What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Would a Premiership Mean to You

hindy111

Post Whore
Yeah similar ... though i think 2 fist pumps and a lap of the lounge room is in order.
It would be great to win, but its not gonna dramatically change my life.

It's great to win. But either way it's been a fun season. And as you said we are a pair of grown men who understand it's just a game. I would of loved to have won a premiership when I was in my 20s and my nuts where fuller and much more powerfull. I would of been out and about drinking and having fun. But those days are passed. A few drinks and bed for me.

Suitman

Post Whore
I went to the '76 GF (as a 12 yo), the ' 77 GF and replay (let off school early to attend), and the '81, '82, '83 and '86 Grand Final wins. I've been blessed in my lifetime.

Those 80's years were the greatest Eels supporting years of my life. We were the most exciting attacking team in those years that I have ever seen.

I also went to all GF's between 1999 - 2018, with RL supporting mates of mine from NZ who came out every year for a road trip. They were also fun times.
2001 and 2009 killed me. I was also at every semi-final we played within these years. 2005 also killed me.

Yet, I'm still here, and am going to the game on Sunday thanks to @emjaycee and his generosity.

I'm getting older and time is running out to see another Premiership win, so my plans are to make the very most of the day.
I'm planning on soaking up as much of the day as possible, so I'll be doing a bit of travelling via public transport and visiting a few venues before heading to the stadium and catching up with friends to watch the game.
It's been 13 years since all we Eels fans have felt like this. It's an amazingly, exciting feeling. Tbh, I'm not sure it has still sunk in tbh. My daughter is so excited.

Last weekend, when it was decided that we were playing Penrith, I thought we would be no chance.
As the week has progressed, I'm not so sure.
All the pressure is on the favorites.

Last edited:

Chipmunk

Coach
I actually find it a bit difficult to put into words what it would mean for Parra to win the Premiership.

I was 13 when we last won a Premiership, and remember the day well. I have vague recollections of all three of the other Grand Final victories at the time also.

I am now 49, and have lived almost 3/4's of my life, and all of my adult life, since we've won one.

I've apparently been on this forum for 19 years last week, more than half the time ago since we last the competition.

I've never married and have no kids (which is just the way I like it).

A Parramatta Premiership would likely be the greatest single moment of my adult life. I couldn't think of anything that would remotely come close to it.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Dont know about you lot, but I wont just shed a tear, the waterworks will flow as soon as the FT siren sounds, possibly earlier if there is no chance of us being beaten (may hold off on that one a tad lol).

Will hug people I know, will hug Parra strangers. It will be bigger than any new years eve countdown and party. Dont intend to sleep Sunday night / Monday morning

Gazzamatta

Coach
It will also be a bit of a debt paid to my boy should our boys triumph. Over the years I purchased him numerous Eels jerseys. Many with the name Sterling and a 7 on the back particularly in those early years.
Im not sure what year it was but one Christmas I got him a new jersey. Our Eels best and most notable player was Stuart Kelly so enough said, this new jersey was presented with a "3" on the back. Fu*k me dead if Im lieing but shortly after Kelly moved on and guess who wore the "3" jersey? None other than David Kidwell. Hes never forgiven me for that present. I owe him one and a premiership on Sunday may just square the ledger.
Go you Magnificent Eels.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Awesome thread. It’s hard to put in words what it would mean to me, which is silly in the grand scheme of things, but it has been such a massive part of my life. From my old man taking us to games when I was 5, playing footy in the backyard with my cousins when they came over and being Kenny, through to the disappointments of 01 and 09 and now taking my girls to games. It has been a wild ride!!

I guess the best way to describe it is that I had a very good chance of getting premium box tickets to the GF, full sit down dinner, 6 hour food and bev package and diamond seating. It was tempting, but I’ve been going to games with @Noise since we were young fellas and I just can’t imagine witnessing our first premiership in living memory without the merkin.

Don’t let us down lads, you’ve got this 🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦

Ozzi_78

First Grade
As a sharks fan this thread is a good read. I was 38 when we won In 2016 and had been going to games for 33 years with no success so a similar timeframe as what some of you have endured since ‘86.

At this point I’m sure some of you just want nothing more than this 1 game just to release the damn pressure. I fully understand how you feel.

I was in the crowd in 2016 and will forever be thankful we got the result on the day and I was there to see it. I truly hope that for your fans sake you guys get to experience the tears I had at full time when Leutele finally made a tackle.

Good luck and enjoy the day!

Happy MEel

First Grade
As a sharks fan this thread is a good read. I was 38 when we won In 2016 and had been going to games for 33 years with no success so a similar timeframe as what some of you have endured since ‘86.

At this point I’m sure some of you just want nothing more than this 1 game just to release the damn pressure. I fully understand how you feel.

I was in the crowd in 2016 and will forever be thankful we got the result on the day and I was there to see it. I truly hope that for your fans sake you guys get to experience the tears I had at full time when Leutele finally made a tackle.

Good luck and enjoy the day!
Thanks mate, really appreciate the genuine well wishes from an opposition supporter. Hopefully we get to experience what you did in 16’. Coincidentally enough, I’m 38 and have been going to games for the last 33 years. Surely that’s a sign.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
It will mean f**k all in the scheme of things.

That said, I'll probably think about my old man who is the reason I support the eels. We rarely missed a home game in the 80s, particularly after Parra Stadium was built and we were still dirty westies. Wasn't even a family thing - just him and I going to most games. Things changed when we moved to the Central Coast. Didn't get down to see them as much, but by that stage they were piss.

I wish he could see another premeriship. Will be the first Parra GF that he won't be able to watch. If he was still alive he'd be shit bagging BA deluxe.

Reflector

Juniors
I'll feel even more justified snapping up those tickets a few weeks back when they were still available at sale price and surprising my relo's with them after F/T last Friday night. Not sure if my godfather has been to a Parra GF, but while my aunt was there in '81 when they broke the duck against Newtown, my uncle last went in '77 to the draw with Saints.

Had an old friend who was a Cowboys fan (as was his family) and for years we'd talk about how we'd totally go if/ when NQ made the decider again. So as soon as they beat the Storm in 2015, we got tickets and the rest is history.

Never talked about going to the GF with my relo's before if Parra made it, but it has that kind of feeling to it. The fact an Eels victory appears so unlikely would make it even more special. For that reason I'm predicting Parra win by 2, Moses 40m field goal in the dying minutes to seal the Premiership and earn the CC medal.

Eelogical

Referee
We won 4 premierships when I was at High school
There was a lot of Manly fans at my school, I cleaned up in bets, and laughed at them

Fast forward 36 years

We have our School Reunion on Oct 8th
Parra needs to win on Sunday......for the mercy of god, to avoid a night of heckles and Parra jokes
Can you go back to High School? Evening classes will do.

Latest posts