last night. Our first 3 choicesd are out (Grothe,Peterson and Williams) and didnt it show.
OI go back to a favourite of mine, Burt isthere for his kicking and nothing else. As for speed , last night he got beat to a kick through by a full back recovering from a full knee reconstruction. I ve said it before if hes picked for his pace WHERE IS IT??? he totally stuffed up the high ball chances and they continue to attack the left side when he plays there. Ashley Graham was there by default with only Hayne and Inu left and they are both 17yrs old.
The slump occrred when Daniel Wagon got injured and last night indicated the different levels between good Premier League players (ie Perenara) and steeping up.
Luke seems to remain a teachers pet, as does Graham, they must be excellent trainers because they havent put in consistently for a long time.
No need to press the panic button, but no punch from the bench last night and Hindmarshs worst game of the season and Morro missing tells the tale.
Please dont get on and tell me what a good club man players like Luke are.We need good players not good club men, Perenra dropping the ball with the line open was a big turning point.
Come on Brian , bite the bullet, dont play favourites, its beginning to tell.

eelz47

Coach
you said dont play favourites, but also said there was nobody else he can only play the cards he is dealt

Parraren

Bench
In fairness, Graham played pretty well in his last game in 1sts (v Souths) so you can't really blame Smith for picking him given our shortage of wingers. On Burt, well, the less said the better.

Grothe will be back after the bye anyway.

Anyone know how soon Petersen will be back?

fish eel

Immortal
Given Williams was injured and Graham did the job last start he got I can see why he was picked.
Graham had a shocker last night. You would like to think when a coach shows confidence in a player, he'd try and step up.

Hellsy

Immortal
Who else would Smith have chose on the Wings last night??
Grothe - Crook
Peto - Injured out for 4-6 weeks
Williams - Also injured

Who is left to choose from?

I think we are missing Wags big time, just his experience for the younger blokes.
It was unfortunate that Moro needed the week off through concussion

eelz47

Coach
fui should of played on the wing

didnt colonel say at the start of year he was training there

Utey

Coach
Smithy had no other altenative. Graham was good against Souths but he was absolutely sh*thouse last night. Lucky the bye has come with Vella, Grothey and Wags to come back.

Our bench wasnt very effective as well.

Hellsy

Immortal
Yeah, I thought that PJ did not have any effect last night either and he is usually the little terrior that gets sent on to liven the game up

Utey

Coach
Widders began to break the line but then seemed to run out of puff and couldnt dominate.

Maybe we are relying to much on our bench to dominate. Oh well life goes on.

hindy_fan

Juniors
sure ashley graham had a shocker and luke burt played preety poorly. but parra had plently of chances to win the game it seems to me that if we cant score of every play we start to panick and push the passes and get very frustrated. if we just played simple footy in the second half and worked our way into the knights end of the field and then start to do some fancy stuff im sure we could of atleast pulled of one or two tries. we didnt score in the last 70 minutes of the game because for most of that 70 minutes we were pushing passes like we were 20-0 down with 10 to go.

eelz47

Coach
hindy_fan said:
sure ashley graham had a shocker and luke burt played preety poorly. but parra had plently of chances to win the game it seems to me that if we cant score of every play we start to panick and push the passes and get very frustrated. if we just played simple footy in the second half and worked our way into the knights end of the field and then start to do some fancy stuff im sure we could of atleast pulled of one or two tries. we didnt score in the last 70 minutes of the game because for most of that 70 minutes we were pushing passes like we were 20-0 down with 10 to go.

just on that, late in the game we had a srcum feed down our tryline and piggy was yelling(nicely) at timmy,"we have got 5 mins dont panic" or something along those lines

then morris kicks the ball down field:(

thedux

Juniors
No-one had mentioned Delaney in all this. He has probably been the most consistent player in prems aside from J. Williams all year. Surely he could have done a better job than either of those two. And why not push Tahu to the wing and put O'Dwyer in the centres. I mean, we re-signed the guy for a reason.

Kornstar

Coach
Delaney should have got the call, full stop!!!!!! He has consistantly been a class above EVERYONE in P/L this year, he has been outstanding!

Latest posts