What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What will be Perth Red's excuse for not supporting the Perth Bears?

What will be Perth Red's excuse for not supporting the Perth Bears?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

docbrown

Coach
When the Perth Bears come into the competition, Perth Red will inevitably find some excuse for why they're not good enough to support, even though he has whined about not having a Perth team for two decades.

Pippen94

First Grade
When the Perth Bears come into the competition, Perth Red will inevitably find some excuse for why they're not good enough to support, even though he has whined about not having a Perth team for two decades.

I don't see it happening. NRL wants Perth bears but wa people might be too dumb to realise it. Perth will never get a team. Pr has been condemned to pushing this rock uphill for the rest of his life. Unfortunately, we all suffer..

Will the "North Sydney Bears" be integrated into their jersey logo? Ala ""Eastern Suburbs" and The Rooters?
If so, the WAWA'S won't have it
Do you reckon Peter Cummins priced his consortium out of a licence?

If I was North Sydney I wouldn't want to enter into a business partnership with some one who said they will only side with me if they have no other option.

Do you think North Sydney will give up the "non-negotiables"?

The Brisbane Lions have the old Fitzroy Lions logo on the back of their guernsey, with the abbreviation of Brisbane Bears Fitzroy Football Club. The Sydney Swans guernsey has the abbreviation of South Melbourne Football Club on its back.

It'll be a tough task for the Perth side of the bid to convince North Sydney Bears to not be represented in their brand in some shape or form.

There was a massive dispute between the Brisbane Bears Fitzroy Football Club and Fitzroy Football Club when the former decided to replace the original Fitzroy logo.

flippikat

Bench
How about something valid to object to, like (say) too many games at North Sydney Oval?

If the home games in Sydney (or anywhere in NSW for that matter) gets to be more than 1 or 2 *at most* per season, I think the people of Perth can quite rightly feel suspicious that this is just a roundabout way of getting the Bears back, playing all their home games close to their traditional home - if not AT North Sydney Oval itself.

Pippen94

First Grade
Do you reckon Peter Cummins priced his consortium out of a licence?

If I was North Sydney I wouldn't want to enter into a business partnership with some one who said they will only side with me if they have no other option.

Do you think North Sydney will give up the "non-negotiables"?

The Brisbane Lions have the old Fitzroy Lions logo on the back of their guernsey, with the abbreviation of Brisbane Bears Fitzroy Football Club. The Sydney Swans guernsey has the abbreviation of South Melbourne Football Club on its back.

It'll be a tough task for the Perth side of the bid to convince North Sydney Bears to not be represented in their brand in some shape or form.

There was a massive dispute between the Brisbane Bears Fitzroy Football Club and Fitzroy Football Club when the former decided to replace the original Fitzroy logo.

NRL was never interested. Consortium of unnamed businessmen will need bailing out at some point. Redcliffe expansion is the template going forward. PNG will have ironclad funding from feds. Nz2 sky money. Norths will give Perth financial base, but really is pie in sky & Vlandys knows will probably never happen.

NRL was never interested. Consortium of unnamed businessmen will need bailing out at some point. Redcliffe expansion is the template going forward. PNG will have ironclad funding from feds. Nz2 sky money. Norths will give Perth financial base, but really is pie in sky & Vlandys knows will probably never happen.
V'landys is helping his mates at Ch9 and News Ltd run lots of puff pieces about the Bears.

docbrown

Coach
Can we please stick to the topic? There's 20 other threads discussing the Perth Bid and 5000 others ruined by Perth Red bringing up a Perth team off-topic.

Now looking at the current voting poll - some petty bulls**t is winning. But remember to vote. The poll closes soon in 3 years.

Colour scheme will be part of it. The colours for PNG are red, gold and black. They're in pole position to get the 18th licence. Perth will have to settle with red and black.

Latest posts