What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What would be a pass mark?

What is a pass mark for this year?

• Just making the 8

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Winning first week at home in the finals

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Making the grand final

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • You make the finals to win the grand final

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters

Happy MEel

First Grade
I can’t believe that after getting the spoon last year that some of you merkins have raised the bar so high for a “pass mark”.

Not a “great year” or “high achievers” a f**king pass mark.

We have finished one win below the raiders who basically have the nucleus of the GB side, then the only teams above us are privately owned with TPAs and rep players coming out their arses.

We shot past a pass mark IMHO from week 1 when we landed in the top 8 and then remained there for 25 rounds FFS.
Agreed. I think I’ve firmly been placed in the death rider camp but this season has been outstanding. We have exceeded all realistic expectations for this season and every game from here on in is a bonus. We also have improved the squad during the season and by all reports, are
Looking to strengthen it further. Kudos to all involved.

I can’t believe that after getting the spoon last year that some of you merkins have raised the bar so high for a “pass mark”.

We have finished one win below the raiders who are basically have the nucleus of the GB side, then the only teams above us are privately owned with TPAs and rep players coming out their arses.

We shot past a pass mark IMHO from week 1 when we landed in the top 8 and then remained there for 25 rounds FFS.
Firstly, I don't see a lot of people saying we haven't got a pass mark. Secondly, we should be judging our performance this year on our squad strength, injuries, luck and all the other factors that have had a bearing this year. Winning the spoon last year has very little effect. What you're feeling is relief.

Gronk

Staff member
Firstly, I don't see a lot of people saying we haven't got a pass mark. Secondly, we should be judging our performance this year on our squad strength, injuries, luck and all the other factors that have had a bearing this year. Winning the spoon last year has very little effect. What you're feeling is relief.

Well 70%+ of the merkins who voted say that winning next week at a minimum is a pass mark and that is generally the mood of the thread.

Kornstar

Coach

We have finished one win below the raiders who basically have the nucleus of the GB side, then the only teams above us are privately owned with TPAs and rep players coming out their arses.

What if you are one of the people who think last year was a massive underachievement? We were 4th in 2017 and spooners in 2018 and now 5th in 2019.

We were a much better team than we played last year, we made the mistake of being complacent and we lost the first 6 games and we are not mentally strong enough as a club to come back from that.

We lost back to back games in the 2017 finals series so for me winning week 1 of the finals this year is a must, we finished 2.5 games better than the 8th placed team.

I still believe this year we have top 4 talent and bottom 4 mentality and a loss next week will not change that. Winning next week may be the shot in the arm the club needs to start that winning culture we desperately need.......we have made some steps this year but i will admit rounds 22 and 23 set us back a bit but Friday was a step in the right direction again.

Well 70%+ of the merkins who voted say that winning next week at a minimum is a pass mark and that is generally the mood of the thread.
I don't think the poll choices are all that good because there's only one that gives you the option of choosing what we've already achieved and three more that we are yet to achieve. For instance there could have been a 'just avoiding the spoon is a pass' or 'contending for the finals is a pass'. If it was a simple 'have we achieved a pass mark, yes or no' I'd bet the majority would vote yes.

TheRam

Coach

That because you are a settler. I and Hindy don't believe in settling or excuses.

NO FREAKIN EXCUSES!!!

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

If only they set such high standards for themselves...

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Agreed. I think I’ve firmly been placed in the death rider camp but this season has been outstanding. We have exceeded all realistic expectations for this season and every game from here on in is a bonus. We also have improved the squad during the season and by all reports, are
Looking to strengthen it further. Kudos to all involved.
Good man, MEely. Welcome to the nut.hugger club.

hindy111

Post Whore

Top 4 in 2017.
2018 was a disaster.
2019 was a suprise
2020 we could be a very good team

I feel like the top 4 sides will all be weaker next year. Our 2020 side will see Moses get into peak years.
Brown and Mahoney start to blossum
And a few big young props coming into side.
Bar Manu we are not losing anyone and there isn't any real old guys who are falling apart. Plus we will make 2 or 3 very good signings.

TheRam

Coach

The mood of the thread can be seen as an analogy of sorts of the competition itself. You have 16 clubs and 14 of those are usually also rans and in and out of the finals and rarely make a GF let alone win one. Then there is the Storm and Roosters that are virtually always in the finals, minor premiers and repeatedly in GF and win one or two every hand handful of years. That my friends is me and Hindy. A cut above the rest.

No excuses!

hindy111

Post Whore
The mood of the thread can be seen as an analogy of sorts of the competition itself. You have 16 clubs and 14 of those are usually also rans and in and out of the finals and rarely make a GF let alone win one. Then there is the Storm and Roosters that are virtually always in the finals, minor premiers and repeatedly in GF and win one or two every hand handful of years. That my friends is me and Hindy. A cut above the rest.

No excuses!

Does this make Gronk like the Titans?
Gary I guess is St George. Can't perform under pressure.
Strider I guess is the dogs. Punches hard and gives his all but he just isn't that good.

But your right Ram. I'm like the Patriots and your like the Golden state Warriors.
Pure class, winners and professionals who know what it takes to win.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Strider I guess is the dogs. Punches hard and gives his all but he just isn't that good.

But your right Ram. I'm like the Patriots and your like the Golden state Warriors.
Ummmm...you do realise Golden State lost in the finals this year, don’t you?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

No excuses!
Sounds like you should follow one of those teams then. Neither club has many fans who make excuses or otherwise.

TheRam

Coach

Oaf my little Patriot buddy.

Last edited: