What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What to do - Shed Peats or Stand and fight?

Shed Peats or Stand and fight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is not a thread for arguing over the intricacies of the salary cap.

This is not a thread for factionalism.

It is ONLY a thread to discuss what to do regarding moving Peats on or keeping him and risk losing this year.

Make your choice, posters.

Noise

Coach
Keep Peats because it increases our chances of winning games this year. Stuff the points.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
This season is done and dusted, there is no way the NRL will let us play finals.

f**k the merkins, they want us under the cap to give us fans hope and not hurt their precious comp so much.

f**k them and f**k their comp.

IFR33K

Coach
Keep him and fight the NRL in the courts.

Surely they can't possibly be including tpa's of players of yesterday year. Players that are no longer here.

Eelogical

Referee
Keep Peats, the season from here on in would be disadvantaged without him, both morally and realistically. We should just cut our losses now and prepare for 2017. This season is stained beyond belief and we should start the mopping up process now. What happens between now and the rest of the year is anyone's guess, but to give up 12 points and our #1 rake ( or any of our top 17) for an outside chance to play in the finals is fanciful, to put it politely.

Bazal

Post Whore
Keep Peats.

Shed Paulo, send him to Canberra with one of our many backs (Toutai, Faraimo, Folau, etc). They need back up three-quarters and they want Paulo, who is already gone for next year.

Play for points

Eelogical

Referee
You guys who think the players want to play the rest of the year for no points, I think you're kidding yourselves.

If we are compliant by friday, yet don't have to crucify future players along the way just to get an outside chance at playing in the finals then that's fine with me. If not, then we should accept our fate as a club and move on.

Keep Peats, the season from here on in would be disadvantaged without him, both morally and realistically. We should just cut our losses now and prepare for 2017. This season is stained beyond belief and we should start the mopping up process now. What happens between now and the rest of the year is anyone's guess, but to give up 12 points and our #1 rake ( or any of our top 17) for an outside chance to play in the finals is fanciful, to put it politely.

Players can be pragmatic, too. The situation appears to be that someone needs to go or this team will play the last two thirds of the season for no points and no shot at the thing they all play for, the title. Have you heard how that made the Storm players feel? Now that's demoralising. Do you refuse a lifeboat because I person won't fit?

If we are compliant by friday, yet don't have to crucify future players along the way just to get an outside chance at playing in the finals then that's fine with me. If not, then we should accept our fate as a club and move on.
It's been suggested that 11/15 will see us in the finals. That's an outside shot, but not fanciful.

Eelogical

Referee
Players can be pragmatic, too. The situation appears to be that someone needs to go or this team will play the last two thirds of the season for no points and no shot at the thing they all play for, the title. Have you heard how that made the Storm players feel? Now that's demoralising. Do you refuse a lifeboat because I person won't fit?

Storm players got on with it and subsequently won a premiership 3 years later.

hindy111

Post Whore
option 3 - This is the part that hurts. I have no emotions on any of this salary cap thing anymore.And as much as i want to care i just don't. Empty feeling.

The sound of silence