What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What time will final sell out - guesses please!

Doug2234

First Grade
Maybe the bandwagons are assuming they have no chance and havent even bothered to get tickets?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I would of thought the game would be a sellout by now considering so many people wanted the game shifted to the SFS.
The tabloid beat up doesn't translate into facts.

I've always thought the 'guaranteed' 40K figure was wildly overstated. A product of agenda-driven types clutching at straws when they start losing the battle.

The added bums-on-seats guesstimates ranged from 10,000-20,000, when a more rational or conservative figure would have been around 5,000.

The fact it still hasn't sold out is evidence enough that the contest is best served at Kogarah, and we're fortunate that cool heads prevailed in the Dragons office.

It will still be around the 17K mark though, only more red-and-white.

It would not surprise me at all if we see less Eels supporters there this week. They had a fair representation last Friday, but their plot was showing an expanding area of green grass in the second half. They're not buying up the tickets with the same zeal this week, simply because they are not as confident. Which is unfortunate because it is a do-or-die match for them and they have the team to stage an upset.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Open some temporary bars and people might show up.

I hear you brother.

Kogarah has a problem with the catering, that's why I'm bringing a hipflask with me next time. No one should have to wait in line for 10-15 minutes for drink while the game is on.

But credit where it's due. The upgrades take time. Before this year there were not enough toilets. That has been fixed - toilets galore. No point getting the booze and food flowing if there's nowhere to offload... so perhaps it's a question of priorities. ;-)

I'll certainly be one of those pushing for Kogarah to have better catering in 2010. The more the merrier.

jargan83

Coach
Surely must be just about sold out today? If not then it's very disappointing.

According to the Ticketek website, General Admission tickets are still available, as are opposition supporters bays 1 and 3 are down to single seats only. Possible that alot of supporters thought they would be no chance to secure tickets so they didn't try?

backdoor

Juniors
According to the Ticketek website, General Admission tickets are still available, as are opposition supporters bays 1 and 3 are down to single seats only. Possible that alot of supporters thought they would be no chance to secure tickets so they didn't try?

As I posted in the other forum , if you try to buy a single one of the tickets in any of those categories you get the following message:

Unable to obtain the tickets you requested. The event may be sold out or the number of tickets requested is greater than the maximum available adjacent seats.

Latest posts