What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What was the go with playing towards Tigh and McManus?????

Sacrolishes

Juniors
SERIOUSLY..on so many occasions in the 2nd half 2nite, we had an entire backline attack set to the direction of MacDougall and Polgase YET they continuosly went to Tigh and McManus side and completely wasted the chances!!

even that we freakin scored ALL our tries down Doogs and Polly's side SO WHY THE HELL NOT FREAKIN KEEP GOING THAT WAY!!!!!!!

it was like they kept feeding Tigh ball to see if he COULD do something..he threatened...but did nothing!!

it was the worst display of attacking football i have seen..no organisation..i watched the players wen it faulted on Tigh and Jimmys side..Doogs, Patto and Newto were blowing up..total disorganisation...we'll get towelled by sharks next week if something dont happen quick smart!!

Just on another note..im not going to start calling for mullen and Abes solution to stop NOW...from what i've hear Walsh is returning from injury next week..and Smithy is keen to see how he goes..if all is well, there is a fair chance he may be called in...!

thats my mail anyway!

Alex28

Coach
Our whole game looked poorly organised - I mean there was a set of 6 in the first half where every hit-up was taken by a back. Not a forward in sight.

I'm up to the 50th minute and I've seen Tighe make 2 runs and McManus just make his second. The problem is that if we keep feeding it down the Macdougall/Polglase side it all gets predictable and a waste of 2 players.

rourkster

Juniors
Thank God someone else fels the same way. I thought I was being over critical. A classic example was when Buderus put the grubber through in the 2nd half and I think it was Brown that regathered it in front of Hunt. We had four players strung out to the left with only Tate and Boyd standing between them and the tryline. Instead we went to the right and wasted a tackle, then went right again and a poor pass saw a knock-on from McManus. MacDougall and Polglase were getting pneumonia out there waiting for some ball. Very frustrating.

CJKnight

Juniors
To be fair we had a couple of near misses with both Tighe and McManus. Mullen kicked behind the line several times, trying to use Tighe's pace on the chase. While the cross-field kick didn't pull off, Tighe and McManus were both stopped about a foot short of the line. It's good to see Mullen know's Tighe's advangtages and is trying to use them.

K-Man

Bench
rourkster said:
Thank God someone else fels the same way. I thought I was being over critical. A classic example was when Buderus put the grubber through in the 2nd half and I think it was Brown that regathered it in front of Hunt. We had four players strung out to the left with only Tate and Boyd standing between them and the tryline. Instead we went to the right and wasted a tackle, then went right again and a poor pass saw a knock-on from McManus. MacDougall and Polglase were getting pneumonia out there waiting for some ball. Very frustrating.

Have a look at the replay of that play. The problem was they didn't spin in it to the right straight away after regathering the kick. It was a ridiculous overlap out there but someone (forget who) tried to charge straight over. All it needed was a long pass to the halfback, long pass to the centre for a try. The Broncos had NOBODY out on Tighe's side at all. It was just too slow to get there.

Latest posts