What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What to do. . .?

btaag

Juniors
Looked like Grothe had a back injury, hope it is not a recurrence of the injury that kept him out for many months the last few seasons.

hindy111

Post Whore
we are a bad team.we realy need a halfback and 2 forwards atleast...
The penguin is useless in the forwards as he has no power.
CVayless played alright but even a blind squirrel will find his nuts someday

Avenger

Immortal
These heartless pricks make me want to vomit. They were awful. They have no idea and the sooner Anderson gets rid of them the better.

btaag

Juniors
These heartless pricks make me want to vomit. They were awful. They have no idea and the sooner Anderson gets rid of them the better.

The Eels are one of the few things I am irrationally positive about, but after the match today I felt exactly the same way. The fact that I am not as mortified about the flogging as I could be is a result of the lack of passion displayed by the team at the moment.

I only hope the Hindmarshes of the team are hurting and are embarrased by the way we have been playing. Otherwise, why even bother?

salvy71

Juniors
Dunno what could be going through andersons mind but his statement at the press conference that the players showed no pride at times and that it could be a long year is realistic at least ....none of the "things are going good" crap we heard last year .

Avenger

Immortal
I am at the stage where I would build the team around:

The Keating brothers, Hindmarsh, Moimoi, Mateo and Mortimer. The rest can take pay cuts or f**k off.

Suitman

Post Whore
Someone mentioned to me tonight at the after match function that it was time that at least half a dozen of these pretenders spent some time at Ringrose.
I couldn't say that I disagree.

Suity

btaag

Juniors
What was the attitude of the players at the after match function? If Hayne, Mateo etc were laughing and happy I would be disgusted. I saw the team walk off the field waving to people in the crowd....If they had any pride they would have their heads down out of embarrassement.

Suitman

Post Whore
What was the attitude of the players at the after match function? If Hayne, Mateo etc were laughing and happy I would be disgusted. I saw the team walk off the field waving to people in the crowd....If they had any pride they would have their heads down out of embarrassement.

The main thing I remember was a comment from Hindy, saying that there's not much between winning and losing. :?
A poster from here turned to me and said.........."only 20 points"

She was right.

Suity

salvy71

Juniors
I was unable to make it to the parra game today.
i have been listening to it on the radio, and almost in tears.
i really don't think im brave enough to watch the replay on tv,
and for my tv's sake (as ill probably throw my ted empties at it).

Guys what do you think is going through DA's mind?
What will DA have to do inorder to give us some chance this season.

everyone has said Daniel mortimer is too young,
i think its time to bite the bullet. (give him the 7 jersey!)
Heres my team:

1. j. hayne
2. K. inu
3. j. reddy
4. t. tautai
5. e. grothe
6. k. keating
7. d. mortimer
8. n. cayless
9. m. keating
10. ff. moimoi
11. n. hindmarsh
12. b. smith
13. f. mateo

14. j. robson
15. w. hauraki
16. j. galovao
17. tim mannah

your thoughts?
this is the team i would like to see.

Unfortunately whatever team we get next week will be just a re-shuffle of the deck chairs on the titanic , losing 20 odd first graders over 3 years without buying anything has left us with a playing roster resembling a pile of garbage ......all we can do is grit our teeth for 2009 and pray for some major changes in 2010 ...either that or a mass suicide to rival jonestown ....at least we'll make world headlines ......

tresurehunt

Juniors
Well there has to be some changes, but I dont know if Anderson will, perhaps the players he would replace them with arent going so well in NSW Cup or Toyota Cup. It seems if he drops someone we dont improve or we get worse.

I dont know, maybe we should give Cordoba and Wright another chance, or even Latimore and Horo. Might as well bring on these young guys see how they go.

you can only play the cards your dealt ! DA has inherited this team ,he will make changes, as he will be scrutinized next if he doesn't

cgee221

Juniors
I posted this team in another post with explanations for why, but once Junior Paulo is fit i think we should have this side.

1) Hayne
2) Reddy
3) Smith
4) Inu
5) Grothe
6) Burt
7) Keating
13) Mateo
12) Wright
11) Hindmarsh
10) Moi Moi
8) Cayless
9) Keating

14) Kingston
15) Galuvao
16) Mannah
17) Paulo

Redback71

First Grade
Come on guys! There is something missing to this picture that goes deeper, we all know this team can play, after all I remember when most of you were spewing at the thought of loosing Hayne, Inu and several others.

So whats wrong? Whats changed? I for 1 have no idea and cant put my finger on it. B. Smith and J. Taylor and hages in year 1 had this team firing so what has changed? Sure we've losed Timmy, I. Hindy, Tahu, Ridell and P.J but the nucleous is still there.

Is it the coaching staffs fault for putting faith in our juniors?

Why can't they perform in first grade like the juniors of other teams?

Most of you were raving about them over the last few seasons, now you want to get rid of all of them?

All I can think of is, someone on the coaching staff is not doing there job properly because there is not the motivation there, its like there all a bunch deppressed lost souls or something.

I would keep the back line, on there day one of the best going around.

Dump most of the forwards except for Mannah, Moimoi and wright.

Try and sign players like: 1/ Momoghan(as half back) 2/ Fein(as hooker) 3/ at least 2 props like D. Taylor.

That would make a big difference.

1/ Reddy
2/ Burt
3/ Hayne
4/ Inu
5/ Grothe
6/ KK
7/ Monoghan
8/ MoiMoi
9/ Fein
10/ Cayless (untill his gone)
11/ Hindy
12/ Joey G
13/ Mateo

Still not perfect but 3 good signings none the less.

I would also replace the strength and conditioning coach and who ever is responsible for motivating this bunch.

14/ M. Keating
15/ D. Taylor
16/ Wright
17/ Mannah

Last edited:

natheel

Coach
yeh i was reading the papaer this morn (sunday) and saw the amount of players coming off contract in other teams and a couple of players i think parra could do with picking up

Ben Creagh
Jeff Lima
Tom Learoyd-Lars
Dene Halatau
Michael Monaghan
Gary Warbburton
Clint Newton - england

and resign
Tim Mannah
Taulima Tautai
Junior Paulo

So with those players (if we r lucky to get them) our team could be this

1. J. Hayne
2. J. Reddy
3. K. Inu
4. T. Tautai
5. E. Grothe
6. Michael Monaghan
7. Daniel Mortimer
8. J. Lima
9. M. Keating
10. N. Cayless
11. N. Hindmrsh
12. B. Creagh
13. F. Mateo
---------------------------------
14. K. Keating
15. C. Newton/G. Warburton
16. F. Moi Moi
17. T. Mannah/W. Hauraki

what do you guys think of those players?

Last edited:

Kiki

First Grade
Unfortunately whatever team we get next week will be just a re-shuffle of the deck chairs on the titanic

hahahahaha best call ever.

seriously though, i know why u guys are upset. its not because they are losing, it's coz you feel like they arent even trying. i know when the Dragons have looked like that in the past i've wanted to throttle them.

salvy71

Juniors
Come on guys! There is something missing to this picture that goes deeper, we all know this team can play, after all I remember when most of you were spewing at the thought of loosing Hayne, Inu and several others.

So whats wrong? Whats changed? I for 1 have no idea and cant put my finger on it. B. Smith and J. Taylor and hages in year 1 had this team firing so what has changed? Sure we've losed Timmy, I. Hindy, Tahu, Ridell and P.J but the nucleous is still there.

Is it the coaching staffs fault for putting faith in our juniors?

Why can't they perform in first grade like the juniors of other teams?

Most of you were raving about them over the last few seasons, now you want to get rid of all of them?

All I can think of is, someone on the coaching staff is not doing there job properly because there is not the motivation there, its like there all a bunch deppressed lost souls or something.

I would keep the back line, on there day one of the best going around.

Dump most of the forwards except for Mannah, Moimoi and wright.

Try and sign players like: 1/ Momoghan(as half back) 2/ Fein(as hooker) 3/ at least 2 props like D. Taylor.

That would make a big difference.

1/ Reddy
2/ Burt
3/ Hayne
4/ Inu
5/ Grothe
6/ KK
7/ Monoghan
8/ MoiMoi
9/ Fein
10/ Cayless (untill his gone)
11/ Hindy
12/ Joey G
13/ Mateo

Still not perfect but 3 good signings none the less.

I would also replace the strength and conditioning coach and who ever is responsible for motivating this bunch.

14/ M. Keating
15/ D. Taylor
16/ Wright
17/ Mannah

Perhaps a lot of those players that played well in 2006/07 were 1 year wonders ....or maybe signing a nice juicy contract made them complacent ......either way they don't seem to show much heart ....and a heartless team goes nowhere .....but as you said ...the forwards are pretty awful which makes it tough for the backs to perform .....

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
rearranging the players positions wont help us

some of them are showing they can be crap in any position atm

thommo4pm

Coach
From the outside looking in, and I'm probably just going to say what all of you know already.
Your forward pack is very soft.
There is nothing there that scares or worries opposition packs.
Hindmarsh works his backside off, but his hit-ups aren't effective anymore....obviously due to the amount of defence.
Cayless is past his best.
Mateo needs a kick up the arse.
In fact there probably isn't a forward in your pack besides Hindmarsh who would get a start in any of the top 8 sides forward pack.

Not trying to stick the boot in, but it's clearly time for a major clean out at Parra.

Latest posts