What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What the fans can do to stop the rot.

saint.nick

Coach
Alright guys, let's have a serious brainstorm here. There's been a million threads criticising and bitching about the club hierarchy/Price (which I have no problem with), but how about we take a fresh new angle to the negativity and possibly (?) lay a platform for creating change. Some say the fans can possibly make a difference, whilst others may say there's simply nothing we can do.
Whichever of the two you think, discuss.

Last edited:

BrissyRedV

Bench
It would be nice to thnk we as fans could have some form of control over the club and its decisions, but we don't and never will.

Jersey No 14

Juniors
We play the Warriors in Round 7 That is our first home - Win Jubilee game.
If they haven't done anything to satisfy us - we just don't turn up.
Imagine the Kogarah Hill and the Grandstands empty.
That might get the message across. The fans voting with their feet.
That's seems fair enough.
The balls in their court now.

beecww

Juniors
We play the Warriors in Round 7 That is our first home - Win Jubilee game.
If they haven't done anything to satisfy us - we just don't turn up.
Imagine the Kogarah Hill and the Grandstands empty.
That might get the message across. The fans voting with their feet.
That's seems fair enough.
The balls in their court now.

Great idea. Almost all on here are game spectators, so we should form a pact and be heard by our absence.

saint.nick

Coach
Whether the methods they have used are right or wrong, we need to take after Sydney FC fans in terms of being proactive.

Not turning up is one way to show you've had enough.

Heres a few others
Don't renew your red v membership (To late for some)
Don't buy the clubs merchandise
Bombard the club with letters or emails
Start a petition
Write to a newspaper
Game day protests outside the ground

saint.nick

Coach
Only a few hundred saints fans read this forum, so actions such as boycotting membership, merchandise and etc wouldn't have a wide effect, since it's the initiative of only basically a few people on an internet forum.

Petitions, letters to the editor and protests stand out the most; more so the protests. When's the last time you saw NRL fans protest outside a ground, if ever? It'd be a rude shock to the club.

GT0007

Juniors
As much as I'm upset about the Dragons form it was their 1st proper trial playing against a team that barely skipped a beat between seasons and potentially are Grandfinalists. The other thing to consider is that if I am a potential coach and I see Dragons fans staging protests and acting like dickheads there is no way wld I set myself up for that especially when we all will expect immediate results.

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
Great Idea. Let's boycott the team don't buy their merchandise don't buy memberships vote with our feet and watch them go bust and die. Then we won't have a team to watch or even bitch about. Sounds smart to me.

jenninga

First Grade
Whether the methods they have used are right or wrong, we need to take after Sydney FC fans in terms of being proactive.

Ha,the SydFc fans only hurt the players in their protest and the Ceo and chairman show up at the forum as a token to pretend they hear the fans.Nothing came out of that forum but bs they fed the fans.

saint.nick

Coach
Ha,the SydFc fans only hurt the players in their protest and the Ceo and chairman show up at the forum as a token to pretend they hear the fans.Nothing came out of that forum but bs they fed the fans.

Ha, well like I said, it's we need to replicate them in being proactive, not replicate their methods

blacksafake

First Grade
Just keep bombarding the club/Doust with emails without being too rude.I (politely) let him know of my disgust in the way the club is being coached & run by management.He normally does reply but if everyone keeps doing it we must wear him down.If not direct your emails to the board.

saints4me

Juniors
Great Idea. Let's boycott the team don't buy their merchandise don't buy memberships vote with our feet and watch them go bust and die. Then we won't have a team to watch or even bitch about. Sounds smart to me.

Finally some common sense.
What you do is join the football club and vote! That way it's directed at who is responsible and not the players.

LatK7

First Grade
An empty hill at Kogarah with a 70 metre banner saying citing the usual Oust Doust/Dice Price.

Would cause a stir in the news at least...

Father Ted

First Grade
AS they want us not to attend Kogarah games so they can dump the ground may I suggest we don't boycott Kogarah. A better protest is to boycott all the Homebush/SCG/SFS games. Makes two good points in one. We where sold the JV on a Kogarah/Wollongong equal split and I for one would like them to finally honour that promise.

kit66

Bench
Want to Stop The Rot ? Start a Riot. Wooo ! Yeah !

I live in Queensland but I'll be there in spirit wooo ! Text me updates.

Latest posts