What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What was Your Defining moment as a League fan this year??

eddo

Juniors
fosie said:
Daniel Abrahams tackle on 2 players.....can't remember who it was against but i cracked up.

I am sure that was Quinny, possibly in the saints game :?

eddo

Juniors
for me, the defining moment was when the roosters picked up a Matt gidley intercept with about 10min to go in the rnd 6 (1st home game).

I wasn't worried about joey going out so early in the season v Parra, as I was sure the blokes could do it without him, but that game really hurt.

It was a close game up to that point & I believed the knights could come back to win it. but it wasn't to be. The roosters might of even scored again to take the match.

That senario was played out over & over again all though the season. Every time the Knights were in front with 10-15 min to go, I would think: "There's only one try in this...next try will win the game"
& it seemed the bastards would go & lose it. :(

Not very positive, but that moment summed up the whole season.

Kaz

junior
CycloneSteve said:
Witnessing the first ever Extra Time Origin match LIVE!!!

I saw the Super League Origin game that went into extra time.

The longest game in history.

It was a great game even though NSW won.

Alex28

Coach
the cowboys demolishing the bulldogs in the 10 minutes Steve Price was in the sin bin. it has turned the finals series on it's head.

nothing defining has happened this year for the knights besides joey getting injured - it screwed our season.

Stranger

Coach
Bulldogs played well without Price

You know somthing i learned. I havent watch the bulldogs but i got tickets to the game and the thing i learned is that Sherwin has a great kicking game but dosent know what to do with ball in hand. Wesser was sin-binned and they didnt even go wide. They got all their points the hard way. Sherwin has alot to learn. He dosent sniff tries verry well. He needs alot of room to place his game somthing that will allways seperate him for the top end of half-backs.

KnightSmurf

Juniors
Round 6 -- my first home game in Newcastle

Being in the Broncos corporate box area cheering after Kidsy's kick went over :lol:

State of Origin 3 -- taking my brother to see it. He's a mad QLD fan and I'm a mad NSW fan. We both had a ball.

Seeing the Cowboys finally get the recognition they deserve. :clap:

lets see...

ROUND 2- Broncos losing to parra in the worst broncos performance ever.

ROUND WHATEVER- going to sunny stadium to watch the broncos lose to my most hated team (the knights) when *G*idley (whats up with kidley?) kicked that stupid kick. i sat there for ages saying it didnt go over. :(

ORIGIN 1- NSW win in another gay golden point game.

ORIGIN 3- after a great game 2, i was let down when people who had done damage to the game in previous weeks (Mason, Gasnier, Minichello) had blinders for nsw to help them win and send assholes like gould and freddy out as winners, yet those great qlders came up with nothing.

INJURIES- throughout the season the broncos lost- Barry Berrigan, Brett Seymour, Michael Devere, Craig Frawley, Darren Lockyer, Shaun Berrigan, Shane Webcke, Michael Ryan, David Stagg, Tonie Carroll and Carl Webb to either season ending injuries or injuries at significant parts of the season.

SUNCORP STADIUM- the only match i saw that the broncos won at suncorp was in round 1 against the warriors.

DALLY M'S: My most hated player Danny Buderus wins the Dally M Medal.

THE BRONCOS: Broncos have a shit finals series and go out in straight sets.

THE COWBOYS: The Cowboys get cheated by the ref and we are approacing the worst grand final since 2001 :(

Football hates me so much.

Misanthrope

Staff member
It's 'Kidley' because we call Matt Gidley, just 'Gidley'.

Oh, and since a lot of your dire year revolved around the Knights, eat shit and die. :p

You know I love you PWA. ;-)

Andy

First Grade
chriswalkerbush said:
Oh, and since a lot of your dire year revolved around the Knights, eat sh*t and die. :p

And people wonder why I don't think this guy should be moderating... :roll:

the_knights_rule

First Grade
And meetin the_knights_rule at vs Souths at Aussie. The first game that i've been to where we've won screaming through teh whole day my voice was shakey for the next few days and waving and smiling at other knights supporters afta the game

aaah thanks!
that was an awesome day, pity i didnt get u to meet joey.. next time!

my fave moment from this year was the brissy game! dannys try was absolutley amazing and kidleys goal had me on teh edge of my seat with my heart pounding VERY fast!

BUDERUS

Juniors
-Definately Kurt's field goal, great end to a game from a Knights fan's point of view!
-Danny Buderus captaining the Blues
-Danny Buderus winning the Dally M
-Cowboys in the finals. Inspirational

fosie

Juniors
thuganomics said:
eddo said:
fosie said:
Daniel Abrahams tackle on 2 players.....can't remember who it was against but i cracked up.

I am sure that was Quinny, possibly in the saints game :?

It was Quinn in the Dragons game.
He did it from the kick off.

thanks thuggy. I gotta start gettin my facts right :lol:

~bedsy~

First Grade
pennywisealfie said:
lets see...

ROUND 2- Broncos losing to parra in the worst broncos performance ever.

ROUND WHATEVER- going to sunny stadium to watch the broncos lose to my most hated team (the knights) when *G*idley (whats up with kidley?) kicked that stupid kick. i sat there for ages saying it didnt go over. :(

ORIGIN 1- NSW win in another gay golden point game.

ORIGIN 3- after a great game 2, i was let down when people who had done damage to the game in previous weeks (Mason, Gasnier, Minichello) had blinders for nsw to help them win and send assholes like gould and freddy out as winners, yet those great qlders came up with nothing.

INJURIES- throughout the season the broncos lost- Barry Berrigan, Brett Seymour, Michael Devere, Craig Frawley, Darren Lockyer, Shaun Berrigan, Shane Webcke, Michael Ryan, David Stagg, Tonie Carroll and Carl Webb to either season ending injuries or injuries at significant parts of the season.

SUNCORP STADIUM- the only match i saw that the broncos won at suncorp was in round 1 against the warriors.

DALLY M'S: My most hated player Danny Buderus wins the Dally M Medal.

THE BRONCOS: Broncos have a sh*t finals series and go out in straight sets.

THE COWBOYS: The Cowboys get cheated by the ref and we are approacing the worst grand final since 2001 :(

Football hates me so much.
Why do you hate him so much?

CycloneSteve

Juniors
Nah the worst Grand Final for me was 1995 Canterbury vs Manly. It remains to this very day the ONLY grand final i have never watched since I was a footy fan (my first was in 1980 at only 4 years old lol....i dont remember it but dad said I watched it all the way through)

Andy said:
chriswalkerbush said:
Oh, and since a lot of your dire year revolved around the Knights, eat sh*t and die. :p

he cant moderate coz he says what he likes? go and protest somewhere mr PC. chris is a mate of mine so i dont care if he says that stuff to me.

and bedsy, my hate for buderus came in the 2001 season when he was picked for the australian team after not even playing origin and (bronco at the time) luke priddis missed out. then in 2002 origin he seemed so in love with johns it made me sick and after there win in game 1 2002 buderus seemed so big-headed. then recently ive started to think well hes not so bad but then he became captain of the knights and he just doesnt stop whinging to the ref, worse than any soccer player.

nz_novacastrian

Juniors
Kurts field goal.

And i cant go past Freddie's charge down in the 3rd origin and his final origin to score under the sticks. fitting fairwell.

~bedsy~

First Grade
pennywisealfie said:
Andy said:
chriswalkerbush said:

he cant moderate coz he says what he likes? go and protest somewhere mr PC. chris is a mate of mine so i dont care if he says that stuff to me.

and bedsy, my hate for buderus came in the 2001 season when he was picked for the australian team after not even playing origin and (bronco at the time) luke priddis missed out. then in 2002 origin he seemed so in love with johns it made me sick and after there win in game 1 2002 buderus seemed so big-headed. then recently ive started to think well hes not so bad but then he became captain of the knights and he just doesnt stop whinging to the ref, worse than any soccer player.
That annoyed me, but he is a really nice guy and isn't pig headed at all.