What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What went click?

spiderdan

Bench
the eels went click. or so the club song would have us believe.

it was a great performance. yes they had some players out and copped a few injuries but to have 68 put on them is pretty freakish. a great effort by our players.

i am gonna draw a parallel to the '95 dogs here. they were a good side that didn't look like winning the comp until they smashed the cowboys in the last round. they even got beaten by the worst team in the comp before beating the three teams that everyone was talking about en route to the title.

we have as much chance of winning this comp as anyone in the 8.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I thought it was possession and alot more second phase play and variation. In the hot sun a big Broncos were out on their feet because we began to run them around and that was due to more bodies in motion. Hayne began to support the ball runners and the offloads were getting us into the backfield. After that the Broncos were toast and Smith could just pick the right targets.

I still want to see more people run off Feleti. He was devestating because they had to try and stop the offload which gave him more freedom to drive in the tackle.

The first try is exactly what I have been going on about. Cayless goes to the line with a support runner and a pass before the line can present a hole when the defence tries to gang tackle.

I thought it was possession and alot more second phase play and variation. In the hot sun a big Broncos were out on their feet because we began to run them around and that was due to more bodies in motion. Hayne began to support the ball runners and the offloads were getting us into the backfield. After that the Broncos were toast and Smith could just pick the right targets.

I still want to see more people run off Feleti. He was devestating because they had to try and stop the offload which gave him more freedom to drive in the tackle.

Natalie's Daddy said:
The first try is exactly what I have been going on about. Cayless goes to the line with a support runner and a pass before the line can present a hole when the defence tries to gang tackle.

100%

Suitman

Post Whore
Natalie's Daddy said:

Yep, best reply yet, and my thoughts exactly.

Suity

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I'm glad that people agree with me and I hope the players and coaches see it that way to because if we revert to the ugly win approach we will get beaten by the Warriors.

I don't think we will get those same weather conditions at Auckland this Friday night. It's always dewy at night over there and parra have played sh*t on wet surfaces this year.

But you never know.....

V1er

Juniors
Our 2 best wins this year (yesterday and v tigers) have been when we've shown some flair in attack, i hope that we can keep playing like it.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
The dewy weather is what bothers me because I am afraid we will try and tuck it under the wing and not play football. You can still be attacking in the wet. It is all about getting more bodies in motion and making the defence make decisions. The only way to break the line is to make the defence make a mistake.

yy_cheng

Coach
YOu know what I find funny?

We've spent the season playing a very ad-lib type footy (well sometimes). Then the last 2 weeks, we went into a in your face defensive structure, which I believe, affected our attack as
the forwards were knackered.

Yesterday, we went back to the old way of defensive. i.e. hanging back. There was no in your face defense our for some reason, our attack clicked.

Bigfella

Coach
Hey Jake and ND - at least the dewy conditions will be good for one thing - Manu's handling...

Bombs away boys!

Nickeel

Juniors
Bigfella said:
Hey Jake and ND - at least the dewy conditions will be good for one thing - Manu's handling...

Bombs away boys!

I think Manu's out, unfortunately.

Nick

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
jayjayselmes said:
i personally thought when hodges went off they were f**ked.

And also that they had 6 of there best first graders out!

yeah we won, but f**k wake up its not like we put 68 points on melbourne or manly.

FFS
Do you enjoy Rugby League?

Because you don't seem to enjoy supporting Parra (if that's what you call it).

strider

Post Whore
B-Tron 3000 said:
Do you enjoy Rugby League?

Because you don't seem to enjoy supporting Parra (if that's what you call it).
:lol: :lol: ..... this is sooooo spot on its just plan funny

Jake the snake said:

100%
yeah that was probably a factor the eels saw the big forwards tiring and decided to take them on with our quick backs, jarryd hayne running the ball back with gusto for a change and carving out some big metres for us was another plus

eelsta

Bench
jayjayselmes said:
i personally thought when hodges went off they were f**ked.

And also that they had 6 of there best first graders out!

yeah we won, but f**k wake up its not like we put 68 points on melbourne or manly.

FFS

SHUT UP

Latest posts