What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What will this do for our FIFA ranking?

Azkatro

First Grade
Question is in the title. I think we were 54th leading into this tie. Anyone know off the top of their head when the rankings are revised next?

Dogaholic

First Grade
This will bump up our rankinks by quite a bit. But, the rankings don't really mean anything

Nuffs

Bench
yeah i thought they released the new rankings next week since all of the world cup qualifiers have now finished

we will jump by about 5 spots.

5 goals against a higher ranked team + a win and a loss against a member of the highest rating continent. win counts for more than the loss as we weren't expected to win

sooperdooper

First Grade
Twizzle said:
I don't think one game will do anythign for our ranking
it will, games are based on points... eg: australia play fiji and beat them, not worth many points as weak opposition etc.
aus beats uruguay for world cup pos = many points, i think it will bump us up a few spots

borat

Bench
It will greatly boost our ranking because it was a meaningful game, not a friendly, against strong opposition.

Morenito

Juniors
I think the good thing is now we will be playing more matches next year as well as the asian qualifiers so we are able to make points.

When you play 4 matches a year its kinda hard to go up the rankings.

bender

Juniors
borat said:
It will greatly boost our ranking because it was a meaningful game, not a friendly, against strong opposition.

But we did only win one and lose one. Do they count penalties in rankings?

perth sharkie

Juniors
Doesn't matter. The FIFA rankings are hopeless and shouldn't be taken seriously at all if you're using it as a guide as to who is the better team.

J-Man

Juniors
Honestly, looking at the FIFA rankings, I have concluded that whoever puts them together is high on crack cocaine. What a joke!