What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What we want...

budz

Juniors
I think the overall game was pretty good, especially for a first go. Look at NBA live 2004 or Madden, whatever, and they have been constructing the game for 8-10 years with an improved version each year.
I think if Sidhe were given 8 years, they would have made a pretty good RL game.
there were some in game errors, but Sidhe dont have millions to spend like EA or whatever.
Hopefully, because of the success of the game, the next title, fingers crossed, will have a bigger budget, with a decent platform to work from.
We need in the next game:
- better interchange system with the listing of whos coming on/off from both teams coming on the screen like EA does well
- ability to buy and sell and trade players mid-season
- injuries that last more than the game
- one feature which is really good in NBA is the little icon next to the players name. Sometimes there is a star(star player in team), a shoe(to indicate high flyer), or a basketball with a three in it(indicates good outside shooter).
the next RL game DEFINITELY needs something like this.
With cronulla for example, kimmorley would have a star, vagana a try-scoring icon, peachey with an offload icon, nutley with an icon to show his firery nature etc etc...
Each team could have these, and it would indicate how they played.
Mario pls include this - it would add heaps to the game

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Please let us be able to move players to different positions - without wasting valuable interchanges.

DAMAN04

Juniors
We need a video ref for tries....it would make the game more interesting.
We need an option to turn fights on and off.....plz plz plz
We need more realisme....someone does a high tackle and they get put on report and then they start playing the game again....not as many high tackles and sin bins..plz this really gets me angry..
We need more options like a knockout comp...
we need unlockable players and teams..
WE NEED BETTER CELEBRATIONS AFTER A MATCH AND A GRAND FINAL
IT WOULD BE MADD IF THERE WERE FIREWORKS AND CHEERLEEDERS AT A GRAND FINAL...
IF WE R PLAYIN IN LEAGUE COMP IT WOULD BE GOOD AT HALF TIME WHERE LITTLE SCREENS COME UP SAYING THE RESULTS OF OTHER TEAMS LIKE ON MADDEN....
REPLAY WHERE U CAN PAUSE THE GAME AND GO TO REPLAY AND WATCH TACKLES AND STUFF......
MORE WEATHER OPTIONS....SNOW HEAVIER RAIN....MUDDY GROUNDS....
IT WOULD BE GOOD IF THE CROUD WAS MORE REAL WHERE THEY STAND UP...AND WALK AROUND...
THE TEAM MASCOT WOULD BE GOOD...
REDFERN OVAL!!!!
EVERY FOOTBALL TEAMS FOOTBALL BOOTS ARE EXACTLY THE SAME....MAKE SOME BLUE ...RED BLACK...GREEN..ANY COLOUR...
BETTER COMMENTRY...FROM FATTY STERLO AND THE BOYS...
EXPRESS ADVOCATE STADIUM....
ABLE TO CHOOSE YOUR OWN STATE OF ORIGIN SIDES AND AUSTRALIA...I CAN THINK OF MORE

DAMAN04,

When will people work out that this is NEVER going to happen. The last thing the NRL want is a video game aimed at young children and teenagers generally having fights. They want to try and clean the image of the sport up, so fights will never get in, plus they would get boring after a while.

DAMAN04,

You can make one yourself dude.

DAMAN04,

When will people work out that this is NEVER going to happen. The last thing the NRL want is a video game aimed at young children and teenagers generally having fights. They want to try and clean the image of the sport up, so fights will never get in, plus they would get boring after a while.

DAMAN04,

You can make one yourself dude.

DAMAN04

Juniors
1. thats y they have an option to turn them on and of
2. knockout comps like i know u can make one ur self....but like i dunno something in the comp like ...they have aboriginal comps...something like that,....but i guess make ur own ay... :p

inertia666

Juniors
fights and video refs is just kids stuff anyway. its all bells and whistles. i want to see better gameplay before cheap addons like this are even considered.

DAMAN04

Juniors
mate video ref isnt kids stuff...we dont want a nrl game with all this franchise and all crap in it....we want game that is exactly like the real thing.....y does everyone say it's gay and kids stuff...it's madd....u need to have a game exactly like the real blody thing. :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: #-o

inertia666

Juniors
Obviously, the TV is "the real bloody thing" to you. I don't want to be a tv viewer controlling some players thanks.

Video referring is hardly like the real thing. i can go to any number of league clubs in any country and video refs will not be used. If high profile rugby league is the only thing that exisits in your world then it is indeed "standard" i guess.

Video refs are in place to make decisions that the real referee can't see. This is a computer for christ sakes, it knows when a try is a try. The only reason people could possibly want a video ref is to create some psuedo tension and more timewasting in the game. If you want to watch things rather than play then go and pick up EAs Rugby 2004.

Personally, i could do without the computer spending 5 minutes on a tough call :p

Video ref is kids stuff. They should release two versions. "Mickey Mouses Rugby League", featuring fights, video refs, cheerleaders, funny characters and crazy half time tea parties for people like you and a more serious sim game that has most of the effort spent on important gameplay features.

Let's be realistic, if a new game does come out next year from SIDHE then there's possibly less than a year to work on it and since these silly things don't take 5 minutes to implement we'll end up with a similar game with more visual addons.

DAMAN04

Juniors
well thats ur mind...lets see what happens in the next game if one does come out..
but i really think it should be there....it wont take 5 minutes....they have one on cricket all of the cricket games on ps2...wat should be different about nrl....
and cheerleaders.....and all the other stuff i said..is good...f**k...these games can be seperated...1 for franchising and crap...and 1 for all the real stuff in the game....wat do u think the makers will choose? some unrealistic peice of crap...or the real bloody thing...u dont get it....they have vnrl and priddos game for franchising....

inertia666

Juniors
to be perfectly honest i have no idea what the game makers will choose, depends if they want to americanise everything (as you'd like) or have some kind of back to basics approach to games that the industry truly needs.

Eels Dude

Coach
inertia666 said:
Video ref is kids stuff. They should release two versions. "Mickey Mouses Rugby League", featuring fights, video refs, cheerleaders, funny characters and crazy half time tea parties for people like you and a more serious sim game that has most of the effort spent on important gameplay features.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd like to see the gameplay increased more than anything. Fix up the annoying glitches like players players not running onto the ball from cutout passes, not catching the ball from the kickoff, too many sinbins etc.They can also better the statistics and ai games, top tacklers shouldn't all be fullbacks, definition of a hitup should be simpler, teams shouldn't be held to nil as often as they are. Just to make the game more realistic and fun to play. Fights and mascots and stuff would get boring after seeing them more than twice anyway. Franchising and stuff I wouldn't mind but it's not a priority, it would make the game better but not before other glitches are cleared up.

DAMAN04

Juniors
i understand what ur saying...but if they want to make a nrl game they have to make it about nrl..and wat happens and crap...they cant have peices missing and stuff.....franchises and stuff isnt in the game....u see all those other games like soccor manager and stuff...thats franchising.....and crap....nrl games arnt about that..... :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

nöyd

Staff member
Mate franchising is another word for season mode, it just involves more than one season. I would like gameplay improved before anything else too but being able to take a team through more than one season with the challenges of keeping your best side on the park through REALISTIC hassles like a salary cap, longer injuries, suspensions, retirements...these are all REALISTIC NRL traits that should make their way into an NRL game, sooner or later. Fights and cheerleaders will fast become old hat, one push of a button and they can be skipped over anyway, so if they're in or out I don't really care...

DAMAN04 said:
nrl games arnt about that.....

Well I've only played ONE NRL game, dunno bout you?? :?: :? :D

inertia666

Juniors
DAMAN04 said:
i understand what ur saying...but if they want to make a nrl game they have to make it about nrl..and wat happens and crap...they cant have peices missing and stuff.....franchises and stuff isnt in the game....u see all those other games like soccor manager and stuff...thats franchising.....and crap....nrl games arnt about that..... :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

apart from being wrong you have to be realistic about what will be put in the game. SIDHE will not have a multi million dollar budget and a development team in the hundreds to put out a game with all the features within 1-2 years (hence your comment about putting people on the moon is just not in persepective with the real financial world). It's about prioritising whats really important over unnecessary features that don't enhance the actual gameplay.

You obviously have no clue about programming if you think these silly extras take 5 minutes to implement. 1 week to implement video ref is one week not spent on do something important for the game.

I've played several sports sims over the years and the one thing they have in common is that they nearly all suck gameplay wise but people buy into it because its their favourite sport. Rugby fans will buy any old crap just to play rugby.

The latest EA games are all about sound and visuals and the gameplay is still horrific, like NBA and NHL yet despite putting out crap games they are still the biggest sports company in the world.

DAMAN04

Juniors
lol im not a computer nerd i dont want to know about programing and all that shit...yous are seriously f**ked in the head get a life...go get on the feild wit me and play a game of footy instead of watching everyone else do it.....twinkies like everyone in this forum belong playing soccer....u seriously dont know how many people are laughing at u right now!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

DAMAN04

Juniors
u shut the f**k up u fat peice of shit reg ragen...low life merkin get a job....get a gf....fat shit!!....u wanna talk bad about me say it to my f**king face old f**king twinkie child touching soaps

inertia666

Juniors
you might think you're safe behind your computer but when you call someone a child molester you are slandering them in a public place. If he decides to go to the police the admin here will have to turn over your ip which means a call to your local internet provider who will pass on your details and then it's court time. All that dude has to make is one phone call and you are f**ked. So grow up little boy

nöyd

Staff member
Is that what he said?? Sorry I can't read gibberish... #-o :roll: :lol:

Try decaf old mate :clap: :clap: :clap:

Latest posts