What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What the hell is happening at Manly??

Stagger eel

Staff member
first Aaron Moule!

Now Andrew Walker has tested posative to cocaine and has retired!! :shock:

The Colonel

Immortal
Walker fails drug test
September 24, 2004

The NRL and Manly today confirmed former rugby international fullback Andrew Walker had tested positive for cocaine.

The NRL said Walker had returned the positive result following an Australian Sports Drug Agency (ASDA) test this season.

Walker is yet to have the B sample for the test confirmed but the NRL said he did not dispute the positive result.

The 30-year-old, who returned to rugby league this season after a stint in rugby union, faces a ban of up to two years from the NRL's Drugs Tribunal.

However, he has informed the NRL of his intention to retire.

"People must understand that we cannot comment on any further details of the case at this stage," NRL chief executive David Gallop said today.

"This is a sad individual circumstance but also a reflection of the NRL's ongoing commitment to the most rigorous testing program in Australian sport."

AAP

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,10865184-23210,00.html

t-ba

Post Whore
Raider_69 said:
wheres a 5/8th when you need em?

ENTERS JYE MULLANE :lol: :lol:

Hey, when can we expect you to release Todd Carney? God knows you've given up every other decent half you've developed.

Never Trusted his defence. Willow for 5/8!

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Manly = screwed
Manly = Wooden Spooners 2005.

But seriously, i think Manly will go after Warriors 5/8 Thomas Leuluai, as i feel he may not be needed and he is rumoured to leave to Eels, so maybe you can outbid them :? wouldnt be a bad option, international test 5/8 in and drugee has been out.

lodown

Juniors
When you look at what we should have had
1. Stewart
2. Donald
3. Moule
4. Torrens
5. Hicks
6. Walker/Willow
7. Monas

to what it looks like we will have
1. Stewart
2. Donald
3. Stephenson
4. Hicks
5. Hoppa/NBQ
6. Willow/Mullane
7. Monas

It certainly doesn't look good at the moment. I just hope the Moule situation pans out in our favour and they make the choice of playing Willow @ 5/8, or trying to sign Whithers if he is still unsigned. I still think our backline is alright, but it could have been a lot better, more experience, and more well disaplined (that means you hoppa ;-) ). I wonder if his mum still gives him a clip around the ear, like she said she still did a few years back :lol:

Oh and once again, Mullane -> {Glass Ceiling} -> First Grade :lol:

groggo

Juniors
willow to 5/8 for sure dam this isnt good news walker dam it

we have a good 5/8 in premier league atm maybe he should get blooded properly next year

j p cherry ](*,)

Steveo

Juniors
Also, to add to all that, you are now the official 'feeder club' for The Salford City Reds!

:lol: :lol:

shadowboxer

First Grade
Go easy on "the missle" he had a cult following down at cronulla, the following to get rid of him. The missle was last seen crashing to earth somewhere near northies with jarrod anderson.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Clint Halden,Jeff Robson, JP Cherry or Mark Lennon could do the job nicely. As long as Mona's is always beating the drum. All they would have to do is pass the ball to him and do the occasional kick, which they are all quite capable of doing. Lennons defence isn't as solid as the others due to his size so that may stop him from being moved into the position.

My 1st pick would be Willow. He has the experience,talent and more importantly THE DEFENCE that we need. In the games that he started 5/8th we were up quite significantly by the 20th minute mark. 2nd pick would be Lennon, 3rd Halden.
But bottom line -

NOT JYE!! PLEASE NOT JYE!!

Latest posts